Connect with us

LOL

Trump Attacks Baltimore as House GOP Schedules Annual Private Retreat There – With President Expected to Speak

Published

on

President Donald Trump is expected to speak in September at the House Republicans’ annual private retreat in the city the president just called “the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States”: Baltimore, Maryland.

“No human being would want to live there,” Trump tweeted over the weekend in an unprecedented, racist attack against a venerated Democratic Congressman, Elijah Cummings. He also called the “Charm City” a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess,” and a “very dangerous & filthy place.”

Trump, as is tradition, is expected to address the GOP lawmakers during their annual retreat – meaning he would have to travel to the town he labeled a “corrupt mess” on Saturday.

The Washington Post, which first reported the GOP’s latest plans, say it “could present an uncomfortable situation for Trump.”

RELATED STORIES:

#RacistInChief: Trump Expands Racist Attacks in to a Racist War With Vile Unprovoked Attack on Al Sharpton

‘It’s Not Even Veiled Racism’: Trump Blistered for Bigoted Attack on Elijah Cummings

MSNBC’s Joy Reid Gleefully Dredges Up Trump’s Actual Mar-a-Lago ‘Infestation’ Problem in Brutal Smack-Down

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

LOL

Flynn’s Lawyers File Motion Demanding Federal Judge Grant DOJ’s Request to Drop Case Against Him

Published

on

Attorneys for Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI twice, have decided they are not pleased the judge in the case is pursuing possible contempt of court charges and hasn’t blindly granted the Dept. of Justice’s motion to drop all charges against him. On Tuesday Flynn’s lawyers filed a 36-page motion in federal appeals court demanding the judge in his case let him off scot-free.

Joshua Geltzer, the Executive Director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection and a Georgetown Law professor called the move “Bonkers.”

Last week Judge Emmet Sullivan surprised all parties by tapping a retired judge to criminal contempt charges for perjury were warranted. Flynn swore in court he lied to the FBI, then retracted that plea.

The retired judge, John Gleeson, was also appointed to “present arguments in opposition to the government’s Motion to Dismiss.”

By law the judge is required to rule based on what is best for the people, not Flynn.

Judge Gleeson had penned an op-ed titled, “The Flynn case isn’t over until the judge says it’s over.” In it, he argued the DOJ’s “record reeks of improper political influence.”

“The department now says it cannot prove its case,” Gleeson adds. “But Flynn had already admitted his guilt to lying to the FBI, and the court had accepted his plea.”

In it he also suggested the Dept. of Justice is a party to corruption and political influence.

Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirscher, now an NBC News and MSNBC legal analyst, called the move a “stunt,” and “desperate and frivolous.”

This is a breaking news and developing story. Details may change. This story will be updated, and NCRM will likely publish follow-up stories on this news. Stay tuned and refresh for updates.

Continue Reading

LOL

Trump Unveils New Oddly Familiar Space Force Logo – and Star Trek’s George Takei Jokes He’s ‘Expecting Some Royalties’

Published

on

President Donald Trump unveiled his new Space Force logo Friday afternoon, and many immediately noticed a strong similarity to the Star Trek logo. Even the original “Star Trek” series’ actor George Takei had a lot of fun at Trump’s expense – including demanding some royalties.

Many others had a good time as well:

Conservative national security commentator and analyst John Noonan weighed in enough to ruin some of the fun:

 

Continue Reading

LOL

‘The President Is Not Very Smart’: George Conway Tells CNN How Trump Played Right Into Adam Schiff’s Hands

Published

on

President Donald Trump on Wednesday bragged about withholding key documents from impeachment investigators — and conservative attorney George Conway said that statement would blow up in his face.

During a talk with reporters at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Trump boasted that Democrats “don’t have all the material” that they need to make their case of the president’s guilt and also asserted that “we have all the material.”

While appearing on CNN, Conway predicted that Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) would use this statement as further evidence that the president has violated his oath of office by obstruction Congress, as the reason that impeachment investigators don’t have “all the material” is because the White House has refused to hand it over.

“The president is actually not a very smart man,” said Conway, who is the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. “What he did here, he’s undercutting the arguments that he needs to make to keep the material from coming out. He’s not able to think one step beyond what’s coming out of his mouth — he’s just not that smart. That’s what he did here, he’s undercutting his own defense!”

Watch the video below.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.