Connect with us

Days After Pledging To End “Trivial Fights,” Trump Attacks Schwarzenegger Over “Apprentice” Ratings

Published

on

President Claims Show’s New Host Was Fired

During his speech to Congress on Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared that, “The time for trivial fights is behind us.”

Less than four days later, Trump took to Twitter to continue one of his most trivial fights, an ongoing public feud with Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

“Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me. Sad end to great show,” Trump wrote Saturday morning. 

Schwarzenegger quickly fired back at Trump. 

“You should think about hiring a new joke writer and a fact checker,” he wrote. 

This week, Schwarzenegger announced he’s leaving “Celebrity Apprentice” after one season as host, blaming Trump for the show’s declining ratings. 

“With Trump being involved in the show, people have a bad taste and don’t want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show,” Schwarzenegger told Empire Magazine. “It’s a very divisive period now, and I think this show got caught up in all that division.” 

Schwarzenegger added that “when people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people [started] boycotting it.” 

Trump remains an executive producer of “Celebrity Apprentice,” and the Washington Post notes that the show’s ratings had already declined significantly by 2015, the last season in which he appeared as a host. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

BYE

Trump to Say ‘The Movement We Started Is Only Just Beginning’ in Often False But Final Remarks as President

Published

on

President Donald Trump will deliver a final speech Tuesday afternoon, and is expected to tell America that “the movement we started is only just beginning.” He will release a video at 4 PM ET.

CNN’s Jim Acosta says in Trump’s remarks “he takes no responsibility for inciting that mob” that attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempted coup on January 6.

“He does not accept that he lost the election to Joe Biden,” the CNN anchor adds, “which would undercut the lie that he told for weeks and weeks.”

It does not appear Trump will mention Joe Biden’s name, he continued, saying Trump appears to be “carrying on the sore-loserism” he has had since Election Day.  “This appears to be the bare minimum one would expect from an outgoing president.”

Trump, according to multiple reports, is also expected to say, “This week, we inaugurate a new Administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous.”

He reportedly will also say:

“The greatest danger we face is a loss of confidence in ourselves – a loss of confidence in our national greatness.”

“America is not a timid nation of tame souls who need to be sheltered and protected from those with whom we disagree.”

“We restored American Strength at home—and American leadership abroad.”

“We built the greatest economy in the history of the world.”

“We revitalized our alliances and rallied the nations of the world to stand up to China like never before.”

Many of these excerpts are flat-out lies:

UPDATE –
Here’s the video:

This is a breaking news and developing story. 

Continue Reading

News

National Guard Members ‘Relieved of Duty’ Before Inauguration Over Vetting Concerns: Reports

Published

on

About a dozen members of the National Guard have been “relieved of duty” prior to Wednesday’s inauguration of Joe Biden, after vetting of the 25,000 troops deployed to Washington, D.C. began.

Different reasons for removal are being reported.

“The officials say some of this was based on routine background checks against criminal history database. Some was also based on concerns raised by fellow guard members about statements they heard. This was a matter of zero tolerance, these officials say,” , NBC News’ Pete Williams is reporting, according to NBC News colleague Geoff Bennett.

But earlier Tuesday ABC News and other outlets reported that several National Guard members had ties to extremist groups.

“Two Army National Guard members have been removed from the inauguration security mission after vetting found they had ties to far-right fringe groups,” ABC reported.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports 12 National Guard members were removed over ties to extremist groups.

“Twelve U.S. Army National Guard members have been removed from the presidential inauguration security mission after they were found to have ties with right-wing militia groups or posted extremist views online, according to two U.S. officials. There was no threat to President-elect Joe Biden, they said.”

On Monday Texas GOP Governor Greg Abbott expressed anger on news National Guard members were being vetted.

“This is the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard,” Gov. Abbott cried. “No one should ever question the loyalty or professionalism of the Texas National Guard.”

No state’s National Guard has been singled out or identified.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

LOL

Pence to Blow Off Trump’s Big Military Sendoff – and Cites ‘Logistical Challenges’ as Reason: Report

Published

on

President Donald Trump wants to have a big sendoff by supporters and allies on Wednesday morning at Andrews Air Force Base — but Vice President Mike Pence reportedly will not be attending.

According to Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey, Pence “is not expected to attend” Trump’s sendoff because it would be “logistically challenging” for him to attend Trump’s departure and President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Trump’s relationship with Pence has deteriorated after the president falsely told supporters that Pence had the power to unilaterally throw out the results of the 2020 presidential election from his position as president of the Senate.

When Pence refused to scrap the electoral college vote tallies, Trump accused him of lacking courage, and the president’s supporters began chanting, “Hang Mike Pence!” as they stormed the United States Capitol building.

Pence had long been one of Trump’s most loyal and dedicated political allies, although that apparently changed after the Secret Service had to rush him to safety to avoid betting attacked by an angry mob of Trump supporters.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.