Connect with us

HUH?

Watch: Trump Bizarrely Responds to Question About Jussie Smollett With a Logic-Free Rant About His Border Wall

Published

on

President Donald Trump on Thursday responded to a question about the brutal assault on actor Jussie Smollett with a disconnected and illogical rant about his proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

When a reporter asked Trump about the attack on Smollett, which police in Chicago are investigating as a hate crime, the president said he had seen reports about the incident and called them “horrible” before launching into a rant about undocumented immigration.

“What I think is the worst sin of all is the fact that we’re allowing people to come into this country and sell drugs and human traffic and do all of these horrible things, that if we had the simplicity of a well constructed, beautiful barrier or wall, they wouldn’t be able to come into our country,” Trump said. “That to me is the great sin. Everybody knows it works. I watched this morning, early in the morning, somebody trying to justify walls are immoral. If walls are immoral, maybe we should take down all the walls that are built right now. You will see a mess like you’ve never seen before.”

Watch the video below.

RELATED STORIES:

CHICAGO POLICE ANNOUNCE UPDATE TO RACIST AND HOMOPHOBIC HATE ATTACK ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT

JUSSIE SMOLLETT CONFIRMS TO POLICE HIS ATTACKERS YELLED PRO-MAGA SLURS AT HIM

TOP DEMOCRATS SPEAK OUT AGAINST ANTI-GAY RACIST HATE CRIME ATTACK ON ‘EMPIRE’ STAR JUSSIE SMOLLETT

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

HUH?

White House Forced to Claim Trump ‘Confides in His Wife’ as Internet Says He May Have Confused Her With Ivanka

Published

on

The White House on Monday was forced to issue a statement clarifying one of President Donald Trump’s many confusing statements made at the G7, insisting that the president “confides in his wife on many issues.”

Earlier in the day President Trump told reporters the First Lady “has gotten to know Kim Jong-un,” which left reporters scratching their heads.

“I also say that, by the way, with respect to North Korea. Kim Jong-un, who I’ve gotten to know extremely well, the First Lady has gotten to know Kim Jong-un, and I think she would agree with me, he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential,” Trump told reporters before leaving the G7.

Trump has met the North Korean dictator three times: in Singapore, Hanoi, and at the DMZ. The First Lady, by all accounts, was not present for any of those meetings.

The White House was forced to issue a clarification.

“President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim – and while the First Lady hasn’t met him, the President feels like she’s gotten to know him too,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.

Some on social media noted that while the First Lady has not met Kim Jong-un, the First Daughter has – and perhaps that’s where the confusion arose.

Some were less than convinced:


 

Continue Reading

HUH?

Tomi Lahren Mercilessly Mocked for ‘One of the Dumbest Tweets’ After Raging Over ‘Illegal Immigration Bum-Rush’

Published

on

Fox News pundit Tomi Lahren is back – and back making ridiculous accusations. On Tuesday the 26-year old anti-LGBT, racist vlogger took to Twitter to share her “Final Thoughts” on illegal immigration.

Lahren never takes a position without making it a personal attack on her perceived enemies. Every tweet, every appearance is a two-fisted fight with the goal of taking down both the left and what she sees as their policies – even if she’s 100% wrong. As long as she belittles Democrats, liberals, progressives, and occasionally Republicans, she apparently considers it a win.

Take today’s attack.

“To all you RINOs who insist this illegal immigration bum-rush isn’t about votes, BS,” says Lahren, slamming some unknown, unnamed group of Republicans.

“Democrats have clear goals: make illegal entry as easy as possible, eliminate electoral college, allow illegals to vote, win every election for the foreseeable future.”

Now, let’s be really honest here.

Yes, of course Democrats want to “win every election for the foreseeable future.” Because, who doesn’t? So it’s just a ridiculous statement on its face.

And yes, many Democrats (and some Republicans) do believe the Electoral College is no longer useful in our electoral system. Consider that George W. Bush lost the popular vote to Al Gore in 2000, yet he became president. Similarly, Donald Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, yet he became president.

It’s only happened four times in history, and two of those times in the past two decades. Something’s wrong.

But claiming Democrats want to “make illegal entry as easy as possible,” and “allow illegals to vote” are just lies. Pure and simple.

And really dumb lies, as many on social media swarmed together to let her know.

Take a look at some of the responses:

RELATED STORIES:

TOMI LAHREN SLAMS LGBT COMMUNITY FOR ATTACKING ‘MASCULINITY’ AND ‘TRADITIONAL MEN AND MARRIAGE’

TOMI LAHREN RAGE-TWEETS OVER PROSECUTORS DROPPING ALL CHARGES AGAINST JUSSIE SMOLLETT

TOMI LAHREN: ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ IS NOT SUCCESSFUL ‘IN REAL LIFE’ (VIDEO)

MULTI-MILLIONAIRE TOMI LAHREN: HOMELESSNESS IS A ‘CHOICE’

 

Continue Reading

HUH?

Trump Tweets ‘Tremendous Progress Being Made!’ on HIV – as He Works to Roll Back HIV/AIDS Programs and Policies

Published

on

One week after President Donald Trump promised to work to “eliminate the HIV epidemic in the United States within 10 years,” and “defeat AIDS in America,” in his State of the Union address last month, The New York Times ran a scathing report on the Trump administration’s efforts that are actually working against that goal, and actively harming those living with HIV/AIDS.

For Trump at the State of the Union, it was literally just a hypocritical applause line.

So it’s a bit ironic that Trump, who despises what he falsely calls “the failing New York Times,” Tuesday morning tweeted out a Times story: “HIV Is Cured In 2nd Patient, Doctors Report.”

The story begins, “Scientists have long tried to duplicate the procedure that led to the first long-term remission 12 years ago. With the so-called London patient, they seem to have succeeded.”

Trump, just as he did in his State of the Union address, offered only empty words.

“Such great news for so many. Tremendous progress being made!”

In mid February The New York Times reported: “Trump Pledged to End H.I.V. But His Policies Veer the Other Way,” offering a litany of examples detailing how the Trump administration has actually worked to reverse progress being made in the fight against HIV/AIDS.

“In November, the Trump administration proposed a rule change that would make it more difficult for Medicare beneficiaries to get the medicines that treat H.I.V. infection and prevent the virus from spreading,” the Times reported, adding, “the Trump administration proposed a new policy to cut costs for Medicare by reducing the number of drugs that must be made available to people with H.I.V.”

“Mr. Trump has repeatedly urged Congress to repeal the expansion of Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, even though Medicaid is the largest source of coverage for people with H.I.V. And he has promoted the sale of short-term health plans that skirt the Affordable Care Act, even though such plans usually exclude people with H.I.V.”

“To end the spread of the virus, federal health officials say they must reduce the stigma attached to gay men and transgender people who are at high risk so they will seek testing and treatment. But for two years the administration has tried to roll back legal protections for people in those groups.”

The executive director of the American Academy of H.I.V. Medicine said the Trump administration’s moves last year “could be catastrophic” for Medicare patients living with HIV.

Back in June of 2017, six members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) resigned, citing President Trump’s lack of interest or strategy to address the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Trump “simply does not care,” they wrote. Later that year, in December, without warning, Trump fired the remaining 16 members, “via a letter from FedEx.”

Overnight the White House website, HIV.gov, had been scrubbed of their names.

Trump has waited more than a year to reconstitute the White House AIDS Council. With new leaders the panel is slated to meet this month.

“In May 2017,” HIV Plus Magazine reminded last month, “the White House announced intended and deliberate funding cuts to HIV programs including PEPFAR (President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief), the Ryan White Program, and the Global Fund. These funds administer critical resources in the fight against HIV both domestically and internationally, and cutting them would not only immediately hurt those living with HIV, but also increase new infection rates.”

It adds that as Governor of Indiana, Mike Pence “caused the worst HIV outbreak in Indiana history in 2014 through his negligence of drug users and people living with HIV.”

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 AlterNet Media.