Menu
  • Source: ABC News
  • Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again

    Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson has broken his media silence, telling ABC he is sorry but he would shoot Michael Brown again.


    More ABC US news | ABC World News

    ABC News' George Stephanopoulos is the first to interview officer Darren Wilson since he shot and killed unarmed Michael Brown in August. Portions of the interview will air tonight on ABC News at 6:30 PM EST. In the video above, Stephanopoulos shares that Wilson says he is sorry for the loss of life, but he was doing what he was trained to do, has a clean conscience, and would do it again.

    UPDATE – Here's Wilson on video:
    'I Know I Did My Job Right' Says Darren Wilson In First Interview (Video)

    ABC "interrupted its afternoon programming on Wednesday for Stephanopoulos to talk about the interview," Yahoo News reports. "ABC will also feature the interview on 'Nightline' and its evening and morning news programs."

    In television terms, the Wilson interview was one of the biggest "gets" of the year. Wilson sat down with Stephanopoulos, the "Good Morning America" co-host, less than 24 hours after a grand jury decided not to indict the 28-year-old officer in the shooting death of Michael Brown this summer.

    ABC said it will also make the full interview available on its website, ABCNews.com

    Despite his grand jury testimony, in which he labeled Brown as a "demon" and compared him to Hulk Hogan, Wilson, according to ABC, said there would have been no difference in his response or actions if Michael Brown had been white.

     

    Image: Screenshot via ABC News


    Copyright © 2008-2016
    The New Civil Rights Movement, LLC