This article has been updated based on court documents.
President Donald Trump’s former personal attorney and former Trump Organization executive vice president Michael Cohen minutes ago pleaded guilty to lying to Congress in federal court.
In his statement, Cohen told the court that as recently as June of 2016, Trump was still negotiating to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
Official Justice Dept. court documents state the negotiations continued “as late as approximately June 2016.”
MSNBC had earlier reported Cohen had stated the negotiations continued into January of 2017.
Axios, citing a CNN report, says the negotiations continued as late as August of 2017:
Per CNN, Cohen told congressional investigators that he had stopped working on a deal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in January 2016. He has admitted that he had discussions about the deal as late as August 2017. https://t.co/impNMOLPry
— Axios (@axios) November 29, 2018
Here is NBC News’ report:
BREAKING: Michael Cohen names the president in court involving Moscow project, and discussions that he alleges continued into 2017. @Tom_Winter explains after attending the court hearing this morning. https://t.co/6VteqRXgoD pic.twitter.com/iw9Mld32KV
— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 29, 2018
Trump during the campaign and after repeatedly told voters he had no business ties to Russia. Cohen’s sworn statements prove that to be false.
“Cohen made a surprise appearance Thursday in a New York courtroom at around 9 a.m.,” The Associated Press reports. “He admitted to making false statements in 2017 to the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence about a plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.”
Michael Cohen leaves federal courthouse without saying anything to reporters, but his attorney says he “has cooperated and will continue to cooperate.” pic.twitter.com/X481zLNJn5
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) November 29, 2018
UPDATE: 10:21 AM ET –
The August 2017 date Axios and CNN are apparently reporting appears to be in question. But NBC News’ January 2017 date has not been called in to question.
UPDATE: 10:35 AM ET –
NCRM has examined the official Justice Dept. documents and determines Cohen admitted the negotiations continued as late as June of 2016, not into 2017, as MSNBC, CNN, and Axios reported. This report has been updated as a result.
This is a breaking news and developing story. Details may change. This story will be updated, and NCRM will likely publish follow-up stories on this news. Stay tuned and refresh for updates.
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
All Those Extra Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Found in Vials? Trump’s Veterans Dept. Is Throwing Them Out.
President Donald Trump’s Dept. of Veterans Affairs is throwing away extra coronavirus vaccine found in vials from Pfizer that are designed to provide five inoculations.
Just one day after the doctors and nurses started inoculating Americans with the desperately-awaited coronavirus vaccine, reports started coming in that many vials, which hold five injections, had enough extra for one or two more. Two more injections from a five-injection vial is literally an extra 40%, which means up to an extra 40% of Americans could be protected from the deadly disease earlier than first expected.
With inventory of the vaccine low, and delays expected after President Donald Trump passed on purchasing millions of more doses from Pfizer, the extra vaccine is literally a lifesaver.
Except to President Donald Trump’s Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
An internal memo obtained by Radio.com (formerly CBS Radio) reveals the VA “is planning to discard additional doses of the coronavirus vaccine from Pfizer vials that arrived overfilled, despite Food and Drug Administration guidance to use all doses during the public health emergency.”
Officials at Veterans Affairs say they “argued using the extra doses could jeopardize future allocations of the vaccine.”
“VA officials don’t want medical staff to administer more than the five doses per vial, and any additional doses should be ‘discarded,’ according to a memo obtained by Connecting Vets, which was sent to Veterans Health Administration pharmacy chiefs and others at the department Thursday morning.”
But the Food and Drug Administration, which regulates vaccines, has publicly directed medical professionals to use all the vaccine available.
“CDC is requiring strict inventory monitoring of this product,” the VA memo reads. “Drawing extra doses will make the data questionable.”
“Sending what appears to be inaccurate data to CDC may jeopardize VA’s ability to get additional allocations of product in the future,” the memo, from Jennifer L. Zacher, adds.
Nearly 4000 Americans died from COVID-19 just yesterday. Over 310,000 Americans have already been killed by the coronavirus.
Trump’s COVID Advisor Urges Americans to Visit Elderly for Thanksgiving Because It May Be Their ‘Final’ One
President Donald Trump’s highly controversial COVID-19 advisor,Dr. Scott Atlas, is urging Americans to visit their elderly family members for Thanksgiving because it may be their final one. Atlas warns against isolation despite the coronavirus pandemic’s near-exponential explosion.
“This kind of isolation is one of the unspoken tragedies of the elderly who are now being told don’t see your family at Thanksgiving,” Atlas, a radiologist, not an epidemiologist, told Fox News Monday evening, as Media Matters reported.
“For many people this is their final Thanksgiving, believe it or not. What are we doing here? I think we have to have a policy, which I have been advocating, which is a whole person, whole health policy. It’s not about just stopping cases of COVID. We have to talk about the damage of the policy itself.”
Atlas, who has embraced dangerous “herd immunity,” also talked about a rise in thoughts of suicide among young adults frustrated with pandemic restrictions.
But Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, is warning Americans to stay away from family members and others who are elderly or at increased risk over the holidays.
“If you have someone in the family, an elderly person or person with an underlying condition who, whatever that underlying condition may be—diabetes, obesity, hypertension, someone on chemotherapy for one reason or other, cancer, auto-immune disease—you really need to make a decision,” Fauci said last week on MSNBC.
Dr. Atlas is currently under fire for telling Michigan residents to “rise up” against Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s new coronavirus restrictions. Whitmer has been the target of domestic terror plots including plans to kidnap and try her for “treason.”
‘Mail Has Been Sitting for Over Week!’: Disturbing Video From Inside Florida Post Office – Mail-In Ballots ‘Piled Up’
A top Florida congressman just tweeted out video from inside a Miami post office that shows what appears to be an out of control sorting facility with mail in bins and boxes in no discernible order. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy for months worked to slow down the processing and delivery of mail, and this video seems to show he was successful.
“Mail has been sitting for over week!” Florida House of Representatives Democratic Leader Kionne McGhee says, noting “mail in ballots are within these piled up in bins on the floor.”
“Speaking with a resident within the area and being told some in the area haven’t received their mail from the below mentioned post office in five days.”
Take a look:
Raw footage of mailroom in post office here in Miami Dade. Source revealed “mail in ballots are within these piled up in bins on the floor. Mail has been sitting for over week!.” @AmandiOnAir @PeterSchorschFL @MarcACaputo @GlennaWPLG @CNNPolitics @NewsbySmiley @realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/DO8jx1VUnz
— Dem House Leader (@kionnemcghee) October 30, 2020
Some responses via Twitter:
What. And I can’t emphasize this enough. The. Fuck. https://t.co/9il3AnluFH
— The Hoarse Whisperer (@TheRealHoarse) October 30, 2020
How do you feel knowing you took all steps necessary to mail your ballot well ahead of deadline only to find out it is intentionally sitting around unsorted, undelivered and that Republicans are in courts to make sure it doesn't count if late, even though you followed the rules? https://t.co/Q0WVtuuYfK
— Jennifer Hayden (@Scout_Finch) October 30, 2020
This video should have 1 million retweets.
It won't…and that sucks…
Because if this is happening at other post offices across the country this could be directly responsible for Trump winning. https://t.co/3v1TOnx3Cp
— Don Winslow (@donwinslow) October 30, 2020
Don't accept this.
This was Trump and DeJoy's plan all along. https://t.co/3v1TOnx3Cp
— Don Winslow (@donwinslow) October 30, 2020
If things come down to Florida, look for @JennaEllisEsq and Co. to no doubt argue these votes should be excluded if they fail to arrive in time after USPS left them sitting for days. https://t.co/Nid6RtIF09
— Bradley P. Moss (@BradMossEsq) October 30, 2020
What is being done about this??? https://t.co/dLiKgCQKBx
— Jodi Jacobson 🩸🦷 #BlackLivesMatter (@jljacobson) October 30, 2020
All according to the GOP plan. https://t.co/7GAnWQRKpR
— Markos Moulitsas (@markos) October 30, 2020
This is un-American.
And why we must vote in person or use a drop off box whenever possible.
This cannot stand. VOTE.
And then we must prosecute all responsible for USPS sabotage… https://t.co/jpu3SWxw4S
— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) October 30, 2020
WHAT THE FUCK🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
Everyone in media needs to get on this. These ballots better be counted!!! https://t.co/C4vXyN3z6G
— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) October 30, 2020
- RIGHT WING EXTREMISM2 days ago
Bombshell NYT Report Reveals Bill Barr’s Special Counsel Opened ‘Secret’ Financial Crimes Probe Into Trump But Never Prosecuted
- MELTDOWN2 days ago
Republicans Claiming ‘Censorship’ Threaten to Haul AT&T and DirecTV Into Congress for Dropping Far-Right Newsmax
- 'GASLIGHTING'23 hours ago
‘Deliberately Deceived the Nation’: Legal Experts Stunned by ‘Jaw-Dropping’ Report on How Barr and Durham Protected Trump
- RIGHT WING EXTREMISM3 days ago
‘X-Rated’: Christian Nationalist Mastriano Promises Bill to Ban Public Drag Shows After High School’s ‘Queer Prom’
- News1 day ago
Questions Raised About Another Freshman Republican’s Finances After He Refuses to Comply With Federal Law
- BREAKING NEWS2 days ago
Watch: Santos Responds to Report He Joked About Hitler, ‘The Jews’ and Black People
- RIGHT WING EXTREMISM2 days ago
‘Moral Turpitude’: Trump Coup Memo Author John Eastman Now Facing 11 Counts of Alleged Ethics Violations – and Disbarment
- 'THIS ISN'T GOING TO END WELL'2 days ago
‘Big No-No’: Santos May or May Not Have a Campaign Treasurer Prompting Questions About Whose Signature That Is