Connect with us

HYPOCRISY

GOPer Who Bragged Benghazi Investigation Was Created to Derail Clinton Has Jaw-Dropping Warning to Dems on Trump

Published

on

It was Fall, 2015. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was all set to become Speaker of the House after John Boehner announced his retirement.

But his own gaffe (and challenges with the English language) got in the way, ultimately derailing his candidacy.

On September 29, 2015, Rep. McCarthy, the number two man in the House Republican caucus, bragged live on-air that the Republicans’ Benghazi investigation was a political, partisan attack designed to derail Hillary Clinton’s presidential candidacy.

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?” McCarthy told to Fox News’ Sean Hannity. “But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought.”

Exactly one month later, October 29, 2015, Congressman Paul Ryan was sworn in as Speaker of the House.

Fast forward to the summer of 2016.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy infamously said in recorded audio, referring to GOP Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, and then-candidate Donald Trump. Rohrabacher, a far right wing extremist, lost his House seat last month. Trump went on to become president.

And now, fast forward to today.

Rep. McCarthy, who will move from being the House Majority Leader to House Minority Leader in January, on Monday insisted that America has had enough of the Mueller investigation. He thinks illegal campaign donations, conspiring with a corrupt foreign power that attacked American democracy, and obstructing justice are just “too small” for America’s citizens to be concerned about.

“I think America is too great of a nation to have such a small agenda,” McCarthy warned House Democrats on Fox News Monday morning.

“I think there’s other problems out there that we really should be focused upon,” McCarthy insisted.

“Less [sic] see where we can work together,” he continued. “Less [sic] move America forward.”

“We’ve investigated this for a long period of time. Both sides have come up with nothing in the process, ” he lied. “I think we should put the American people first.”

Watch:

Far from coming “up with nothing in the process,” Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has already produced (according to details from NPR) a conviction for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Also, guilty pleas from former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates, former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen,  former Trump campaign junior foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos. Also, guilty pleas from W. Samuel Patten, Alex van der Zwann, and Richardo Pinedo.

The Mueller investigation has also produced charges against former Manafort associate Konstantin Kilimnik, 12 Russian intelligence officers, 13 Russians, and three Russian entities.

RELATED STORIES:

GOP BENGHAZI COMMITTEE SPENT 2 YEARS, $7 MILLION, FOUND NO NEW EVIDENCE OF WRONGDOING BY CLINTON

HOUSE REPUBLICANS OVERWHELMINGLY VOTE TO ELIMINATE BILLIONS IN FUNDING FOR CHILDREN’S HEALTH INSURANCE

IS TRUMP’S DC HOTEL ACTING AS A MONEY-LAUNDERER IN PAY-FOR-ENDORSEMENTS SCHEME?

 

Thanks to Vox’s Aaron Rupar for posting the video.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

HYPOCRISY

McConnell: Democrats ‘Can Whine’ but Republicans ‘Absolutely’ Will Fill Any Supreme Court Opening During Election

Published

on

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is once again putting a new spin on his highly-controversial (and some would say, un-American) decision to refuse to allow President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, to even receive a confirmation hearing, much less a vote, by the Senate.

And he’s now promising he will abandon his initial reason, claiming in 2016 it was nearing a presidential election and “the people” should effectively vote on the nominee by deciding which president they want nominating the next SCOTUS justice.

Now McConnell is promising Republicans will “absolutely” confirm any Supreme Court nominee President Donald Trump announces, despite being close to a  presidential election year, with both parties’ campaigns aggressively underway.

McConnell, as The Hill reports, on Tuesday told right wing pundit Hugh Hewitt he will go ahead and ensure Trump’s next SCOTUS nominee, if there is one, gets confirmed – despite being an election year.

The Senate Majority leader also launched a shot across the bow at Democrats, saying “they can whine about this all day long.”

RELATED STORIES:

Watch: McConnell Smirks, Gloats, and Says Now He’d Confirm a SCOTUS Nominee in a Presidential Election Year

Mitch McConnell Re-Election Campaign Launch Brags About Stealing Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee’s Seat

Mitch McConnell: ‘The American People Simply Will Not Tolerate’ Blocking a Supreme Court Nominee (Video)

 

 

Continue Reading

HYPOCRISY

Video Shows Trump In El Paso Hospital Bragging About Crowd Size and Demeaning Beto O’Rourke

Published

on

The White House refused to allow any members of the press to travel inside the hospitals President Donald Trump visited Wednesday in Dayton and El Paso, after mass shootings in those cities last weekend killed 31 people. But a just-released video taken by someone who was able to attend the president’s visit to an El Paso hospital reveals the president’s hypocrisy when he claimed he was going to provide “unity” as he chastised top Ohio Democrats for what he wrongly claimed was politicking during his Dayton visit.

Clearly, the President was not practicing what he preached.

In the video below Trump can be seen inside El Paso’s University Medical Center bragging about his crowd size when he held a rally in that city earlier this year. He can also be seen demeaning Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke, who until recently served as that city’s U.S. Congressman.

“I was here three months ago and we made a speech,” Trump told the hospital’s medical team, as Politico noted. “That place was packed.”

Related: El Paso Hospital Says None of the Hospitalized Victims Would Meet With Trump

“We had twice the number outside. And then you had this crazy Beto. Beto had 400 people in a parking lot.”

The Texas Tribune, meanwhile, reports “Donald Trump still owes $569,204 for his February rally.”

NCRM could find no proof of Trumps’ claim O’Rourke hosted “400 people in a parking lot.”

Continue Reading

HYPOCRISY

Anti-Bullying Activist Melania Trump Hosts ‘Be Best’ Meeting After President’s Rage-Tweeting Weekend

Published

on

First Lady Melania Trump kicked off the week by hosting her first Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs as part of her “Be Best” campaign which she began officially last May. The Working Group was created under President George W. Bush.

The goal of Monday’s meeting appeared to be more PR than action.

“First lady Melania Trump will add another component to her Be Best program by showcasing how multiple government agencies interact with youth and working with the groups to improve youth programs,” CNN reports.

Monday morning the First Lady, flanked by HUD Secretary Ben Carson and Matt Dummermuth, a DOJ official in charge of billions in grants to local law enforcement agencies, opened the meeting.

“Thank you for coming,” she told attendees, saying the mission of Be Best is “to enhance the lives of children everywhere.” She added that the “three pillars” of her Be Best program are, “well-being, online safety, and opioid abuse” – presumably meaning combatting and preventing opioid abuse.

The First Lady’s comments and commitment to improving online safety, and her promises to work to prevent online bullying are in direct contrast to the President’s daily outbursts, and especially what for him was a “lost weekend” of rage-tweeting. While the President does not drink his actions show an apparent addiction to venting his anger via the social media platform.

As many in the media have noted, President Trump posted 50 tweets or retweets over the weekend, attacking a re-run of Saturday Night Live, along with Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Party, CNN, the Mueller investigation, the late Sen. John McCain and his daughter, the United Auto Workers’ union, General Motors and its CEO Mary Barra, and Fox News anchors. He also urged support for Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro, who reportedly was suspended after her Islamophobic remarks, and Tucker Carlson, who has been highly criticized for refusing to apologize for remarks he made supporting statutory rape and underage sex.

As the First Lady’s meeting was underway, President Trump, who has almost nothing on his public schedule today, continued his tweets of blind rage. He again went after GM and the UAW, unleashed attacks on former Vice President Joe Biden and the “The Fake News Media,” while praising his approval rating among the GOP.

RELATED STORIES:

EXCLUSIVE: MELANIA TRUMP’S ‘BE BEST’ WEBSITE SECRETLY ALTERED AFTER ALLEGATIONS OF PLAGIARISM

‘TRUMP ENCOURAGES VIOLENCE’ IS TRENDING ON TWITTER – HERE’S WHY

KELLYANNE CONWAY’S HUSBAND WARNS OF TRUMP’S MENTAL HEALTH — AND TWEETS OUT INFO ON PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS

WHILE SHOOTING DOMINATES NEWS, PRESIDENT FOCUSES ON FOX CELEBS AND SNL

CONWAY SIDESTEPS AND PIVOTS BUT REPEATEDLY REFUSES TO SAY IF TRUMP WILL APOLOGIZE FOR HIS CYBERBULLYING AT SOTU

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 AlterNet Media.