Here's What You Need to Start Your Day
Good Tuesday Morning!
Here are five things you need to know for today:
- At 10 AM Education Secretary Betsy DeVos will testify before a Senate subcommittee on the 2018 budget. It sounds dry, but you can bet there will be fireworks. Watch on C-SPAN TV or C-SPAN online.
- Is Jeff Sessions the next top Trump administration official to be dragged through the mud or fired? On Monday Trump slammed his Attorney General's DOJ in his early AM Twitter tantrum, and now The New York Times reports "Mr. Trump has grown sour on Mr. Sessions." Trump just up and fired Jim Comey, but he's made clear he dislikes Sean Spicer. But then again, Steve Bannon was all but out weeks ago, now he's running the show again.
- "President Donald Trump is lashing out at Democrats for allegedly stalling his appointments and agenda, but it's his own administration that is frequently sitting on the necessary paperwork for nominees." Politico reports today on the story NCRM reported yesterday.
- "I don't think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for," London Mayor Sadiq Khan says, calling for the UK to cancel Trump's State Visit.
"When you have a special relationship it is no different from when you have got a close mate. You stand with them in times of adversity but you call them out when they are wrong. There are many things about which Donald Trump is wrong." (The Guardian)
- Finally, this is very true, despite Trump suggesting otherwise:
Things that don't exist:â€” Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) June 6, 2017
1. Trump's tax plan
2. Trump's infrastructure bill
3. Trump's plan to defeat ISIS
To comment on this article and other NCRM content, visit our Facebook page.
See a mistake? Email corrections to: [email protected]