Connect with us

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

‘Jews for Jesus’: Internet Explodes Over Pence Hosting ‘Christian Rabbi’ to Pray for Synagogue Victims

Published

on

On Tuesday, at a campaign event in Michigan, Vice President Mike Pence brought out Rabbi Loren Jacobs to lead the room in prayer for the victims of the Tree of Life synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh.

The problem: Jacobs’ synagogue, Shema Yisrael, is a “Messianic” institution, and Jacobs belongs to a sect of Judaism that effectively proselytizes Christianity. This was evident in the prayer Jacobs used:

In choosing Jacobs, Pence managed to seriously offend many people. Soon, Twitter was full of angry reactions.

Pence has gotten into trouble with his depictions of the Jewish faith before. In January, during a tour of Israel on Holocaust Remembrance Day, his tweet about how the 6 million Jewish victims of the Holocaust “rose up from the ashes to resurrect themselves to reclaim a Jewish future” was roundly criticized for its overtly Christian imagery.

Image by Gage Skidmore via Flickr and a CC license

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

Bonkers Fox News Segment Blames Mass Shootings on God-Hating Liberals Who Teach Kids About Evolution

Published

on

Fox News calls anti-gay hate group head a “former police officer.”

Tony Perkins, head of the conservative Family Research Council, on Sunday said that liberals were to blame for mass shootings because they have allegedly taken God out of the public square.

Perkins appeared on Fox & Friends where he was identified as a “former police officer.”

According to Perkins, the shooting near Odessa, Texas that left seven dead was “just tragic.”

“At some point, we have to realize that we as a nation have a problem,” he continued. “And the problem is not the absence of laws, it’s an absence of morality.”

According to Perkins, the “absence of morality” had been caused by a “decades-long march through the institutions of America, driving religion and God from the public square.”

Perkins said he was “willing” to talk to liberals about ending the epidemic of mass shootings.

“I agree, praying alone is not enough,” Perkins opined. “It’s time to act. It’s not just about having a conversation about restricting those who should not have guns, criminals. But it’s also a discussion of a absence of a moral core in our culture today.”

Perkins said that teaching children about evolution is one cause of mass shootings.

“We’ve taught our kids they come about through chance through primordial slime and then we’re surprised they treat their fellow Americans like dirt!” he exclaimed. “It’s time we talk about the result of the left’s systematic march through our institutions, driving religious expression from the public square.”

Perkins complained that children are not being taught that they are “created in the image of God.”

“We’ve driving religion from our public life and we’re shocked that we no longer have morality and we no longer value human life,” he remarked.

Watch the video below from Fox News.

 

Continue Reading

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

Unrepentant, YouTube Reverses Course, Apologizes to Far-Right Channels and Unbans Them

Published

on

YouTube has shown itself to be particularly susceptible to pressure campaigns organized by the far-right

YouTube has undone actions taken against two far-right YouTube accounts and one white nationalist YouTube account after banning those accounts earlier this week.

Right Wing Watch reported on Monday that YouTube had removed at least four YouTube channels that produced white nationalist and racist content from its platform, including channels used by The Right Stuff, American Identity Movement (formerly Identity Evropa), VDARE, and James Allsup. On Tuesday night, VDARE tweeted that its YouTube channel had been reinstated.

Right Wing Watch asked YouTube for comment via email on its reinstatement of VDARE TV on Wednesday, but did not receive a response.

Yesterday, Boing Boing noted that YouTube reinstated two other far-right YouTube channels, “The Iconoclast” and a channel used by far-right activist Martin Sellner, and that YouTube told reporters it made the “wrong call” when it decided to remove those channels but failed to elaborate further. BuzzFeed reports:

YouTube’s reactivation of Sellner’s channel comes two months after the video platform joined with Facebook, Microsoft, and Twitter to make a commitment they called the “Christchurch Call to Action”. YouTube and the other tech companies said they were committed to “fight the hatred and extremism that lead to terrorist violence.”

The Iconoclast has more than 200,000 subscribers on YouTube. In an interview with Defend Europa last year, the YouTuber spoke extensively about the white nationalist conspiracy theory of “ethnic replacement.” He describes himself as a “British nationalist” who is “anti-mass migration.”

The decision comes a few days after YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki posted her quarterly letter to YouTube creators, which talked about how the company sometimes would leave up “controversial or even offensive” videos.

After Buzzfeed published its story, YouTube spokesperson Farshad Shadloo released a statement, claiming that although “many may find the viewpoints expressed in these channels deeply offensive,“ that YouTube had “determined the videos on their channels do not violate our Community Guidelines and so the channels were reinstated.”

Yesterday, Motherboard reported that YouTube had briefly reinstated and then re-banned the Infowars show “War Room” from its platform. Infowars was banned across nearly all tech platforms last year after we documented the numerous blatant violations of community guidelines committed regularly by Infowars personalities on social media platforms.

YouTube has shown itself to be particularly susceptible to pressure campaigns organized by the far-right. Last year, the site apologized and retracted strikes against far-right “philosopher” Stefan Molyneux’s YouTube account after he urged his fans to contact YouTube on his behalf.

 

This article was originally published at Right Wing Watch and is republished here by permission.

Continue Reading

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

Trump Has Become So Extreme He Now Thinks Fox News Is the Same as MSNBC and CNN – So He’s ‘Looking for a New News Outlet’

Published

on

President Donald Trump has moved so far to the right he’s become an extremist. The former Democrat who became a Republican politician to run for president is now moving away from Fox News and has started supporting a far right wing media outlet that’s been called a “conspiracy theorist news network.”

Trump unleashed a rancid rant Wednesday morning, attacking his once beloved Fox News by lumping the right-wing cable network into the same batch as the (formerly) liberal MSNBC and (formerly) moderate CNN.

The president went berserk, slamming the number-one ranked cable news network and complaining it had aired an interview with DNC Communications Director Xochitl Hinojosa (whose name Trump did not use.) The interview wasn’t even about Trump, it was about the upcoming Democratic presidential debate, as Vox’s Aaron Rupar showed in these tweets that include video from the interview:

Of course, Trump knows his base is shrinking and the only ones certain to vote for him are the far right wing extremists. Earlier Wednesday his tweets were based not on his watching Fox News, which he does religiously every morning during his growing “executive time,” but were based on his watching of a small, far right news station, OANN, One America News Network.

In fact, Trump has been praising OANN, which is even more to the right of Fox News, for months:

The very pro-Trump OANN, according to Vanity Fair, “often promotes conspiracy theories.” The UK’s Independent calls OANN a “conspiracy theorist news network.”

Trump has been attacking Fox News more frequently. Several times recently, he has blasted the network that literally helped put him in the White House when polls it released weren’t to Trump’s liking.

It’s clear Trump wants a state TV network to do his bidding and support him unreservedly. It was a good run for Fox News. But Trump has a new favorite now, which reveals just how extreme he has become.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 AlterNet Media.