Connect with us

SURE BRO

‘I’ve Studied So Hard’: Internet Mocks Trump for Bragging He ‘Aced’ a Cognitive Test – ‘His Dementia Is Obvious’

Published

on

Back in November President Donald Trump was rushed to Walter Reed Medical Center. The White House never told the American people the real reason, claiming he was having a portion of his annual physical done early because he was going to be busy the following year.

Thursday night the President admitted to Fox News’ Sean Hannity that “recently” at Walter Reed he had been given a “cognitive test,” and, he claimed, “aced it.” He added his doctors were “very surprised.”

“I actually took one, when I uh, very recently when, I uh, when I was you know the radical left was saying, ‘Is he all there? Is he all there?’ I proved I was all there, because I aced it,” Trump, sounding as if he realized he should not have mentioned it, told Hannity. “I aced the test.”

The President went on to say his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, “should take the same exact test, a very standard test. I took it at Walter Reed Medical Center in front of doctors and they were very surprised. They said, ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did.’”

As many on social media noted, acing a cognitive test is not something to brag about. The test is often administered amid concerns.

The Washington Post notes that back in January of 2018, Trump took “the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, which is designed to detect mild cognitive issues, largely in older people. The 10-minute exam asks patients to identify animals in pictures, draw a clock, and perform basic word-recall exercises.”

On social media some expressed concern over the president’s health, suggesting he might have suffered a stroke last year. Others noted the American people deserve to be told more about his health. And many mocked Trump for bragging about the test.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

SURE BRO

‘Delusional’: ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli Trying to Get Out of Jail So He Can Find a Coronavirus Cure – Feds Say No

Published

on

He’s been nicknamed “Pharma Bro” but in hindsight “Hedge Fund Bro” might have been more appropriate for Martin Shkreli, the convicted felon who became “the most hated man in America” for jacking up the price of a life-saving cancer and HIV/AIDS drug from $13.50 to $750 per pill.

Shkreli, who now resides at the Federal Correctional Complex in Allenwood, Pennsylvania, wants to get out of jail, and is claiming his experience as the head of a biotech firm and a drug manufacturer makes him a great candidate to discover the cure for coronavirus. Shkreli, who holds a B.A. in business administration, is not a scientist, physician, or researcher.

“I have always said that if focused and left in a lab, Martin could help cure cancer,” his attorney, Ben Brafman, said in a statement, Patch reports. “Maybe he can help the scientific community better understand this terrible virus.”

Shkreli says, “I am one of the few executives experienced in ALL aspects of drug development,” and adds, “I do not expect to profit in any way, shape or form from coronavirus-related treatments.”

His attorney reportedly filed papers earlier this month asking for a three-month furlough for his client, but it’s not going well for the 37-year old who was convicted on securities fraud charges.

Federal prosecutors are strongly opposing his release, even if temporary.

Attorneys for the Eastern District of New York call his claim he could cure coronavirus “delusional self-aggrandizing behavior,” Patch adds.

“Shkreli’s ‘belief that he can develop a cure for COVID-19, something that has so far eluded the best medical and scientific minds in the world working around the clock, is not only a practice in wild and completely unfounded speculation, but is indicative of the same kind of delusional self-aggrandizing behavior that underlies the defendant’s conduct,'” prosecutors wrote in a memorandum.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.