Connect with us

News

State Dept. Bans US Ambassador at Center of Ukraine Extortion Plot Texts from Scheduled House Deposition

Published

on

The State Dept. Tuesday morning banned U.S. Ambassador to the European Union, hotel tycoon Gordon Sondland, from a scheduled deposition before House investigators working on a Trump impeachment inquiry – about one hour before he was slated to appear.

Ambassador Sondland, who has become a central figure in the text messages revealed this weekend that illustrate Trump’s extortion of Ukraine in a military aid for political dirt scandal.

Sondland in 2016 reportedly “covertly steered” $1 million to the Trump inaugural committee while insisting to hos own supporters and hotel patrons in the Pacific Northwest he was not a Trump supporter.

Tuesday morning Sondland’s attorney said he has no choice but to comply with the White House blocking his deposition, CNN reports.

“He is a sitting ambassador and employee of State and is required to follow their direction,” Sondland’s lawyer Robert Luskin said.

RELATED STORIES:

Rick Perry’s Role in Trump Ukraine Extortion Plot Was Greater Than Previously Known: Report

Top GOP Senator Learned of Trump Ukraine Quid Pro Quo Months Ago – But Accepted President’s Denial Without Question

‘My Nightmare Scenario’: Here Are 7 Key Revelations From the Damning Texts From the Ukraine Investigation

 

Image via Facebook

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

News

White House (Finally) Puts Out Mild Statement on Vile ‘Trump’ Slaughtering the Media Video – Gets Quickly Slapped Down

Published

on

The White House has finally put out a “statement” of sorts in response to a vile video depicting a fake “Donald Trump” violently slaughtering the media and other top Trump targets, several top Democrats including Rep. Maxine Waters, Sen. Bernie Sanders, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Republicans including  the late Sen. John McCain, and Sen. Mitt Romney, and Black Lives Matter.

The clip was played at an event for Trump supporters held at Trump’s Miami golf resort. Donald Trump Jr. and former Trump press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders reportedly were present at the event.

At 8:26 AM ET Trump press secretary Stephanie Grisham posted a short tweet, almost as an offhand memo.

Re: the video played over the weekend: The @POTUS @realDonaldTrump has not yet seen the video, he will see it shortly, but based upon everything he has heard, he strongly condemns this video.”

Trump, who repeatedly has called the press “enemy of the people,” had been tweeting up a storm overnight when the news broke, and again this morning.

Many were quick to respond to Grisham’s milquetoast remarks while some questioned the White House claim he had not seen it, asking if not, why not.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

WATCH: Trump Supporters Celebrate Video at His Miami Golf Resort Showing President Conducting Mass Shooting

Published

on

Supporters at President Donald Trump’s Trump National Doral Miami showed a video depicting the president conducting a mass shooting. Instead of people’s heads, however, it was replaced with logos of media outlets like PBS, NPR and others.

In the past, the president has advocated violence against CNN or other media, but has stopped short of advocating a mass shooting.

“Several of Mr. Trump’s top surrogates — including his son Donald Trump Jr., his former spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis — were scheduled to speak at the three-day conference, which was held by a pro-Trump group, American Priority, at Trump National Doral Miami,” The New York Times reported Sunday. “Ms. Sanders and a person close Mr. Trump’s son said on Sunday that they did not see the video at the conference.”

The video even uses the Trump campaign logo, combined with a series of internet memes. The violent clip came from the film “Kingsman: The Secret Service” in a scene where an agent was being manipulated by a chip in his brain. He ultimately ended up killing everyone in the church.

A person in attendance sent clips of the video on their cell phone and sent it to the New York Times, but the video has been uploaded to YouTube.

“Content was submitted by third parties and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference in any official capacity,” said event organizer Alex Phillips. “American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue about the preservation of free speech. This matter is under review.”

Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that she was really only in attendance for a prayer breakfast.

“That video was not produced by the campaign, and we do not condone violence,” said Trump campaign spokesperson Tim Murtaugh.

Read the full report from The Times and you can watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News

‘That’s a War Crime’: Ex-Trump Envoy Brett McGurk Is Outraged by Assassination of Hevrin Khalaf

Published

on

President Donald Trump’s former top official responsible for defeating the Islamic State was outraged on Saturday by reports that Syrian Future Party co-Chair Hevrin Khalaf had been killed.

Brett McGurk, the former special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIL blasted the killing as a war crime.

Earlier in the day, McGurk had retweeted a statement that Trump was leaving the Kurds “to be slaughtered” by Turkey.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 AlterNet Media.