Connect with us

‘Gremlins’ GOP Congressional Nominee Issues Second Threatening Video Against Gay People

Published

on

Less than two weeks until Election Day, a South Carolina anti-gay Republican congressional nominee just issued his second video that appears to suggest he is prepared to use physical violence against gay people.

Anthony Culler last week posted a juvenile anti-gay rant on Facebook, in which he labeled gay people “Gremlins that will only destroy our way of life,” and claimed they are “a pestilence,” “bullies,” “self-destructive,” “have a strong tendency for substance abuse,” and are a “scourge on society.”

Having made headlines, Culler continued his childish antics.

Monday night, Culler posted to Facebook a seven-minute video during which he pats a Civil War cannon in what seems to be an attempt to threaten gay people.

“And another thing you can count on is no matter how many ‘gremlins’ there are across this country,” Culler says in the video, pausing as he pats the large black cannon he’s been leaning on, “we here in the 6th district, stand against it.”

Now, tonight, Culler has again posted a video to Facebook (above), that seems to threaten physical violence against gay people.

The video and his post, in which he applauds himself for “typing on Facebook the opening salvo of a new call to action!”

Juvenile again, but unmistakeable in its threat.

Culler is seen standing in a parking lot. He turns around with his hands held like a gun, and says, “Pow-pow.”

Culler has little chance of beating his Democratic incumbent opponent, Rep. James Clyburn, so he’s doing everything he can to antagonize everyone he can. 

Culler’s actions have forced South Carolina State GOP Chairman Matt Moore to distance the Republican Party from him and drop any support from his campaign.

“Our party believes in the conservative definition of marriage, but we also believe in loving our neighbors and treating them with respect,” Moore told The State, according to MetroWeekly. “Mr. Culler’s desperate attention seeking in no way represents the good, decent South Carolinians across our state.”

Stunningly, the head of one of the nation’s most anti-gay groups, Penny Nance of Concerned Women for America, issued this statement against Culler also:

“Concerned Women for America (CWA) stands proudly in support of traditional marriage. However, neither side should engage in unkind, foolish verbal vomit. Anthony Culler has neither the temperament nor the judgment to thoughtfully represent the good people of the 6th district of South Carolina, and he certainly doesn’t represent the millions of Americans who support traditional marriage.  CWA calls on both sides of this debate to show respect and humility in sharing our strongly held beliefs.  As Americans, we should be able to debate this issue in a civil tone, making the case for our beliefs without being treated as ‘a pestilence,’ a ‘gremlin,’ or a ‘bigot.’  There are thoughtful people making high-level arguments for the importance of traditional marriage and against.  Name callers distract and marginalize both perspectives.”

 

Image via Facebook

Continue Reading
Click to comment
 
 

Enjoy this piece?

… then let us make a small request. The New Civil Rights Movement depends on readers like you to meet our ongoing expenses and continue producing quality progressive journalism. Three Silicon Valley giants consume 70 percent of all online advertising dollars, so we need your help to continue doing what we do.

NCRM is independent. You won’t find mainstream media bias here. From unflinching coverage of religious extremism, to spotlighting efforts to roll back our rights, NCRM continues to speak truth to power. America needs independent voices like NCRM to be sure no one is forgotten.

Every reader contribution, whatever the amount, makes a tremendous difference. Help ensure NCRM remains independent long into the future. Support progressive journalism with a one-time contribution to NCRM, or click here to become a subscriber. Thank you. Click here to donate by check.

WAR CRIMES

‘One Minute to Live, Sir’: Trump Shared Details of Soleimani Assassination With Top Dollar Donors at Mar-a-Lago Fundraiser

Published

on

President Donald Trump shared moment-by-moment details of his assassination of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani with top high-dollar donors at  Friday night’s fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago. The Commander-in-Chief also revealed he authorized the killing, not because of any supposed “imminent threat,” as he has previously asserted, but because intelligence reports, he said, found Solemiani was “talking about bad stuff.”

Killing Solemani as an act of retribution instead of as a preventative measure against imminent attack could be a war crime, legal experts have said.

The Washington Post reports Trump “spoke broadly about Soleimani as ‘the father of the road side bomb’ responsible for ‘every young, beautiful man or woman who see walking around with no legs, no arms.'”

Soleimani “was saying bad things about our country, like we’re going to attack, we’re going to kill your people. I said, ‘listen, how much of this shit do we have to listen to, right?’” Trump said, to applause.

The president also gave a blow-by-blow account of Soleimani’s killing.

“‘Sir, they have two minutes and 11 seconds.’ No emotion. ‘two minutes and 11 seconds to live, sir. They’re in the car, they’re in an armored vehicle. Sir, they have approximately one minute to live, sir. 30 seconds. 10, 9, 8 …’ Then all of a sudden, boom,” Trump told the group of donors, according to audio recordings the Post received.

The Post also revealed that at Friday’s fundraiser, “Trump is heard boasting about increasing the defense budget by $2.5 trillion. To those who criticized his spending and the growing national debt, Trump said, ‘Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.'”

 

 

 

Continue Reading

CORRUPTION

Lev Parnas Details ‘Intimate’ Cannabis Industry Dinner With Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump

Published

on

In an extensive interview with the Daily Beast, Lev Parnas — the associate of Rudy Giuliani who is at the center of more allegations of corruption against Donald Trump — revealed details of a meeting he had with Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner that the White House has tried to dismiss.

Speaking with the Beast’s Betsy Swan, Parnas stated that we was a participant at a private dinner at the Trump Hotel, with Swan writing, “In October 2018, he attended a dinner in a private suite at Trump Hotel hosted by the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action. The dinner, with around a dozen people, connected Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump with leaders in the cannabis industry. Parnas said he was invited because he “was a Trump loyalist,” and because the super PAC’s Director of Development Joey Ahearn knew he was pro-cannabis.”

According to Parnas, cannabis entrepreneurs were hoping to influence Kushner in the hope he could influence the White House’s stance on weed.

“They wanted Jared to be more involved, maybe help push the agenda with the president because they felt that that was something he needed to be more lenient on,” Parnas explained.

As for a picture taken with the couple that went viral, Parnas sais the White House was lying about the circumstances under which is was taken.

“The White House has claimed that a picture of Parnas with Kushner and Ivanka Trump was ‘taken at an event in a photo line.’” the report states. “Parnas, however, said it was taken at the intimate dinner with cannabis industry insiders. Two sources with knowledge of the dinner confirmed that it happened in October 2018 and that Parnas attended. The decor in the background of the picture–as Zack Everson, author of a newsletter on Trump properties noted–indicates the photo was taken in the pricey Trump Hotel suite where the dinner was hosted.”

You can read more here.

Continue Reading

GOP DISINFORMATION MACHINE

Rod Rosenstein Admits He Authorized Release of Strzok-Page Texts That Spawned Preposterous GOP Conspiracy Theories

Published

on

In a court filing released on Friday, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein admitted that he authorized the release of the text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Strzok and Page, who were involved in the Russia investigation prior to dismissal by former special counsel Robert Mueller, and whose extramarital affair inflamed Fox News’ outrage for months, revealed a dislike of President Donald Trump in their text messages, which formed the basis of GOP conspiracy theories that the FBI had been secretly working to bring down the president with the Russia investigation.

Subsequent investigations have failed to find any evidence that Strzok, Page, or any other FBI officials tried to politically target Trump with the power of the agency. However, a recent inspector general report suggests some of their surveillance practices may have been improper and require reform.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 AlterNet Media.