To All Who Deny Pence’s War on Science, Women, the LGBT Community, and the Poor, and Say, ‘Prove It,’ You’re Welcome
What Journalists Want You To Know About Mike Pence:
- What Indiana Journalists Want You To Know About Mike Pence
- What Media Should Know About Trumpâ€™s Reported VP Pick, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence
- Pence becomes the most far-right running mate in modern history
- Picking Pence: Trump Veep Choice Has Cozy Relationship With The Religious Right
- Trump had a problem with women voters. Pence could make it even worse.
- Mike Pence: A Conservative Proudly Out of Sync With His Times
- Mike Pence: Sarah Palin Without The Charisma
- Mike Pence: Even More Extreme Than Donald Trump
- Get to Know Mike Pence and All of the Very Bad Legislation He’s Signed
Mike Pence’s War on Science:
- Mike Pence believes in creationism, and he wants to teach that to your kids in public schools
- Mike Pence, Cigarette Truther
- Mike Pence, Trump’s Reported VP Pick, Said “Smoking Doesn’t Kill”
- Pence: I’m Not ‘Anti-Science’…But I Don’t Believe In Global Warming, Stem Cell Research, Or Evolution
- Mike Pence used campaign funds to pay his mortgage â€” and it cost him an election
- Mike Pence Wants Creationism Taught In Public Schools
- On Climate Change, Pence and Trump Are a Perfect Match
- Gov Mike Pence is a climate change denier
- Pence: I’m Not ‘Anti-Science’…But I Don’t Believe In Global Warming, Stem Cell Research, Or Evolution
- 5 Real Things Mike Pence Has Said About Climate Change
- Trump VP Pick Mike Pence Doesn’t Believe in Modern Science
- Congressional Record | Mike Pence Delivers Entire Speech Denying Evolution | Library of Congress
- RWW News: Mike Pence Criticizes Theory Of Evolution
Mike Pence’s War on Women & Planned Parenthood:
- Indiana Bill Would Force Women To Undergo Two Transvaginal Probes To Take A PillÂ
- Pence’s war on Planned Parenthood
- Mike Pence Has Led a Crusade Against Abortion Access and LGBT Rights
- Indiana Is Trying To Pass An Abortion Bill That’s So Extreme Even Republicans Don’t Like It
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed a law this year that mandated funerals for fetuses
- Donald Trumpâ€™s VP Mike Pence vs. Womenâ€™s Periods
- Mike Pence Backed Personhood Bills To Criminalize Abortions Nationwide
- Federal Judge Blocks Extreme Indiana Law Banning Abortions Sought Over Fetal Abnormalities
- Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade
- Mike Penceâ€™s sadistic abortion law: Indiana passes draconian anti-choice bill geared towards humiliating and bankrupting women who have abortions
- 5 Reasons A Mike Pence Vice Presidency Would Be Bad For Women
- Mike Pence’s agenda? To take control of your womb
- Mike Penceâ€™s Abysmal Record on Womenâ€™s Health
- Roe vs. Wade will be overturned if Donald Trump wins, Mike Pence says
- Mike Pence Says Roe v. Wade Will Be Overturned
- Pence: Prayer and a pledge to end Roe v. Wade
Mike Pence’s War onÂ a Living Wage &Â Equal Pay For Women:
- Pence Voted Twice Against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Pence Voted Against the Paycheck Fairness Act
- Pence Voted Against Raising the Minimum Wage
Mike Pence’s War on the LGBT Community:
- True: Mike Pence advocated for ‘conversion therapy’
- Hereâ€™s What Mike Pence Said on LGBT Issues Over the Years
- The True Intent Of Indiana’s ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill, According To The People Who Helped Write It
- Pence Uses Bible To Justify His Bigotry And Not To Help Those Who Need Help Or To Comfort The Persecuted
- LGBT and Progressive Orgs Issue Statements Protesting Pence as VP Pick
- Four Kinds Of Discrimination Gov. Mike Pence Doesn’t ‘Abhor’
- Indiana Shut Down Its Rural Planned Parenthood Clinics And Got An HIV Outbreak
- Rutter: Little Indiana town paid for war on Planned Parenthood
- Here Is Mike Penceâ€™s Questionable 2000 Proposal On HIV/AIDS Funding
- Indiana Governor Mike Pence refuses to say if he’s opposed to LGBT Discrimination
- Governor Who Once Pushed Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Now Calls Marriage A ‘States’ Issue
- 6 Reasons Why Mike Pence Is Awful For Queer People
- What we know about Gov. Mike Pence’s position on gay rights over the years
- Mike Pence for Donald Trump’s vice president? It’s an extra awful choice for LGBTQ rights.
- Indiana Governor Signs Anti-Gay ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill At Private Ceremony
Mike Pence’s War on the Poor:Â
- Indiana Plans To Cut Tens Of Thousands Off Food Stamps
- Roughly 18,300 lose food stamp benefits in Indiana
- Mike Pence Brazenly Stripped Power From an Elected Dem at the Expense of Indiana KidsÂ
Mike PenceÂ Miscellaneous:Â
- Mike Pence Hints at Trumpâ€™s Muslim Ban Extending to Other Religions
- Mike Pence Ran A Controversial Ad About Arabs In An Early Campaign
- That Time Hillary Put Pence In His Place
- Clinton ad blasts Trump’s ‘extremist’ VP pick Mike Pence
Here’s the Proof of Donald Trump’s Racism, Sexism & Anti-Gay Rhetoric You’ve Been Asking for, Trolls
Here’s the Proof of Donald Trump’s Failures, Corruption, Scams And Mob Ties You’ve Been Asking for, Trolls
This repository is a work-in-progress. It will be updated and new sections will be added as new information becomes available.
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
Trump White House to Tell Americans to Wear Cloth Masks in Public to Protect Against Coronavirus Transmission
The Trump White House is expected to urge Americans to wear cloth face masks when in public to help slow the transmission of coronavirus, in a reversal of current guidelines. The CDC says there is increasing evidence asymptomatic coronavirus carriers may be spreading the virus more than first believed, The Washington Post reports.
But studies going back weeks or longer made clear people who show few or no symptoms are “shedding” more of the virus – spreading it – at a rate higher than some who are fully symptomatic.
“In light of these new data, along with evidence of widespread transmission in communities across the country, CDC recommends the community use of cloth masks as an additional public health measure people can take to prevent the spread of virus to those around them,” the guidance says, according to a copy obtained by The Washington Post.
Social distancing and the stay at home policy are still recommended as the top methods to slow the spread of the virus. The cloth masks would protect others from the virus, not the wearer.
On Wednesday Georgia’s Republican Governor Brian Kemp came under fire for falsely claiming asymptomatic spreading had just been discovered “the last 24 hours.”
Image via Shutterstock
Navy to Relieve ‘Hero’ Captain Who Urged Help for 100 Sailors With Coronavirus: Report
The U.S. Navy will relive from duty a nuclear powered aircraft carrier Captain after he sent a letter to his superiors urging help after more than 100 sailors tested positive for coronavirus.
The official reason will be loss of trust and confidence.
“Capt. Brett Crozier, who commands the Roosevelt, an aircraft carrier with a crew of nearly 5,000, will be relieved of his command, but keep his rank and remain in the Navy,” NBC News reports.
We are not at war,” Capt. Crozier wrote in a letter that was subsequently leaked to the media. “Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our sailors.”
On Wednesday the Navy let it be known Capt. Crozier would not be disciplined or discharged.
“The fact that he wrote the letter to his chain of command to express his concerns would absolutely not result in any time of retaliation,” Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas B. Modly said.
That appears to have changed.
Four Star US Army General Bary McCaffrey (Ret). a former Joint Commander of SOUTHCOM, weighed in yesterday:
My idea today of a military hero is Capt Brett Crozier commanding USS ROOSEVELT. He spoke clearly to his chain of command to protect his sailors. ACTING SEC NAVY says 10% of crew too few to protect ship in Guam. He knows better than the commander?
— Barry R McCaffrey (@mccaffreyr3) April 2, 2020
FDA Changes Gay Blood Ban From 12 to 3 Months of No Sex Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
The Food and Drug Administration has changed its ban on LGBTQ people donating blood, now requiring men who have had sex with men to abstain from sex for three months instead of 12 months before donating blood or plasma.
Plasma donations from those who have coronavirus antibodies are especially vital right now, as this popular HuffPost story shows, given the current pandemic. There are also shortages of blood across the nation.
The FDA’s “loosened” guidelines, which are now in effect due to “the public health emergency related to COVID-19,” are not necessarily permanent. They cover a lengthy list of people who should not donate blood. In addition to men who have had sex with a man or men within the past three months, it recommends a ban of those who fall in to the following categories:
Women with “a history in the past 3 months of sex with a man who has had sex with another man in the past 3 months,” donors with a “history in the past 3 months of syphilis or gonorrhea, or treatment for syphilis or gonorrhea,” donors with a “history in the past 3 months of a tattoo, ear or body piercing,” donors with a “history in the past three months of exchanging sex for money or drugs,” and donors with a “history in the past three months of non-prescription injection drug use.”
The ban on gay men is unscientific and discriminatory, given the ability to test for HIV infection, and given that men who have sex with women can still acquire HIV.
For example, a man who is married to a woman but has random or anonymous sexual encounters regularly with other women is fully eligible to donate blood. A man who is married to a man in a monogamous relationship still cannot.
Calling the new guidelines “imperfect,” GLAAD, which has been working on eliminating the gay blood ban since 2015 issued a statement from its President and CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis saying, “LGBTQ Americans can hold their heads up today and know that our voices will always triumph over discrimination.”
“This is a victory for all of us who raised our collective voices against the discriminatory ban on gay and bisexual men donating blood. The FDA’s decision to lower the deferral period on men who have sex with men from 12 months to 3 months is a step towards being more in line with science, but remains imperfect. We will keep fighting until the deferral period is lifted and gay and bi men, and all LGBTQ people, are treated equal to others.“
Anthony Michael Kreis, a Visiting Assistant Professor of Law at Chicago-Kent College of Law tells NCRM, “I’m glad that the FDA has liberalized their policy, but it does not really address the concerns about the stigma of blood donations and sexual orientation. Is there a good public health justification for excluding HIV-negative men in monogamous same-sex relationships? Is there a science-based rationale for excluding gay and bisexual men who are HIV-negative and using PrEP? These are important questions that need to be answered in the coming weeks because each raise significant questions about what’s driving this policy— the fit seems to be overbroad and, as a consequence, needlessly stigma-perpetuating.”
- RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM2 days ago
Franklin Graham Is Behind NYC’s Central Park COVID-19 Field Hospital – Volunteers Asked to ‘Support’ Anti-LGBTQ Beliefs
- QUID PRO PPE2 days ago
White House Official Admits Trump Has Politicized Coronavirus Response – Favoring Red States to Grab Electoral College Votes: Report
- RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM1 day ago
Franklin Graham’s Central Park COVID-19 Field Hospital Delays Opening as Controversy Rages and Quality of Care Concerns Grow
- News1 day ago
‘Colossal Failure of Leadership’: Trump ‘Unfit’ for Pandemic, ‘Has Blood on His Hands’ Says Pulitzer Prize Winning Paper
- ETHICS – WHAT ETHICS?2 days ago
REVEALED: Kushner Firm Built Coronavirus Website Trump Promised Google Was Building
- News2 days ago
Internal Emails Reveal High-Ranking Trump Administration Officials Were Warned About Lack of PPE Safety Gear Early On
- News3 days ago
‘That’s a 9/11’: US Coronavirus Deaths Just Surged to 3000 – Americans React
- WHAM!2 days ago
Trump Decimated for Trying to Start Up Infrastructure Week Again While the Nation Is Crippled by ‘His Incompetence’