Connect with us

Elton John Calls For Boycott Of Dolce & Gabbana, Gabbana Calls Elton John ‘Fascist’

Published

on

Stefano Gabbana is attacking Elton John after the fashion icon called same-sex families unnatural.

Last week the gay men behind Dolce & Gabbana, one of fashion’s top labels, said that gay families are not real families. “The only family is the traditional one,” the pair, once a couple themselves, said in an interview. “No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed.”

Domenico Dolce went one step further. “I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog.”

Elton John, who married last December, and with his husband is raising two sons conceived via invitro fertilization, called for a boycott of Dolce & Gabbana on Sunday.

“How dare you refer to my beautiful children as ‘synthetic,'” the 67-year old English singer-songwriter protested, via Instagram. “And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF – a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil [sic] their dream of having children. Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again.” He followed his comments, which were attached to a photo of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, with, “#BoycottDolceGabbana.”

Gabbana went on the attack, also on Instagram.

UPDATE: Celebrities Tweet Support Of Elton John’s #BoycottDolceGabbana After Anti-Gay Family Attack

Posing a collage of images, including several from Elton John’s Instagram page, and one of a comment by a Dolce & Gabbana fan attacking Elton John as “childish” and a “drama queen,” Stefano Gabbana accused boycott supporters of attacking him because his opinion is “different.” He then called them “Racist Dictators.”

#boycottdolcegabbana because is different! And you hate the different opinion!! Racist Dictators ❤️freedom to speak

A photo posted by stefanogabbana (@stefanogabbana) on Mar 15, 2015 at 9:41am PDT

One person on Twitter captured what appeared to be Stefano Gabbana’s comments on an Elton John Instagram page, calling him a “Fascist” as well.

Gabbana then posted to Instagram nine images of newspaper articles about his comments, Elton John’s comments, and even of him calling Elton John a fascist.

In another Instagram post, Gabbana wrote in Italian of Elton John’s boycott, “but then, who wants to see him dress in dolce & gabbana?”

#boycottdolcegabbana ❤️👏👏👏ma poi, chi lo vuole vedere vestito dolce & gabbana?

A photo posted by stefanogabbana (@stefanogabbana) on Mar 15, 2015 at 8:37am PDT

 

Hat tip: Perez Hilton
Image via Instagram

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

DEEP STATE HYSTERIA

Undercover Operatives Waged Sting Operation to Discredit ‘Deep State’ Officials on Trump’s Enemies List: NYT

Published

on

Undercover operatives from right wing Project Veritas worked with a former British spy trained by Betsy DeVos’ brother Erik Prince to wage a smear and sting operation to discredit “deep state” federal government officials on President Donald Trump’s enemies list while he was in office, including the National Security Advisor and FBI agents.

The New York Times broke the bombshell story, reporting that the “campaign included a planned sting operation against Mr. Trump’s national security adviser at the time, H.R. McMaster, and secret surveillance operations against F.B.I. employees, aimed at exposing anti-Trump sentiment in the bureau’s ranks.”

“The campaign,” the Times reports, “shows the obsession that some of Mr. Trump’s allies had about a shadowy ‘deep state’ trying to blunt his agenda — and the lengths that some were willing to go to try to purge the government of those believed to be disloyal to the president.”

“Central to the effort, according to interviews, was Richard Seddon, a former undercover British spy who was recruited in 2016 by the security contractor Erik Prince to train Project Veritas operatives to infiltrate trade unions, Democratic congressional campaigns and other targets. He ran field operations for Project Veritas until mid-2018.”

Last year, The New York Times reported that Mr. Seddon ran an expansive effort to gain access to the unions and campaigns and led a hiring effort that nearly tripled the number of the group’s operatives, according to interviews and deposition testimony. He trained operatives at the Prince family ranch in Wyoming.

The Times’ extensive reporting, which runs about 2700 words, does not reveal who initiated or who bankrolled the campaign.

The Times reports the operation was run out of a house that rented for $10,000 a month, and that it is not known if President Trump or his closest advisors, including family members, were aware of the operation or had anything to do with it.

“The operation against Mr. McMaster was hatched not long after an article appeared in BuzzFeed News about a private dinner in 2017. Exactly what happened during the dinner is in dispute, but the article said that Mr. McMaster had disparaged Mr. Trump by calling him an ‘idiot’ with the intelligence of a ‘kindergartner.'”

Those allegations were never proven, although they echo what some others inside the administration, like first Trump Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, had allegedly stated.

In the end, McMaster resigned amid far right-wing attacks, but no recordings of him calling Trump an “idiot.”

Read the entire New York Times investigation here.

Image: Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead via Flickr 
Continue Reading

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

Newsmax Host Off Air After Online Outrage Over Antisemitic Remarks

Published

on

Newsmax TV host Grant Stinchfield will be off the air for the remainder of the week after massive outrage over his antisemitic remarks Wednesday night. Stinchfield claimed that American Jews’ “home country” is actually Israel, not the U.S., in a rant attacking President Joe Biden.

Eric Bolling, the former Fox News host who has seen his own share of controversy, in a tweet announced he will be covering for Stinchfield, which The Wrap reported.

“If you are Jewish and you are a Democrat and you are living in America today, how do you support an administration that turns its back on your home country?” Stinchfield had said, as Media Matters reported.

Outrage, especially from Americans who also identify as Jewish, was massive, as NCRM documented.

In March Stinchfield came under attack after claiming there was a “strong case” that President Joe Biden is “not really a Catholic.”

 

Continue Reading

CRIME

Active Duty US Marine Corps Officer Arrested for Alleged Role in January 6 Insurrection: DOJ

Published

on

The U.S. Dept. of Justice has announced the arrest of a 40-year old active duty U.S. Marine, a commissioned officer stationed at Quantico, for his alleged role in the January 6 insurrection.

Citing court documents and security camera footage, DOJ in a statement says Major Christopher Warnagiris “violently entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, after pushing through a line of police officers guarding the East Rotunda doors. Once inside, Warnagiris positioned himself in the corner of the doorway, using his body to keep the door open and pull others inside. When a U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officer tried to pull the doors shut, Warnagiris refused and continued pushing it open. Warnagiris can be seen pushing the officer in an effort to maintain his position in the open door in security camera footage and publicly available video footage captured shortly after 2:25 p.m.”

Warnagiris “is charged with federal offenses that include assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers; obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder; and obstruction of justice, among other charges. Warnagiris will make his initial court appearance today at 2:00 p.m. in the Eastern District of Virginia,” the DOJ said.

HuffPost senior justice reporter Ryan J. Reilly adds:

On Wednesday several Republican members of Congress stated: “There was no insurrection. To call it an insurrection is a bold-faced lie,” the insurrectionists were merely “peaceful protestors,” and the attack on the U.S. Capitol looked like “a normal tourist visit.”

 

Image: DOJ

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.