What a difference a May makes.
On May 1, Attorney General Bill Barr told Congress he had “accepted” Special Counsel Mueller’s “legal framework…in reaching our conclusion” on the Russia investigation.
Fast forward to May 31.
Attorney General Bill Barr, who has at least six time prior already misled the American public, did so again Friday morning in an interview with CBS News.
“We didn’t agree with the legal analysis – a lot of the legal analysis in the report,” Barr told CBS News chief legal correspondent Jan Crawford (full transcript). “It did not reflect the views of the Department, it was the views of a particular lawyer or lawyers. So we applied what we thought was the right law.”
That “particular lawyer” is the Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, who Barr threw under the bus repeatedly in his interview, which had been taped Thursday, one day after Mueller delivered his 9-minute remarks that entirely changed the trajectory of the Republican Party’s gaslighting, headed by the Attorney General.
Former Dept. of Defense Special Counsel Ryan Goodman pointed out the discrepancies in Barr’s remarks:
To see the full contradiction between:
1. What Barr told @CBSNews: “We didn’t agree with…a lot of the legal analysis in the Report…So we applied what we thought was the right law.”
2. What Barr told Congress in written testimony on May 1, 2019.
Here’s the testimony👇 pic.twitter.com/tKS5hX1bQX
— Ryan Goodman (@rgoodlaw) May 31, 2019
Here’s Barr’s interview from CBS This Morning:
Barr vs. Barr
May 1 to Congress: “We accepted the Special Counsel’s legal framework for purposes of our analysis…in reaching our conclusion”
May 31 to CBS: “We didn’t agree with …a lot of the legal analysis in the Report…So we applied what we thought was the right law.” pic.twitter.com/l6xFvNT7m6
— Ryan Goodman (@rgoodlaw) May 31, 2019
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
‘See What Happens’: White House Refuses to Guarantee Trump Will Accept Election Results – Then Offers Reason He Won’t
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany refused to guarantee President Donald Trump will accept the election results, instead saying he would “see what happens,” and then “make a determination” what to do.
“The president has always said he’ll see what happens, and make a determination in the aftermath,” McEnany told a reporter Wednesday afternoon.
Claiming he “wants a free election, a fair election,” McEnany said Trump wants “confidence in the results of the election.” Trump has been doing exactly the opposite: working to ensure the election is not free or fair, ad that the results will be questioned – especially if he loses.
But then McEnany tried to sow doubt on trusting the election results.
“You have states like Nevada doing mass mail out-voting, to their voting rolls, and when they tried this in the primary it was a massive failure, ballots were piled up in trash cans, ballots were pinned to apartment dart boards. And with that being the system the president wants to take a hard look at this and make sure that these are fair election results and not subject to fraud.”
NCRM could find no reports of ballots being “pinned to apartment dart boards.” Fox News had one story about Nevada’s Republican former Attorney General claiming ballots were found in trash cans.
Two weeks ago the Trump campaign sued Nevada over its decision to try to expand mail-in voting.
REPORTER: Is the president saying if he doesn’t win this election, that he will not accept the results unless he wins?
MCENANY: The president has always said he’ll see what happens and make a determination in the aftermath. pic.twitter.com/gkqa6OXFeH
— JM Rieger (@RiegerReport) August 19, 2020
‘Spawned,’ ‘Seeded,’ and ‘Spread’: Trump Official Spins Out-of-Control Anti-China Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory
Trump White House Trade advisor Peter Navarro used the long Independence Day weekend to spin a fantastical conspiracy theory that directly blames China for creating the deadly coronavirus, then sending “hundreds of thousands” of its people to the U.S. to infect and ultimately kill Americans.
“It is the Chinese Communist Party that is making us stay locked in our homes and lose our jobs,” Navarro, the author of the 2011 book, Death by China, told MSNBC’s Ali Velshi Friday afternoon.
“They spawned the virus. They hid the virus. They sent hundreds of thousands of Chinese nationals over here to seed and spread the virus before we knew,” he continued, refusing to respond to Velshi’s questions.
“So, ah, the dateline is November. They spawned the virus, probably came out of the biological lab. For two months, they hid the virus from the world and the possibility of a pandemic, behind the shield of the World ‘Health’ Organization. While they did that, they vacuumed up the world’s protective equipment, including two billion masks, and,” said Navarro, plowing through Velshi who repeatedly asked if China did this deliberately.
“Here’s the point. While they were preventing any domestic travels from Wuhan to Beijing or Shanghai, locking down their transportation network, they freely sent hundreds of thousands of Chinese nationals on aircraft to go around the world.”
“They deliberately allowed Chinese nationals to come to the United States, Italy, and everywhere in between, who were infected, while they were locking down their own transportation network.”
“Let’s be careful and clear with the words,” Navarro said, very carefully and deliberately gaslighting viewers. “What they did, during this period of time when they knew there was a pandemic, they didn’t allow their people to travel inside of China, they allowed people inside of china who were likely infected to go around the world.”
Navarro: They spawned the virus, they hid the virus, they send hundreds of thousands of Chinese nationals over here to seed and spread the virus pic.twitter.com/nda7cWghoj
— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn) July 3, 2020
White House Issues Letter From Trump’s Doctor on His Taking Hydroxychloroquine That Doesn’t Actually Say He’s Taking It
Once again the Trump White House is releasing very creatively-crafted information surrounding the President’s health. On Monday, after President Donald Trump claimed he is taking the anti-malaria drug he touted for weeks as a cure for coronavirus, hydroxychloroquine, the White House has released a letter that appears to try to suggest the President wasn’t lying, and that he is taking the dangerous drug.
But the letter, from Physician to the President Sean P. Conley, does not actually say Trump is taking the drug.
“As has been previously reported, two weeks ago one of the President’s support staff tested positive for COVID-19. The President is in very good health and remains symptom free. He receives regular COVID-19 testing, all negative to date,” the letter begins.
“After numerous discussions he and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.”
“In consultation with our inter-agency partners and subject matter experts around the country, I continue to monitor the myriad studies investigating potential COVID-19 therapies, and I anticipate employing the same shared medical decision making based on the evidence at hand in the future.”
Nowhere does it actually say President Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine:
- DONALD TRUMP IS A FASCIST2 days ago
McConnell Responds to Trump Threat of Violence and Refusal to Commit to Peaceful Transition by Issuing a Tweet
- SCATHING2 days ago
Massive Movement of Former Top Military, State Dept, and National Security Officials – Many Republicans – Endorses Biden
- VLAD ON LINE ONE?3 days ago
‘I Have to Leave for an Emergency Phone Call’: Trump Splits From His Own Press Conference for a ‘Big Call’
- THIS IS FASCISM3 days ago
‘Trump Is Advocating Civil War’: Reporter Stunned When President Refuses to Commit to Peaceful Transfer of Power
- UNPROFESSIONAL2 days ago
‘Deranged’: McEnany Slams Dems and Attacks Reporter Who Asked if Trump Would Commit to Peaceful Transition of Power
- DONALD TRUMP IS A FASCIST2 days ago
Watch: Crowd Erupts Into Boos and Chants of ‘Vote Him Out!’ as Trump Visits RBG Casket at Supreme Court
- DONALD TRUMP IS A FASCIST3 days ago
US Organization Promoting Freedom in Other Countries Issues Warning to America
- STEALING THE ELECTION?1 day ago
‘What Happened to the People?’: Lindsey Graham Slammed for Declaring Supreme Court ‘Will Decide’ Who Wins the Election