The President of the largest Christian Evangelical university in the world just told his students to get concealed-carry gun permits and carry guns on campus.
In an announcement so stunning and jaw dropping, not only for its content but for its jocular, jovial, and cavalier delivery, the president of the world’s largest Christian Evangelical university, Jerry Falwell, Jr.,Â on Friday told 14,000 students to get concealed-carry gun permits, and carry guns in school. There seemed to be an underlying message the guns would be used to kill Muslims, although Falwell says he was referringÂ to terrorists.
Speaking about Wednesday’s tragic San Bernardino mass shooting, which is now being investigated as terrorism, Jerry Falwell, Jr., son of the late televangelist who founded Liberty University, told the massive crowd that it “blows” his mind that President Barack Obama said “that the answer to circumstances like that is more gun control.”
The stadium-sized crowd broke out into applause.
â€œIf some of those people in that community center had what I have in my back pocketÂ right nowâ€¦,â€ Falwell continued in a somewhat joking and lighthearted manner, to even greater applause and cheering.
â€œIs it illegal to pull it out? I donâ€™t know,â€ he added, seemingly hoping the crowd would dare him too.
â€œIâ€™ve always thought that if more good people had concealed-carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walked in,â€ Falwell said, as the growing applause interrupted, â€œand killed them.â€
â€œI just wanted to take this opportunity to encourage all of you to get your permit. We offer a free course,â€ he offered. â€œLetâ€™s teach them a lesson if they ever show up here.â€
Liberty University has about 15 to 20 Muslim students enrolled, according to Falwell.
The Washington Post reports that “Falwell said that when he referred to ‘those Muslims,’ he was referring to Islamic terrorists, specifically those behind the attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino.
â€œThatâ€™s the only thing I would clarify,â€ Falwell told the Post. â€œIf I had to say what I said again, Iâ€™d say exactly the same thing.â€
â€œIâ€™ve never received more support or a more positive response from anything I have ever said in Convocation before,â€ Falwell told Glenn Beck’s The Blaze.
President Falwell’s remarks will, one can easily imagine, be used as a recruiting tool for terror groups.
Image: Screenshot via CNN
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
Bernie Sanders Reverses – Announces He Will Not Release His Full Medical Records Even After Heart Attack
‘I Don’t Think We Will’
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, independent of Vermont, has announced he will not be releasing his full medical records after suffering a heart attack late last year. Sanders, 78, is currently seen as the frontrunner in the race for the Democratic nomination for president.
“We have released, I think, quite as much as any other candidate has,” Sen. Sanders said, defending his decision to reverse his promise of releasing a full set of medical records just after his October heart attack.
But in October, after the heart attack, Sanders said releasing his medical records was “the right thing to do.” He also had promised to release them “before the first votes are cast,” a deadline he’s missed.
“People do have a right to know about the health of a senator and someone running for president,” Sanders told CNN’s Sanjay Gupta on October 10. “At the appropriate time we’ll make all the medical records public for you or anyone else who wants to see them.”
Here’s Sanders just after his heart attack promising to release his full medical records:
Question: “Plan to release your medical records sooner than originally planned now?”
Sen. Bernie Sanders: “We’ll release them, we always planned to release them. And we have more medical records obviously now, and we will release them at the appropriate time.” pic.twitter.com/X8b0bWvnPc
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
Tuesday night he gave a very different response.
“We released two rather detailed letters from cardiologists and we released a letter that came from the head of the U.S. Congress medical group, the physicians there. So I think we have released a detailed report, and I’m comfortable with what we have done,” Sanders told Anderson Cooper Tuesday night at a CNN town hall.
“If you think I’m not in good health come on out with me on the campaign trail and I’ll let you introduce me to the three or four rallies a day that we do,” Sanders joked.
Cooper pressed the three-term Senator if he would be releasing his full medical records in the future.
“I don’t think we will, no,” Sanders responded.
President Donald Trump was largely decried and mocked for his refusal to release his full medical records when he was running in 2016. He has never released a full set, and his White House physician’s reports have been largely received as fictive.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, who had a heart attack last year, tells @andersoncooper that he doesn’t think he will release any more medical records than he already has. #cnntownhall https://t.co/DcVxz2JQLM pic.twitter.com/mObVIbJHFO
— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) February 19, 2020
MSNBC analyst and DailyBeast columnist Jonathan Alter called Sanders’ move “Trumpish.”
Talking Points Memo founder and publisher Josh Marshall weighed in:
It’s much worse than Trumpish. Other than his weight we had no reason to think Trump was ill during the 2016 campaign. Sanders is almost 80 and just had a heart attack. It’s INSANE for the public not to get some concrete information about his health.
— Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) February 19, 2020
New Report Claims Barr Has Said He Is Considering Quitting if Trump Continues to Tweet About DOJ: WaPo
The Washington Post Tuesday night reports Attorney General Bill Barr has told multiple people “close to President Trump” inside and outside the White House that he is considering quitting if the President continues to tweet about Dept. of Justice investigations.
“He has his limits,” said one person familiar with Barr’s thinking, speaking on the condition of anonymity, like others, to discuss internal deliberations.
The new report comes on the heels of what many believe to be a disinformation campaign coordinated by the DOJ and the White House last week, when Barr told ABC News that Trump tweeting about investigations makes it “impossible” for him to do his job.
Trump dismissed Barr’s remarks, and has continued to tweet about DOJ matters.
Many experts have gone as far as to say Barr believes his job is to protect the President, and Trump’s tweets just make that harder.
Family of One of the Felons President Pardoned Donated Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars to Trump Campaign: Report
Out of the blue President Donald Trump on Tuesday pardoned or commuted the sentences of eleven people. One of those who received a full pardon from the president is Paul Pogue, the founder of a large Texas construction company.
Pogue pleaded guilty to underpaying his taxes over a three-year period by $473,000. The White House published a long list of the charitable giving Pogue has made to support Trump’s decision to issue the pardon.
“For more than 30 years, he has provided significant humanitarian aid to countries around the world, including Africa, India, and Mexico, all while continuing to help his fellow Americans in times of need,” the White House stated. “Mr. Pogue is the founder of two non-profit organizations. One constructs churches, clinics, schools, and orphanages in developing countries.”
What the White House neglected to mention are donations to the Trump campaign made by his family after his conviction.
“According to FEC filings, Pogue’s family has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in direct contributions and in-kind air travel to the Trump Victory Fund,” The Daily Beast’s Justin Baragona and Asawin Suebsaeng report. “Beginning in August 2019, Ben Pogue—CEO of Pogue Construction and son of Paul Pogue—and his wife Ashleigh made over $200,000 in contributions to the campaign.”
The Daily Beast notes that just this past August, “Ben Pogue donated $85,000 to Trump Victory while Ashleigh Pogue contributed $50,000 that month. The following month, Ben Pogue made an in-kind air travel contribution of $75,404.40. The couple also made several large donations to the Republican National Committee and each donated $5,600 to Donald Trump for President Inc.”
Along the way the Pogues a few made smaller political donations, including to Rick Santorum’s 2016 presidential campaign. Now a CNN contributor, Santorum argued for Pogue’s pardon.
“In 2015, Pogue and his family contributed $11,000 to Santorum’s 2016 campaign,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reports, making clear that Santorum “helped secure a pardon” for Pogue.
- News2 days ago
Illegal Border Crossings ‘Nearly Double’ Thanks to $5 Ladders That Easily Hook Onto Trump’s New Replacement Wall
- GRAND OLD PARTY OF BIGOTS3 days ago
Buttigieg Blasts Trump Allies’ Homophobia: ‘I’m Not Going to Be Lectured on Family Values From the Likes of Rush Limbaugh’
- IF ONLY IT WERE INTENTIONAL2 days ago
Whoops! Federal Government Agency Celebrates ‘All Our Presidents Past and Future’
- SNAGGED2 days ago
Trump Campaign Forced to Delete #Daytona500 Air Force One Photo Because It Was From 2004
- 'INCALCULABLE HARM'24 hours ago
Former Mueller Chief of Staff Says the DOJ Was Just ‘Dealt a Significant Blow’
- RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS2 days ago
NY Times Blasted for ‘Normalizing’ Far Right Extremists Again After Publishing Stephen Miller’s Wedding Announcement
- News2 days ago
Federal Judge Association Calls Emergency Meeting to Address Barr Intervention Into Trump Ally Roger Stone’s Case
- ACTUALLY YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC2 days ago
Furious Franklin Graham Blasts UK: I’m Not Homophobic I Just ‘Preach the Truth of the Gospel’ to Save Gays From Hell