To All Who Deny Pence’s War on Science, Women, the LGBT Community, and the Poor, and Say, ‘Prove It,’ You’re Welcome
What Journalists Want You To Know About Mike Pence:
- What Indiana Journalists Want You To Know About Mike Pence
- What Media Should Know About Trumpâ€™s Reported VP Pick, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence
- Pence becomes the most far-right running mate in modern history
- Picking Pence: Trump Veep Choice Has Cozy Relationship With The Religious Right
- Trump had a problem with women voters. Pence could make it even worse.
- Mike Pence: A Conservative Proudly Out of Sync With His Times
- Mike Pence: Sarah Palin Without The Charisma
- Mike Pence: Even More Extreme Than Donald Trump
- Get to Know Mike Pence and All of the Very Bad Legislation He’s Signed
Mike Pence’s War on Science:
- Mike Pence believes in creationism, and he wants to teach that to your kids in public schools
- Mike Pence, Cigarette Truther
- Mike Pence, Trump’s Reported VP Pick, Said “Smoking Doesn’t Kill”
- Pence: I’m Not ‘Anti-Science’…But I Don’t Believe In Global Warming, Stem Cell Research, Or Evolution
- Mike Pence used campaign funds to pay his mortgage â€” and it cost him an election
- Mike Pence Wants Creationism Taught In Public Schools
- On Climate Change, Pence and Trump Are a Perfect Match
- Gov Mike Pence is a climate change denier
- Pence: I’m Not ‘Anti-Science’…But I Don’t Believe In Global Warming, Stem Cell Research, Or Evolution
- 5 Real Things Mike Pence Has Said About Climate Change
- Trump VP Pick Mike Pence Doesn’t Believe in Modern Science
- Congressional Record | Mike Pence Delivers Entire Speech Denying Evolution | Library of Congress
- RWW News: Mike Pence Criticizes Theory Of Evolution
Mike Pence’s War on Women & Planned Parenthood:
- Indiana Bill Would Force Women To Undergo Two Transvaginal Probes To Take A PillÂ
- Pence’s war on Planned Parenthood
- Mike Pence Has Led a Crusade Against Abortion Access and LGBT Rights
- Indiana Is Trying To Pass An Abortion Bill That’s So Extreme Even Republicans Don’t Like It
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed a law this year that mandated funerals for fetuses
- Donald Trumpâ€™s VP Mike Pence vs. Womenâ€™s Periods
- Mike Pence Backed Personhood Bills To Criminalize Abortions Nationwide
- Federal Judge Blocks Extreme Indiana Law Banning Abortions Sought Over Fetal Abnormalities
- Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade
- Mike Penceâ€™s sadistic abortion law: Indiana passes draconian anti-choice bill geared towards humiliating and bankrupting women who have abortions
- 5 Reasons A Mike Pence Vice Presidency Would Be Bad For Women
- Mike Pence’s agenda? To take control of your womb
- Mike Penceâ€™s Abysmal Record on Womenâ€™s Health
- Roe vs. Wade will be overturned if Donald Trump wins, Mike Pence says
- Mike Pence Says Roe v. Wade Will Be Overturned
- Pence: Prayer and a pledge to end Roe v. Wade
Mike Pence’s War onÂ a Living Wage &Â Equal Pay For Women:
- Pence Voted Twice Against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Pence Voted Against the Paycheck Fairness Act
- Pence Voted Against Raising the Minimum Wage
Mike Pence’s War on the LGBT Community:
- True: Mike Pence advocated for ‘conversion therapy’
- Hereâ€™s What Mike Pence Said on LGBT Issues Over the Years
- The True Intent Of Indiana’s ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill, According To The People Who Helped Write It
- Pence Uses Bible To Justify His Bigotry And Not To Help Those Who Need Help Or To Comfort The Persecuted
- LGBT and Progressive Orgs Issue Statements Protesting Pence as VP Pick
- Four Kinds Of Discrimination Gov. Mike Pence Doesn’t ‘Abhor’
- Indiana Shut Down Its Rural Planned Parenthood Clinics And Got An HIV Outbreak
- Rutter: Little Indiana town paid for war on Planned Parenthood
- Here Is Mike Penceâ€™s Questionable 2000 Proposal On HIV/AIDS Funding
- Indiana Governor Mike Pence refuses to say if he’s opposed to LGBT Discrimination
- Governor Who Once Pushed Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Now Calls Marriage A ‘States’ Issue
- 6 Reasons Why Mike Pence Is Awful For Queer People
- What we know about Gov. Mike Pence’s position on gay rights over the years
- Mike Pence for Donald Trump’s vice president? It’s an extra awful choice for LGBTQ rights.
- Indiana Governor Signs Anti-Gay ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill At Private Ceremony
Mike Pence’s War on the Poor:Â
- Indiana Plans To Cut Tens Of Thousands Off Food Stamps
- Roughly 18,300 lose food stamp benefits in Indiana
- Mike Pence Brazenly Stripped Power From an Elected Dem at the Expense of Indiana KidsÂ
Mike PenceÂ Miscellaneous:Â
- Mike Pence Hints at Trumpâ€™s Muslim Ban Extending to Other Religions
- Mike Pence Ran A Controversial Ad About Arabs In An Early Campaign
- That Time Hillary Put Pence In His Place
- Clinton ad blasts Trump’s ‘extremist’ VP pick Mike Pence
Here’s the Proof of Donald Trump’s Racism, Sexism & Anti-Gay Rhetoric You’ve Been Asking for, Trolls
Here’s the Proof of Donald Trump’s Failures, Corruption, Scams And Mob Ties You’ve Been Asking for, Trolls
This repository is a work-in-progress. It will be updated and new sections will be added as new information becomes available.
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
Madison Cawthorn Retains High-Powered GOP Attorney for Case Seeking to Disqualify Him as an Insurrectionist
U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) is facing several six challengers to his seat in the House of Representatives this year. Two Democrats will face off, with one becoming their party’s nominee. Four Republicans are primarying the far-right freshman lawmaker, one of those five will go on to face the Democratic challenger.
But Congressman Cawthorn is facing an even great challenge, and he’s taking it seriously.
A group of attorneys is looking at both the 14 Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and North Carolina law, in an attempt to have him declared an insurrectionist and therefore unfit to serve.
“No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress,” the 14th Amendment reads, “who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress…shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”
The New York Times Tuesday night reports “Mr. Cawthorn, 26, who is in his first term in Congress, has denounced the case as an egregious misreading of the 14th Amendment, but he has retained James Bopp Jr., one of the most prominent conservative campaign lawyers in the country, as counsel.”
Bopp, known as being one of the attorneys who won the democracy-damning Citizens United case at the Supreme Court, flooding American politics with millions (billions?) in dark money. He’s also been a vice-chair of the RNC, and is recognized as a top conservative lawyer.
The Times adds that “North Carolina’s election statute offers challengers a remarkably low bar to question a candidate’s constitutional qualifications for office. Once someone establishes a ‘reasonable suspicion or belief’ that a candidate is not qualified, the burden shifts to the officeseeker to prove otherwise.”
Other Republicans are likely worried, which should have some wondering who’s footing the bill for Bopp.
“If Mr. Cawthorn is labeled an ‘insurrectionist,’ that could have broader ramifications. Other Republican House members, such as Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Mo Brooks of Alabama, Paul Gosar of Arizona, and Lauren Boebert of Colorado, face similar accusations, but their state’s election laws present higher hurdles for challenges to their candidate qualifications. If one of their colleagues is disqualified for his role in encouraging the rioters, those hurdles might become easier to clear.”
Read the entire Times report here.
Chasten Buttigieg Slams Florida GOP’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill for ‘Pushing LGBTQ Families Back Into the Closet’
Former school teacher Chasten Buttigieg is slamming Florida legislation dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which would ban discussion of LGBTQ issues in public schools under the guise of “parental rights,” saying it will “kill kids.”
Appearing on CNN Buttigieg asked, “what kind of country we’re building, or in Florida, what kind of state are you building where you’re essentially pushing kids back into the closet, you’re saying we can’t talk about you? We can’t even talk about your families.”
“And you know, as a kid who grew up for 18 years, being told, ‘you don’t belong, something about you is wrong.’ Sometimes you take that trauma to heart and unfortunately there are a lot of kids in this country who do the worst because we tell them, ‘something about you is twisted and you don’t belong here.'”
Buttigieg railed against the bill over the weekend, posting a tweet pointing to a Trevor Project study that he says found “42% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide last year.”
This will kill kids, @RonDeSantisFL. You are purposefully making your state a harder place for LGBTQ kids to survive in. In a national survey (@TrevorProject), 42% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide last year. Now they can’t talk to their teachers? https://t.co/VtfFLPlsn3
— Chasten Buttigieg (@Chasten) January 20, 2022
The bill, sponsored by freshman Republican state Rep. Joe Harding, in part reads: “A school district may not encourage classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in primary grade levels or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students.”
Buttigieg, who is married to Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, said, “if kids come into the classroom Monday morning, and they’re all talking about their weekends, and hypothetically a kid like mine says, ‘I had the best weekend with my dad. We went to the zoo, we went and got ice cream,’ is the teacher supposed to say, ‘hey, we don’t talk about things like that in this classroom’? You know, and not only what does that do to kids like mine, but also do to a kid in the classroom [who is] starting to realize that they’re different.”
JUST NOW: “”What kind of state are you building where you’re essentially pushing kids back into the closet and saying we can’t talk about you? … [Kids] take that trauma to heart.”@Chasten on what is being called the “Don’t Say Gay” bill in FL.pic.twitter.com/M1Qiz9Zt9f
— John Berman (@JohnBerman) January 25, 2022
Image by Pete for America via Flickr
Psaki Schools Doocy on Trump’s Infamous Twitter Tantrums After He Whines About ‘Hashtag’ Diplomacy
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki responded to a question from Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy on Tuesday by reminding him that former President Donald Trump had a history of conducting diplomacy through tantrums on Twitter.
At a White House press briefing, Doocy asked why Secretary of State Antony Blinken had expressed support for Ukraine on Twitter with the hashtag “#IStandWithUkraine.”
“Has that ever worked in stopping an authoritarian regime from doing anything, a hashtag?” Doocy wondered.
“I will have to say that, unlike the last administration, we don’t think Twitter is the only means of engaging or negotiating or discussing important topics,” Psaki replied. “But it is important for us to convey to the Ukrainian people who do view commentary through a range of forums.”
Watch the video below from Fox News.
- RIGHT WING EXTREMISM1 day ago
Matt Gaetz Casually Throws in a Homophobic Slur During Interview With Steve Bannon (Video)
- News2 days ago
Trump Instructed Michael Cohen to Make Sure Don Jr. Went to Jail Instead of Ivanka
- News2 days ago
Ivanka Trump Is ‘In Trouble’ Whether She Testifies or Not: Former Aide
- 'OUR DEMOCRACY MIGHT BE GONE'1 day ago
‘Threat to Democracy Is Real’: Experts Nuke ‘Fascist’ Newt Gingrich Over His Threat to Jail Democrats
- CRIME1 day ago
Psaki Rips Doocy Apart Over Crime Claim: ‘I Think We Should Be Responsible in Reporting to the Public’
- COMMENTARY1 day ago
Whoopi Goldberg Destroys Bill Maher’s Anti-Mask Rant: ‘How Dare You Be So Flippant?’
- BREAKING NEWS2 days ago
Watch: Bill Barr Has Talked to Jan. 6 Committee Says Chairman
- BREAKING NEWS1 day ago
Watch: Hot Mic Catches Biden Blowing Off Steam With Profane Remark Directed Towards Fox News’ Peter Doocy