Connect with us

Cruz: Clinton, Trump Want to Let ‘Any Adult Man’ Use the ‘Girl’s Restroom if He Feels Like a Woman’

Published

on

Ted Cruz Again Lies About His Opponents and About Transgender People, and Again, Chuck Todd Lets It Happen

 


Texas Tea Party Republican Senator Ted Cruz claims that President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump want a law “that says any adult man can go into a girl’s restroom if he feels like a woman at that minute.” Senator Cruz delivered that lie, direct from his stump speech, in a “Meet the Press” interview with Chuck Todd that airs Sunday morning. (Video above, at about the 1:20 mark.)

“My focus is on own positive optimistic vision for this country. As president my focus is going to be on three things: jobs, freedom, and security,” Cruz said. “Every day my focus is going to be on reducing the burdens of Washington on small businesses, bringing manufacturing jobs back to this country, lowering taxes and then defending the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Standing up – you know, to illustrate how out of touch the New York and Washington elite are, just a week ago Donald Trump came out on television, agreeing with Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that grown men should be allowed to use little girls’ restrooms,” Cruz told Todd.

RELATED: How Many Lies Did the Sponsor of North Carolina’s Anti-LGBT Bill HB2 Just Tell on MSNBC? And How Many Did Chuck Todd Let Him Get Away With?

“Now I view this issue as a matter of common sense. I don’t think it’s a right or left or Republican or Democratic issue. It’s common sense. Listen, I’m the dad of two little girls. It doesn’t make any sense to allow grown adult men – strangers – to be alone in a bathroom, and virtually all Americans understand that, and it is only the height of political correctness that refuses to acknowledge it.”

NBC News host Chuck Todd then asked Cruz what he would say to Caitlin Jenner, who took Donald Trump up on his offer to use any restroom she preferred in Trump Tower.

RELATED: Watch: Ted Cruz Tells Transgender Women to Only Use the ‘Bathroom at Home’

“What I say is very simple. If you pass a law, as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and Barack Obama want, that says any adult man can go into a girl’s restroom if he feels like a woman at that minute – listen, the real danger is not people who are transgendered. It’s people who are predators,” Cruz said.

“People who are predators who use that law as an excuse –”

Chuck Todd then said, “Right.”

Cruz continued, saying, “to go target our kids. That is a real dangerous – I’ve spent a lot of years in law enforcement dealing with cases of some of the worst child molesters,” Cruz went on.

At no point did Chuck Todd interject to correct Cruz on his false statements.

Politifact last week rated Cruz’s claims “mostly false,” yet he continued to spread them. 

Watch above.

 

EARLIER:

John Boehner Comes Out of Retirement to Call Ted Cruz ‘Lucifer in the Flesh’

Ted Cruz Stump Speech Now Includes Anti-Trans HB2 Bathroom ‘Joke’ About Trump Dressing Up As Hillary

WATCH: Transgender Teen Explains What Happened When Ted Cruz’s Campaign Kicked Him Out of a Rally

 

Image: Screenshot via NBC News

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

News

Trump Could Face 20 Years Behind Bars for ‘Serious Felonies’ at Mar-a-Lago: Legal Analyst

Published

on

A legal analyst for ABC News pointed out that former President Donald Trump is potentially facing 20 years in prison for “serious felonies” after the search of his Mar-a-Lago home.

Dan Abrams told ABC host Jonathan Karl that the Department of Justice could indict Trump for multiple crimes after finding classified documents during the search.

“They’re very serious,” Abrams said of the charges. “And the one that’s being talked about most is this espionage act because it has the word espionage in it. But the truth is that when it comes to potential criminal sentences, the obstruction of justice statute is the one with the most potential prison time.”

“There you’re talking about up to 20 years behind bars,” he added. “So these are not sort of minor crimes we’re talking about here. We’re talking about the potential for serious felonies with regard to all three of the crimes being investigated.”

But Abrams threw cold water on the idea that a Trump prosecution would be easy.

“The fundamental question is going to be intentionality,” he opined. “How much do they believe that they did this on purpose? Were they intentionally ignoring subpoenas? Were they literally destroying documents?”

Watch the video below from ABC.

 

Continue Reading

RIGHT WING EXTREMISM

New Analysis Breaks Down GOP’s Flawed Response to the Mar-a-Lago Search

Published

on

Republican lawmakers are reportedly at an impasse on whether or not they should be defending former President Donald Trump amid his latest flurry of legal woes. The party is also facing challenges with navigating some lawmakers’ critical assessments of law enforcement over the Trump investigation.

A new analysis is breaking down Republicans’ seemingly flawed response and how it underscores the cracks in the political party’s foundation.

According to Axios, the analysis comes shortly after documents released on Friday, August 12, offered details about the search which reportedly involved “highly classified materials believed stored in violation of the law at the ex-president’s private residence.”

Prior to the release of those documents, Republicans serving on the House Intelligence Committee participated in a press conference where they continued to criticize the investigation, describing it as being politically motivated.

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) scrutinized the investigation deeming it a “complete abuse” of authority as she suggested it was being conducted because the former president is considered to be “Joe Biden’s most likeliest political opponent in 2024.”

However, some Republicans on the committee have offered a more leveled approach to the situation. Per The New York Times, “Trump allies have told top Republicans to tone down their criticism of the Justice Department ‘because it is possible that more damaging information related to the search will become public.'”

“It’s incumbent upon everybody to act in a way that’s becoming of the office they hold,” said Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), a former FBI agent, “And that’s not casting judgment on anything until you know all the facts.”

Others have attempted to defend the former president. Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) said, “You can say nuclear weapons, but there are things that are highly, highly classified, there are things that are not extremely classified.”

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is now selling merchandise on her website in support of a call to “defund the FBI” while Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) tweeted, “I will support a complete dismantling and elimination of the democrat brown shirts known as the FBI.”

 

Image: Elise Stefanik with Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago via Facebook

Continue Reading

News

Trump Makes False Claims About Classified Documents – And Obama

Published

on

Donald Trump is responding to news reports he is under FBI investigation for actions covered by the Espionage Act by making apparently false claims about his mishandling of classified documents and about former President Barack Obama.

“Number one, it was all declassified,” Trump says in a post on his Truth Social site, a claim legal experts say is incorrect. For any president to declassify documents, experts say, there is a process that involves actions being taken on each individual document. They also say the president does not have legal authority to declassify documents related to nuclear weapons.

“Number two,” Trump continues, “they didn’t need to ‘seize’ anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago. It was in secured storage, with an additional lock put on as per their request.”

READ MORE: FBI Agents Searched Mar-a-Lago for ‘Classified Documents Relating to Nuclear Weapons’: Report

Again, according to reports, that too is false. DOJ issued a subpoena after the National Archives tried to get all the documents back and Trump still did not comply.

“They could have had it anytime they wanted—and that includes LONG ago,” he continues in a separate post on Truth Social. “ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK.”

Again, multiple reports say they did, numerous times.

READ MORE: DOJ Served Trump With Grand Jury Subpoena for Classified Documents Months Before FBI Raid: Report

None of his responses explain why he had at Mar-a-Lago what we now know were at least 35 cartons – 20 retrieved on Monday and 15 earlier this year – of items including confidential, classified, and top secret documents that were required by law to have been handed over to the National Archives.

“The bigger problem is,” Trump says, “what are they going to do with the 33 million pages of documents, many of which are classified, that President Obama took to Chicago?”

That is also false.

The National Archives on Friday issued a statement after Trump repeatedly spread the false claim that former President Barack Obama had 33 million documents in his possession.

“President Barack Hussein Obama kept 33 million pages of documents, much of them classified. How many of them pertained to nuclear? Word is, lots!” was one of Trump’s false attacks on his Truth Social site.

“The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA),” the Archives said in a statement posted to its website Friday.

“NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA,” the Archives added. “Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 AlterNet Media.