“The next primary contest is three weeks away,” Shakir said in a statement. “Sen. Sanders is going to be having conversations with supporters to assess his campaign.”
— mike casca (@cascamike) March 18, 2020
Tuesday night Sanders lost Florida, taking just 23% of the vote to Joe Biden’s 62%. In Illinois Sanders captured just 36% against Biden’s 59%. And in Arizona Sanders took nearly 32% to Biden’s nearly 44%.
Once again Sanders did not give a campaign speech Tuesday night for supporters following his losses, but he did live stream comments on the coronavirus pandemic last night, as NBC News noted.
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
#BidenHarris2020Landslide Trends as Americans Embrace ‘Just Hearing a Normal, Smart Man and Woman Speak With Hope’
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris made a huge impact on America when the two Democrats appeared together for the first time Wednesday as the presumptive presidential and vice presidential nominees. Both delivered uplifting and positive speeches, and both took time to slam President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
Take a look at some of the clips from their speeches, delivered moments ago.
On social media Americans reacted quite positively, causing #BidenHarris2020Landslide to trend.
Here are some of the responses. Note how excited, happy, and joyous many felt – as one person put it, “just hearing a normal, smart man and woman speak with hope.”
There is no reason that this speech should be making me emotional. Maybe it's just hearing a normal, smart man and woman speak with hope, speak without hate, speak to our strengths, speak without vitriol. #BidenHarris2020Landslide
— Rick Trock (@RickORick) August 12, 2020
OMG…hearing Biden and Harris talk reminds me there really IS a world outside of Trump hell.
— Just Mary (@BlueHenArt) August 12, 2020
@JoeBiden ‘s and @KamalaHarris televised press conference is filling me with hope and optimism.
I had almost forgotten what that felt like in tRump’s dysfunctional America.#BidenHarris2020Landslide pic.twitter.com/6w0hJCPPsN
— Sukie 😘 #WearTheMask (@FroggyBottomPnd) August 12, 2020
— ROBINSON_TUFF ✊🏾 (@tuff_robinson) August 12, 2020
Donald Trump has never brought kids together. Put smiles in their faces. And never once stopped being selfish for 4 years. I can't wait for the election. #BidenHarris2020Landslide pic.twitter.com/cJ72m8kUDb
— Johnny (@ItsJohnny05) August 12, 2020
Are you watching our next President? @JoeBiden sure as hell has no cognitive issues! He is smart sharp strong & caring. He is everything Trump is not. #BidenHarris2020Landslide pic.twitter.com/6bNJBmInpF
— Josh Friedman (@joshfriedmanTX) August 12, 2020
— VoteBLUE! (@RiderBabe52) August 12, 2020
I'm not crying you're crying.
— #Resist Debrianna📢 (@DMansini) August 12, 2020
— Fed up (@global_states) August 12, 2020
I thought I was out of tears from yesterday, but the tears of joy and hope… yes, finally, HOPE, are still flowing.
— HawaiiDelilah™ (@HawaiiDelilah) August 12, 2020
I'm all in. What a great team.
These two are exactly what Americans have desperately wanted & needed. This is so refreshing. Speaking from the heart, with humanity, telling the truth & showing strength is something we've never seen from the GOP#BidenHarris2020Landslide
— Susan LaDuke (@Sjladuke75Susan) August 12, 2020
Biden first appearance together with Kamala Harris was fantastic and exactly what one would have wished for under these COVID-19 circumstances; absolutely great, with damning speeches to boot indicting Trump and why he must be defeated#BidenHarris2020 #BidenHarris2020Landslide pic.twitter.com/tIxfEcVhKY
— Omwenga (@Omwenga) August 12, 2020
Finally…..a President and VP we will be proud of ….. Pres. Biden & VP Harris made my heart soar with pride & happiness! Haven't felt that since Liar Conman in Chief began embarrassing us for the last 4 years. #BidenHarris2020Landslide
— Jeanne Goodling (@JeanneGoodling) August 12, 2020
Top Election Forecaster Finally Releases 2020 Projection — and the ‘Tipping Point’ State Biden Needs to Win
Polling expert Nate Silver and his team at FiveThirtyEight have released their highly anticipated 2020 election forecast that shows former Vice President Joe Biden favored over President Donald Trump— but not overwhelmingly so.
In total, the forecast shows that Biden currently has a 71 percent chance of winning the election, whereas Trump’s chances are at 29 percent.
While this may sound good for Biden, it’s also roughly where former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton stood on election day in 2016, meaning yet another upset is well within the range of possibility.
“While it’s clear that Biden is comfortably ahead of Trump right now — nationally and in most battleground states — the forecast shows Trump with a meaningful chance of winning because there’s still plenty of time for the race to tighten,” the forecast states.
The forecast at the moment also projects Wisconsin as the “tipping point” state where, if Biden manages to win it, he will very likely win the presidency. Other states in the tipping point range include Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania.
Viral #ProgressivesForBiden Video Gets More Than One Million Views Hours After Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris
In the hours after Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his vice presidential running mate the folks at Really American PAC released a video that’s gone viral – more than one million views on Twitter in just 15 hours.
“As progressives we have got to think strategically,” the video, reliving some of Bernie Sanders’ comments on the 2020 race, shows the Vermont Senator and progressive icon saying. “We have to do everything we can to get Biden elected.”
“I think we can push the most progressive agenda since Franklin Delano Roosevelt,” Sanders adds.
“This election will be won by whoever’s base turns out in greater numbers,” Justin Horwitz, Founder and Executive Director of Really American says on the PAC’s website. “At this point, it’s not about convincing Trump supporters to vote for Biden and Harris. We need to convince our progressive base that rallied behind Bernie Sanders to vote for the Biden/Harris ticket.”
— Really American 🇺🇸 (@ReallyAmerican1) August 11, 2020
- WTH?2 days ago
Donald Trump Jr. Says Dad’s ‘Next Move’ Is to ‘Break Up’ FBI: ‘He Has to Get Rid of These Things’
- 'RUDY G RUDY G'3 days ago
U.S. Officials Think Russia is Using Trump Lawyer Giuliani to Spread Lies About Hunter Biden
- GOOD LUCK WITH THAT24 hours ago
In ‘Rant’ Trump Tells Campaign Staffers ‘We’re Going to Win’ Then Promises to Do 5 Rallies a Day Until the Election
- MALPRACTICE1 day ago
Trump’s Top COVID Advisor Blocks Testing, Attacks Masks, But Says Americans Who Have Had a Cold Are Protected
- LOCK HIM UP?1 day ago
Bolton: ‘Trump Will Not Leave Graciously if He Loses’
- PRESIDENT DESPERATE23 hours ago
In Expletive-Filled Rant Trump ‘Irritably’ Orders Campaign Staff to ‘Ignore the B’ and ‘Work Your A’s Off’: Report
- FRAUD23 hours ago
Fox News Refused to Publish Giuliani’s ‘Sketchy’ Hunter Biden Emails Story
- SAD!20 hours ago
Trump Campaign Launches Lengthy and Inaccurate Objection to Debate Topics: ‘Only a Few Touch on Foreign Policy’