by David Badash on March 27, 2013

in Economics,Marriage,News,Politics

Post image for Watch: Suze Orman Politely Decimates Conservative In Piers Morgan Gay Marriage Debate

Last night Suze Orman appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Live and politely decimated the positions of a conservative author and Heritage Foundation fellow. Curiously, if you read the Heritage Foundation’s website, they claim their representative, Ryan Anderson, won.

Watch the video — the exact same one they posted on their site — and you’ll see that clearly, Suze Orman, a respected pundit, financial analyst with her own CNBC show on finance, and a lesbian in a life-long same-sex relationship.

“I feel compassion for you,” Orman tells Anderson. “And I’ll tell you why. Because I know you believe very strongly what you believe, but I also know that you’re very uneducated in how it really works.

“I believe from the bottom of my heart that if you really understood why the government does need to get involved, why it does need to be legal on a federal level, if you really understood that, there’s no way that you would sit there and say what you are saying right now.”

At one point, Piers Morgan says:

“The idea that you want to stop people like Elton [John] and David [Furnish] or Suze and K.T. from getting married in America in the modern era, I just find a bit offensive these days. It’s not fair, it’s not tolerant, it’s not American.”

I strongly urge you to watch the entire video. It’s compelling, especially toward the end, and the knowledge Orman delivers is outstanding.

The Supreme Court justices should have been made to watch this today.

chassagne March 27, 2013 at 6:03 pm

the Heritage Foundation dude never gives a straight answer to a question. every response he gives sounds like a memorized/rehearsed sound bite…not unlike some sleazy politician. let's put it this way: he didn't do the Heritage Foundation any favors.

teeveedub March 27, 2013 at 6:50 pm

So, he's 31 years old and he's been a fellow at the Heretic Foundation for 14 years? Policy decisions being discussed and formulated by 17-year-olds? No thank you.

truthspew March 27, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Ryan is an asshat. I mean really – first he's 33 and he's worked with Heritage Foundation for 15 years? So he started with them at age 18? Really?

He's a bigot – nothing more, nothing less. And in fact note how he made arguments on the one hand and then tried to be conciliatory with offers of repealing taxation on property – etc.

Huntercgo March 27, 2013 at 7:08 pm

What a shallow, self-absorbed little twit. He obviously had his script and wasn't going to deviate from it to answer any questions that were actually asked.

Which I suppose means he's not very bright, either — or his keepers at Heritage have him on a very short leash.

adelger March 27, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I've never been a Pierce Morgan fan but I just changed my opinion! Is closing argument is spot on!!! I've always loved Suzie and her arguments are sound and logical! Ryan…get a clue

Serenifly March 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Jesus fucking Christ on a stick! "Feeling strongly for something" – especially when it's religious delusions – shouldn't engender any feelings of sympathy or respect. This is the same crap as respecting "deeply held beliefs" or "sincerely held beliefs". Two stupid catchphrases that are increasingly used by religious extremists.

MrsEmH March 29, 2013 at 5:23 pm

If this ignorant fool thinks his stance that people get married only to produce children, we should actually make a law that all people must reproduce to get married. I bet he would shut the hell up. Good grief. This was the most pathetic and stupid argument I have heard from a conservative in a long time. And there are a LOT of those!