Connect with us

Trump Hasn’t Said a Word About His Candidate Losing Pennsylvania – So Here’s What the White House Cooked Up

Published

on

‘Candidates That Embrace the President Going Into This Fall, We Think, Will Have Better Prospects’

President Donald Trump has not said a word about Rick Saccone losing to Conor Lamb in the PA-18 special election Tuesday night.

And the White House is refusing to answer a simple question about the huge upset in Pennsylvania, where the candidate that Trump supported and campaigned for lost to a Democratic newcomer.

President Trump flew to Pennsylvania on Saturday to endorse Rick Saccone, a far right wing Christian extremist Republican state lawmaker who was trying to win the open seat for Pennsylvania’s 18th congressional district.

And even those it was by a razor thin margin, Saccone lost to Conor Lamb, a Democrat who is a former marine and former federal prosecutor. 

“Does the President accept that Conor Lamb won in Pennsylvania-18?” a reporter asked Deputy White House Spokesperson Raj Shah on Air Force One Wednesday afternoon.

The simple answer would have been, “Of course.” But nothing the Trump White House can be that simple, everything has to be shrouded in obfuscation.

“So let me say a few things, just very briefly, about that race,” Shah told reporters, according to the press poll report. “You know, the President’s engagement in the race turned what was, you know, a deficit for the Republican candidate into what is, essentially, a tie.”

Going into the weekend Conor Lamb was up six points in the latest poll.

“Also, you know, the Democrat in the race really embraced the President’s policies and his vision, whereas he didn’t really embrace Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Leader,” Shah claimed, which is astonishingly false. 

“I’m not going to comment beyond that on the race; I’ll let the political officials do that. But those are just the White House’s observations on the election last night.”

Apparently the president believes ObamaCare shouldn’t be repealed, his tax cuts are a “giveaway” to the rich, and apparently the president is pro-choice. Also, apparently, the president doesn’t believe in taking any corporate PAC money. Because those are Lamb’s positions, and what he ran on.

Yes, Lamb supports Trump’s tariffs, and yes, he doesn’t think we need more gun control laws – remember, this is deep red Pennsylvania. 

But claiming Lamb embraced Trump’s policies is a lie.

Which brings us to Raj Shah’s next remarks.

“Look, Republicans running for office — and the President does want candidates that embrace his policies and his vision to win up and down the ballot.  Republicans running for office have a great record to run on,” Shah insisted. “So candidates that embrace the President going into this fall, we think, will have better prospects.”

Who’s going to tell him?

Image via Facebook

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

News

‘We Have Incredible Things’: Trump Surprised NYT Reporter Last Year by Boasting He Kept White House Documents

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump surprised New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman by casually mentioning that he had kept White House documents after leaving office.

The New York Times reporter revealed in her forthcoming book, “Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America,” that the former president told her Sept. 16, 2021, at his club in Bedminster, New Jersey, that he mentioned that he had held onto some government records that should have been sent to the National Archives, according to excerpts published by Axios.

“He demurred when I asked if he had taken any documents of note upon departing the White House — ‘nothing of great urgency, no,’ he said, before mentioning the letters that Kim Jong-un had sent him, which he had showed off to so many Oval Office visitors that advisers were concerned he was being careless with sensitive material,” Haberman reported.

Haberman expressed surprise that he took those letters, which he eventually returned months later after the National Archives demanded them.

READ MORE: Trump’s delay tactics pushed special master Dearie to respond with a ‘master stroke’ that helps the DOJ

“He kept talking, seeming to have registered my surprise, and said, ‘No, I think that’s in the archives, but … Most of it is in the archives, but the Kim Jong-un letters … We have incredible things,'” Haberman wrote.

The FBI searched Trump’s home last month at Mar-a-Lago, where they seized more than 11,000 documents and 1,800 other items, including about 100 classified materials — including some marked “top secret,” and the search warrant shows investigators believe he may have violated the Espionage Act and other laws.

 

Continue Reading

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

Watch: Nazis and Proud Boys Clash With Anti-Fascists Outside Texas Church Hosting Drag Queen Bingo

Published

on

Authorities from the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Harris County Sheriff’s Department responded to an anti-LGBTQ protest outside a Texas church on Saturday.

“First Christian Church Katy is hosting a drag bingo fundraiser benefiting the ministry’s Transparent Closet, a free boutique aimed at helping young people in the LGBTQ community in the largely conservative west Houston suburb,” Jay R. Jordan reported for Axios on Friday. “Protect Texas Kids, led by North Texas’ self-described “Christian fascist” Kelly Neidert, plans to protest outside the church, according to a Facebook event from the group.”

The report noted anti-fascist activists were planning a counterprotest.

“Neidert’s protests have drawn support from neo-Nazis and other anti-LGBTQ groups,” Axios reported. “Men in Nazi regalia and alleged Proud Boys wearing Buc-ee’s masks joined Neidert’s protest outside a drag brunch at Hamburger Mary’s downtown in July.”

On Saturday, Jordan posted a video clip from the scene.

“Proud Boys and Kelly Neidert’s Protect Texas Kids are in Katy, Texas, protesting a drag bingo fundraiser at First Christian Church. PB and Houston antifascists just clashed. Heavy police presence dividing the two groups now,” he reported.

He noted “Houston’s Nazis” had arrived and police formed a line between the two sides.

“The group of Nazis appear to be leaving the protest, sporting for the first time today a flag with a swastika. Proud Boys and Patriot Front have also left,” he reported.

Watch below or at this link:

 

Image: Proud Boys in Washington, D.C. (Johnny Silvercloud / Shutterstock.com)

Continue Reading

News

‘Pretty Big ‘A-Ha’ Moment’: J6 Staffer Reveals White House Switchboard Called Rioter’s Cell Phone During Insurrection

Published

on

On Friday, 60 Minutes revealed that Denver Riggleman, a key staffer for the House Select Committee on January 6, discovered the White House switchboard patched through to the phone of a Capitol rioter — while the attack was in progress.

“Riggleman, an ex-military intelligence officer and former Republican congressman from Virginia, oversaw a data-driven operation for the January 6 committee, pursuing phone records and other digital clues tied to the attack on the Capitol. He stopped working for the committee in April,” reported Keith Zubrow.

“You get a real ‘a-ha’ moment when you see that the White House switchboard had connected to a rioter’s phone while it’s happening,” said Riggleman to 60 Minutes’ Bill Whitaker. “That’s a big, pretty big ‘a-ha’ moment.”

He added that “I only know one end of that call. I don’t know the White House end, which I believe is more important. But the thing is the American people need to know that there are link connections that need to be explored more.”

This comes after a series of damning revelations about the involvement and support of former President Donald Trump in encouraging the people storming the Capitol.

One of the biggest allegations to come out of the public hearings by the select committee was the claim by former White House staffer Cassidy Hutchinson that Trump demanded the rioters be allowed onto the premises because “they’re not here to hurt me” — and that he lunged at his security detail in the car after they refused to take him to the Capitol to join the attackers.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.