Michele Bachmann’s Top Ten Anti-Gay Quotes
Michele Bachmann (R-MN),Â founder of the U.S. House of Representatives’ Tea Party Caucus,Â belongs to a denomination of theÂ Lutheran Church and has been the foster parent to 23 children. Her radical, bigoted, anti-gay religious views dictate her political policies and focus.
In 2004, Michele Bachmann, then Minnesota state Senator Bachmann, attempted to get an anti-gay marriage amendment on the Minnesota ballot as a voter referendum to write discrimination directly into her state’s constitution. It failed. Most of these quotes are from Bachmann in 2004.
Here are Michele Bachmann’s top ten anti-gay statements:
- â€œItâ€™s part of Satan I think to say that this is â€œgay.â€ Itâ€™s anything but gay.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- â€œIf youâ€™re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, itâ€™s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- â€œYou have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says â€œMom! Whatâ€™s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.â€ The mother says â€œWell, thatâ€™s when a man likes other men, and they donâ€™t like girls.â€ The boyâ€™s eight. Heâ€™s thinking, â€œHmm. I donâ€™t like girls. I like boys. Maybe Iâ€™m gay.â€ And you think, â€œOh, thatâ€™s, thatâ€™s way out there. The kid isnâ€™t gonna think that.â€ Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You donâ€™t think that this is intentional, the message thatâ€™s being given to these kids? Thatâ€™s child abuse.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- â€œDonâ€™t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, on homosexuality as a mental disorder,Â speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- â€œIt isnâ€™t that some gay will get some rights. Itâ€™s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.â€ –Â Senator Michele Bachmann, on what will happen if her same-sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004,Â appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The News,â€ hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004
- â€œThis is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, on the gay community and same-sex marriage,Â appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.
- â€œThe sex curriculum will be essentially by taught by the local gay community.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, if her same-sex marriage ban amendment does not pass in 2004,Â appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.
- â€œAnd what a bizarre time weâ€™re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you canâ€™t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.
- “Our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and thatâ€™ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.
- â€œWe are wide open and vulnerable and in all likelihood an activist judge will strike down our Defense of Marriage Act, our state law against gay marriage, this year. And in all likelihood, we will have gay marriage in 2004 in Minnesota , if we donâ€™t get this amendment on the ballot for November.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.
Here’s a bonus one:
- â€œThis is not about hating homosexuals. I donâ€™t. I love homosexuals.â€ â€”Â Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program â€œProphetic Views Behind The Newsâ€, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.
In 2009, Bachmann helped raise funds forÂ You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International, aÂ Christian youth ministryÂ that holds assemblies inÂ public schoolsÂ andÂ was founded by the Bradlee Dean, the preacher who was recently forced to stop delivering his invocation in the Minnesota legislature because it so offended even the Republicans there.
Many of these quotes were said to radio host and founder of Olive Tree Ministries, Jan Markell, whose website warns,
“It says in Revelation 13 that there will some day be a one-world system; a one-world government. Some have termed this â€œthe new world orderâ€. Another term heard frequently that means the same thing is â€œglobalismâ€. Various organizations are playing into this. The leading ones include the United Nations, the European Union, and NATO, but more minor players would be world trade organizations like the â€œNorth American Free Trade Associationâ€ (NAFTA). The Antichrist will be the chief globalist and will head up this one-world system during the Tribulation. The stage is being set.”
Thanks toÂ The Bachmann Record for the quotes. Visit them for others, including non-LGBT specific quotes.
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
Extremist Group Targets Florida High School’s Yearbook Over Inclusion of LGBTQ Students Section
The publication of a Florida high school yearbook that included an LGBTQ section has drawn rebuke from a conservative group, The Orlando Sentinel reports.
Lyman High School’s 256-page yearbook includes two pages that highlight the school’s LGBTQ students and features gender identity terms such as “genderfluid” and “nonbinary.”
The Seminole County Public Schools in response to the criticism is offering to issue refunds or reprint the yearbook without the LGBTQ section that the conservative Seminole County Moms for Liberty claims is offensive.
“They shouldn’t have any sexual definitions in a yearbook,” the group’s chapter chair Jessica Tillmann told The Sentinel.
“This is a yearbook that goes to every student as young as 14.”
The school’s yearbook is stirring controversy for a second straight year after the district in 2022 considered putting stickers over photos of a student walkout protesting the so-called “don’t say gay” law, the report said.
The Sentinel’s Skyler Swisher reports that “An LGBTQ+ section in this year’s yearbook includes a picture of members of the student’s Gay-Straight Alliance, definitions of key LGBTQ+ terms, a passage on the evolution of pronouns and a profile of a student who advocates for the LGBTQ+ community.”
Danielle Pomeranz, the school yearbook’s faculty advisor, isn’t on board with the district’s decision to remove the LGBTQ content.
“They are definitions,” Pomeranz told The Sentinel.
“They are not teaching anything about sex at all. … Nobody is teaching anybody about sex acts. It is ridiculous.”
Pomeranz has since resigned from her position in the district, citing in part the Sunshine State’s political climate and an unsupportive district, the report said.
“We’ve always had the LGBTQ+ spread in there,” she said.
“Our job as journalists and members of the yearbook staff is to provide coverage of the entire school and that includes all of the communities, including the LGBTQ+ community.”
Image via Shutterstock
RIGHT WING EXTREMISM
‘No Longer the Lord’s Chicken’: ‘Christian Woman’ Says She’s ‘Grieving’ Over ‘Woke’ Chick-fil-A Hiring a Diversity Officer
A self-described “Christian woman” who is a contributor to the far-right wing students organization Turning Point USA, is being widely mocked for posting a video attacking Chick-fil-A over claims the conservative, privately-owned, faith-based fast food restaurant chain recently hired a diversity officer.
“So I’m grieving,” the video, apparently by Morgonn McMichael (below), begins. “It’s lunchtime. I’m here with Aubrey. And we really wanted some Chick-fil-A but because they decided to hire a diversity, equity and inclusion corporate position, and also bow down to the woke lord because their ESG scores, and also I found out do you know their chicken is funded by BlackRock and Vanguard? Yeah their farms, they use Tyson and this other farm, BlackRock and Vanguard funded chicken.”
If you think that’s a mouthful just wait, there’s more.
“Chick-fil-A,” Morgonn continues, “you are no longer the Lord’s chicken. You’re actually the woke chicken and I’m really upset about it as a Christian woman. All we wanted was some good fried chicken so now we’re gonna go to Cane’s, we’re going to try it out.”
READ MORE: Classified Pentagon ‘War Plans’ Document Trump Bragged About in Audio Recording Is Missing: Report
Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers is a Louisiana-based fast food restaurant with 600 locations in the U.S. and Western Asia.
“This is really difficult because there’s a Chick-fil-A is across the street. Now eating chicken fingers instead of chicken nuggets. I know, first world Christian woman problems, but no one will ever understand the love that I had for Chick-fil-A.”
“You know, we’re taking this boycott Chick-fil-A thing seriously, and it’s really difficult.”
The video was posted to Twitter by the anonymous group PatriotTakes, which has been described as a liberal political action committee. It quickly went viral, garnering over 2 million views in just eight hours. Late Friday afternoon Morgonn tweeted, “sarcasm and satire are things the left doesn’t seem to understand.”
For those who don’t know, Turning Point USA, a far-right Christian nationalist organization, was founded by the ultra-MAGA Charlie Kirk, now a member of the highly-secretive Council for National Policy.
CNP’s membership list also includes former Trump attorney, ally, and advisor Cleta Mitchell, and Ginni Thomas.
“CNP members range from the leaders of the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society, to the Southern Poverty Law Center designated anti-LGBTQ hate groups Family Research Council and Alliance Defending Freedom,” Documented reported last year.
Turning Point USA was in the news last week after Rolling Stone reported: “Charlie Kirk’s TPUSA Teamed Up With a Registered Sex Offender.”
Meanwhile, over at TPUSA, Morgonn McMichael’s bio says she is “a Gen Z social media influencer from Texas whose effort to empower and inspire America’s next generation of young conservative female leaders through patriotic online video content has amassed over 100,000 unique social media impressions every week on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and more.”
READ MORE: ‘I Don’t Want Reality’: Senate Republican Explodes Over Origin of Concept of Race – Calls to Teach ‘Jesus Loves Me’ Instead
“Morgonn has dedicated the last year promoting freedom of speech, religious liberty, personal responsibility, and limited government both online and across TPUSA campus chapters. Morgonn has also reached tens of thousands of viewers of all ages with her articles and appearances on Newsmax, Real America’s Voice, OAN, and Breitbart, offering insightful cultural commentary into the most pressing issues concerning young conservatives today.”
Apparently, Chick-fil-A’s diversity officer (more on that next) is one of “the most pressing issues concerning young conservatives today.”
Morgonn did claim Chick-fil-A “decided to hire a diversity, equity and inclusion” officer.
Well, stunningly, the company – long known for its hate-filled attacks on same-sex marriage – did, over a year ago.
A USA Today fact check found Chick-fil-A hired Erick McReynolds, its vice president of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, more than a year and a half ago. The company even has a DEI page featuring him on its corporate website.
PatriotTakes also tweeted, “TPUSA Contributor Morgonn, who is now calling for a boycott of Chick-fil-a, previously said, Cancel culture is toxic’ and ‘needs to be canceled.'”
As some social media users pointed out, Cane’s Chicken Fingers is very pro-LGBTQ.
READ MORE: Decision to Not Charge Pence in Classified Docs Probe Is ‘Prelude to DOJ Seeking Charges Against Trump’: Legal Expert
“Since its inception in the early 2000s, Raising Cane’s has been a strong supporter of the LGBT community,” San Diego Gay & Lesbian News (SDGLN) reported in November. “The chicken chain was one of the first companies to offer domestic partner benefits to its employees and has been a vocal advocate for LGBT rights. In 2015, Raising Cane’s was named one of the best places to work for LGBT Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.”
In response to Morgonn’s video, Mississippi Free Press editor Ashton Pittman posted this screenshot from a Raising Cane’s tweet:
Does she know? https://t.co/JWFCMZmdYB pic.twitter.com/sjyvvKRMPL
— Ashton Pittman 🏳️🌈 (@ashtonpittman) June 2, 2023
Over at TPUSA, Morgonn has written content including a piece titled, “Disney’s Male Employee in a Dress Sparks Outrage,” that begins, “At Disney, anyone can be a princess — even a grown man.”
Also, “Disney in Decline: Company Loses Billions Due to Woke Agenda.”
Noted actor and activist George Takei weighed in, tweeting simply, “They’ve lost their goddamned minds.”
Watch Morgonn below or at this link.
A TPUSA Contributor learned Chick-Fil-A has a diversity, equity and inclusion officer:
“Chick-Fil-A you are no longer the Lord’s chicken. You’re actually the woke chicken and I’m really upset about it as a Christian woman.…We’re taking this boycott Chick-Fil-A thing seriously.” pic.twitter.com/oFMCSeR2ie
— PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) June 2, 2023
Watch Live: President Biden to Deliver Rare Address to the Nation on Bipartisan Debt Ceiling Agreement
President Joe Biden will make a rare address to the nation Friday evening, to share with the American people the results of successful negotiations with Republicans to avert what could have been not only a national but global economic disaster had the debt ceiling crisis not been averted.
Biden is being credited for smart and savvy negotiations while keeping out of the public eye and allowing Republicans to control the narrative, while steering the agreement to one best for the American people.
Even Speaker Kevin McCarthy “conceded that he had been impressed with Biden’s negotiating team during the talks, calling them ‘very professional, very smart’ and ‘very tough at the same time,'” HuffPost reported Wednesday.
Many extremist House Republicans were hoping for a default, and over the past several weeks they made clear they did not understand what the consequences would have been.
RELATED: ‘Objectively Amazing’: Economists Cheer ‘Extraordinarily Robust’ and ‘Close to Unprecedented’ Jobs Report
Watch President Biden below at 7 PM ET, or at this link.
RELATED: ‘Republicans Got Outsmarted by a President Who Can’t Find His Pants’: GOP Congresswoman Throws Debt Ceiling Tantrum
- News2 days ago
‘Barking’: DeSantis Mocked as His Crew Races to Protect Him From Criticism After He Attacks Reporter
- News3 days ago
‘I Don’t Want Reality’: Senate Republican Explodes Over Origin of Concept of Race – Calls to Teach ‘Jesus Loves Me’ Instead
- News3 days ago
‘Absolutely Blockbuster Evidence’: Experts Stunned Over Trump ‘Espionage Act’ Bombshell That Pressures ‘DOJ to Indict’
- News2 days ago
Grassley Admits He Doesn’t Care if GOP’s Accusations Against ‘Vice President Biden’ Are True or Not – He Vows to Pursue Them
- RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM2 days ago
MAGA Christian Nationalist Plans to Mobilize GOP Voters in 17 Counties ‘Where Demonic Strongholds Have Corrupt Control’
- COMMENTARY2 days ago
Evangelical Pastor With Ties to DeSantis Denies He’s Endorsing Biblical Call for Death to Gays
- CRIME3 days ago
Feds Have Trump on Tape Admitting He Kept Classified Pentagon Document of Possible Iran Attack: Report
- News3 days ago
DeSantis Kicks Off Presidential Campaign Tour With Claim Teachers Are ‘Forcing’ Students to Pick Pronouns