"The government’s job is to 'quell evil'." "Entitlement programs have no 'biblical authority'."
Ralph Drollinger's own ministry declared him "not biblically qualified for spiritual leadership." And yet, he leads the Trump Cabinet's weekly Bible study group, organized by Vice President Pence and faithfully attended by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, among others.
Right Wing Watch's Peter Montgomery on Thursday reports "Drollinger’s Capitol Ministries is dedicated to teaching public officials a very conservative take on the Bible. Drollinger teaches that 'the absolutely critical preeminent duty of the Church in an institutionally separated society' is 'to convert the soul and disciple—Christianize—the leaders of the State and its citizenry.'"
Montgomery reveals some of the positions Drollinger is teaching his disciples in the Trump White House. Direct from Right Wing Watch:
- the government’s job is to “quell evil”
- governments and leaders “must send a constant message that sin will be punished”
- entitlement programs have no “biblical authority”
- liberal Christians aren’t really Christians, they’re “simpletons”
- Catholicism is “one of the primary false religions in the world”
- “Radical environmentalism” is a “false religion”
- “God only hears the prayers of leaders and citizens who are upright, who live righteously through faith in Jesus Christ”
- “God is a capitalist” and because of excessive environmental regulations in the U.S. “the economic benefits God intends from private property ownership have been greatly diminished”
- “righteous” people with government positions should not “compromise Biblical absolutes” and should hire only other “righteous” people
Secretary Rick Perry earlier this year explained the weekly meetings:
See a mistake? Email corrections to: [email protected]