At least a dozen gay men have been attacked over the past three months in the Dallas “gayborhood.” Last night was the latest.
Geoffrey Hubbard (photo) Thursday night was walking just two blocks from his job atÂ the Cedar Springs Taphouse when, he says, he was “smacked in the head by some guy attempting to mug me.”
Thinking quickly, Hubbard dove under a parked SUV an anchored himself there until his attacker left. He then flagged down a passing car, which fortunately was driven by an off-duty police officer, who drove Hubbard to the hospital.
Hubbard suffered a fractured skull, and required several stitches. Speaking with WFAA he says “aÂ little bit of air got in my skull,” and he’s still in the ICU.
Noting that this is “at least the 12th violent attackÂ that has occurredÂ in the area in the last three months,”Â Towleroad reports Hubbard detailed the attack on Facebook.
â€œI could see the calculated robbery start to initiate,â€ Hubbard wrote. â€œLuckily I was able to crawl under a car with my squirrelly self and prevent them from taking anything.â€
While police are treating only one of the attacks as a hate crime, the fact that there have been so many in an area of town known as the “gayborhood” are leaving many in the community angered.
On Facebook, LGBT journalistÂ Daniel Villarreal called the attack “at least the 15th anti-queer bashing to occur in Dallas’ ‘gayborhood’ since the city’s September 20th Pride Parade.”
“ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER GAYBASHING IN DALLAS,” VillarrealÂ wrote.
Other Dallas locals are calling for more police protection and warning friends to travel only in groups. One suggested, “arm yourselves,” and some are threatening violence against any attackers.Â
Enjoy this piece?
… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.
NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.
Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.
In First Interview Since Loss, Trump Goes Off the Rails and Suggests FBI Is ‘Involved’ in Stealing Election
In his first interview since losing to President-elect Joe Biden, President Donald Trump repeated false claims about voter fraud and suggested that the FBI was “involved” in stealing the election.
Trump made the claims while speaking to Fox News host Maria Bartiromo.
“They send millions and millions and millions of mail-in ballots,” Trump opined. “I’m sure you know people that got two, three, four — because I do. They got four ballots. They got one at a country home. Dead people were seeing ballots. But even worse, dead people were applying to get a ballot. They were making applications to get ballots. Many. And we’re not talking about 10 people, we’re talking — there are a lot of dead people that so-called voted this election.”
“This is total fraud,” he continued. “And how the FBI and Department of Justice — I don’t know, maybe they’re involved. But how people are allowed to get away with this stuff is unbelievable. This election was rigged. This election was a total fraud.”
Trump also suggested that the judicial system had been rigged against him.
“We go to judges and people don’t want to get involved,” Trump remarked to Bartiromo. “The media doesn’t even want to cover it. I mean, you’re doing something. You’re actually very brave.”
Watch the video below from Fox News.
Trump’s ICE Is Using Torture to Quickly Deport Africans Back to a Deadly War-Torn Country
The central African country of Cameroon is currently experiencing a four-year separatist conflict that has killed over 3,000 people and displaced half a million more with “extrajudicial killings, forced disappearances, arbitrary and unlawful detention and torture.”
But Cameroonians who fled to the U.S. to seek political asylum here as refugees are experiencing torture as well from private prison guards and agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in Louisiana and Mississippi.
A new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center and Freedom for Immigrants includes six Cameroonians who say they were physically forced to sign deportation documents that they didn’t understand and threatened with choking, pepper spray, physical pain and prolonged detention if they refused.
One accuser said that ICE agents and private guards stripped him naked from the waist down, exposing his genitals and buttocks to a room of 10 people, while forcing him to sign. Others said they and other refugees were fed substandard food, subject to a humiliating full-body strip search, and housed alongside federal prisoners while waiting for their court proceedings.
If true, the actions would violate Louisiana state and federal law, the international Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment, which the U.S. has ratified, as well as ICE’s own policies within its 2011 Performance Based National Standards, Newsweek reports.
Trump has deported anywhere from 94 or 116 Cameroonians back to their home country since October. The Cameroon government has detained refugees who return to their shore to interrogate them for any separatist ties.
Trump Is Already Planning a 2024 Run Just So Biden Won’t Get All the Press Attention
President Donald Trump is reportedly discussing launching his 2024 re-election campaign kickoff event on January 20 just to overshadow President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Yes, really.
The Daily Beast has cited three officials who Trump has reportedly discussed the idea with. He is assessing which big-dollar donors would support his bid and which political underlings would remain loyal to him just to benefit from whatever happens.
“Trump’s scheming about a future White House run is both an implicit recognition that he views his own current legal efforts as longshots and a reflection of his inherent desire to maintain political power and public attention,” The Daily Beast writes.
According to Bloomberg News, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, reportedly told Trump, “If you do that—and I think I speak for everybody in the room—we’re with you 100 percent.”
Trump still has yet to officially concede. On Thursday he told reporters, “It’s going to be a very hard thing to concede because we know there was massive fraud.” Trump has been unable to prove his repeated claims of “massive fraud” in over 30 lawsuits which have either failed, been dismissed or withdrawn by his own re-election campaign.
Unfortunately for Trump, two comedians have already snatched up DonaldJTrump2024.com and are using the site to repeatedly call Trump a loser. They offered to give Trump the URL if he’ll concede and call himself a sad loser via Twitter.
- 'GRIFTER KIDS'2 days ago
Americans Angered After Photo Appears Showing Trump Kids ‘Lazing About’ at Camp David ‘On the Taxpayer Dime’
- News3 days ago
Trump Serves Up Paranoid Election Conspiracy Rant for Thanksgiving: ‘Flick of a Switch Can Change Course of History’
- LOL2 days ago
Donald Trump Just Spent $3 Million to Win Joe Biden 132 More Votes
- AMERICAN IDIOT2 days ago
Trump Is ‘Untethered to Reality’ and His Thanksgiving Rant Proves It: CNN’s Berman
- AMERICAN TRAITOR3 days ago
‘No I Can’t Say That’: Trump Says He Will Not Concede – but Will Exit White House if Electoral College Makes ‘Mistake’
- NOPE NOPE NOPE2 days ago
Trump Attorney Complains Trump-Appointed Judge Who Ruled Against Trump Campaign Part of ‘Activist Judicial Machinery’
- NOT VERY BRIGHT2 days ago
President Posts Video of TV Anchors ‘Parroting Trump Talking Points’ and Complains ‘Freedom of the Press Is Gone’
- BYE DON2 days ago
Trump Just Lost His 39th Election Ruling: ‘Claims Have No Merit’