Bigotry and Bumperstickers: “Real Men Marry Women”

by David Badash on February 19, 2010

in Politics,Religion

Bigotry and bumperstickers. The American way…

Fortunately, not in my house when I was growing up. We weren’t taught to be bigots, and we weren’t allowed to put bumperstickers on dad’s car.

And this would never have been a choice.

TPM has a nice twenty-part slideshow of some highlights from CPAC. If you’re a GOPer, go for it. If you’re not but want to see some scary images, well, go for it too.

Oh, the woman above is Kristin Dowd, assistant to the executive director of Concerned Women for America.

Concerned Women for America is a bible-thumping, Conservative Christian PAC which claims,

“We are the nation’s largest public policy women’s organization with a rich 28-year history of helping our members across the country bring Biblical principles into all levels of public policy. We help people focus on six core issues, which we have determined need Biblical principles most and where we can have the greatest impact.”

Lauren--NY February 20, 2010 at 12:07 am

As an American woman I find it so annoying when organizations try to speak for 51% of the population, a group that happens to include me but also millions of others who may or may not share my opinion. I hate NOW, too, but these witches (not the word I wanted to use) *really* need to be put in their place. Disgusting.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Yeah.

How DARE they express their opinion ~~~~~~~~~

ESPRCIALLY if 'their opinion' differes from YOURS!

Who the He!! do they think they ARE, anyway??????????

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Just like how her opinion differs from yours… hmm. are we being hypocritical? Don't tell that conservative what to write but you can tell this liberal what to write?

northendguy February 20, 2010 at 12:04 am

“Real men” also beat their wives, cheat on them, divorce them… Does marrying a female make you more macho? Plenty of gay men have married women. Are they more real then gay men who never married women? Does the realness wear off?

Elizabeth074 February 20, 2010 at 10:45 pm

You cracked me up. Thanks!

Really, a real man February 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Oh yes, homos are so loving and caring, and don't forget monogamous. Just real good all around people. Ha ha haa.

David Badash February 23, 2010 at 12:57 am

50+% on straight marriages end in divorce, 50+% of straight married people cheat. How dare you.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Violence between gay 'partners" far higher than between normal spouses.

Fidelity in gay "Partnership" nearly non-existent compared to normal relationships.

Yep – you sure are selling a winning story there.

David Badash February 23, 2010 at 12:58 am

Bull.
Proof? I mean real proof from respectable sources and studies, not funded by the AFA.

Karen February 20, 2010 at 12:08 pm

What about women who marry women? It's curious how you selectively choose men.

David Badash February 20, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Karen,

Your comment truly troubled me. I'm going to chalk it up as careless.

I don't know who you are referring to when you say, "you." Because if you're referring to me, I'm not the one who made the bumper sticker or the photo. Perhaps you're referring to CWA? I hope you'll clarify for us.

Karen February 20, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Cool down. I was referring to the lady holding the sign going against gays. Trust that there are some straights out there (me) that are actually on your side. Please. I found this article because I am subscribed to you and I support you. Ask Jay. We are friends.

David Badash February 23, 2010 at 12:59 am

Whew. OK. Apologies. Thanks!

David February 20, 2010 at 5:27 pm

OMG, what real man could possibly want to marry THAT woman? Bow wow.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I say, old Chap.

You certainly take the high road in life, don't you!

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Just like you taking the high road with your passive aggressive comments and undermining tone of voice?

Oklahoma Kate August 27, 2010 at 10:30 am

Come on, David, you're smarter than these words! Surely you and I (*I'm bisexual) should know of all people that the phrase "real" in front of the word "man" or "woman" ONLY leads to intolerant rhetoric that DEHUMANIZES. Also as a woman who struggles with daily thoughts about how "ugly" and "fat" I am, to the point that things like social interaction and even succeeding at my job are painfully difficult for me, I feel hurt, angry, hopeless and alone when I read your words b/c the thought that runs through my head is, "See? Even those who have experienced persecution continue to engage in violent rhetoric and persecution."
As hard as it is for me to accept myself and my body as a woman, I image that being a transwoman is infinitely more difficult, and I get angry when I hear transwomen dehumanized with phrases like "manly" and (a synonym) "Bow wow."
I understand your anger toward the woman in the picture, but do you see that your words actually dehumanize women as a whole more so than that individual who will never read your message post? Including your lesbian and trans-sisters marching beside you in the name of equality? It reminds me of how angry certain people feel toward the gay community, and how they, too, express their frustrations w/ words like "Ewwwww!!" or (a synonym) "bow wow."

Jeanelle February 20, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Kirsten Dowd can be reached at CWFA at 202-488-7000, x1016.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Heck

Why not give her address, her normal travel schedule, her favorite places to visit, her habits. That way she can be 'taken out' much more easily.

Gawd, you are disgusting.

Isaac Smith February 20, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Bow wow? I'd hit it.

Rob February 20, 2010 at 9:54 pm
Rev Sacrilege February 22, 2010 at 12:57 am

I gotta agree. An unmarriageable troll like that shouldn't be harping on issues of marriage.

Maguire February 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Dear Miss Kristin Dowd, you are a bigot simply by being a woman and publicly holding a view against another minority, if you want to do it privately, by all means go ahead, but to campaign against others is prejudiced. You see, you were once granted the right to vote, you didn't have it until your great grandfather and the rest of his generation voted that right into being. Your voice may never have mattered at all if it weren't for them, why don't you actually ponder that for a moment before you go stomping all over other people who are fighting for rights, because according the Bible you not supposed to have any rights either.

toddnova July 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Bigotry, how funny liberals always call people names they do not agree with, here is another example of liberals being on the wrong side of a moral issue, for people who have no morals how can you call someone a name simply because of moral beliefs. Besides every society that has embraced homosexuality has collapsed. God created marriage between a man and woman, so you are calling God a liar and bigot, no you are confussed not God he created you in his image

Gooding February 22, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Bigotry should have died with Ronald Reagan.

Sandra Martin February 22, 2010 at 4:53 pm

True, President Reagan was a wonderful man who loved everyone and was a tremendous role model for how we all should live, but get serious – he wasn't a miracle worker. He alone could not end bigotry. There will always be among us liberals/socialists who hate mankind, and especially mankind with dark skin.

janette 45cal February 22, 2010 at 4:40 pm

This should not even be an issue. "Gay" or homosexuals, or butt-sexers have the same Constitutional rights as any other Americans. NO you can't marry legally, NO you should NOT be able to adopt children, and NO NO NO you should nOT be in the Military. Get over it. Stick to your filthy perverted parades and BTW you could spend your time hellping others of your ilk practice safer sex so the disease like AIDS won't further spread. You folk are losers. You are a cult.

Oklahoma Kate August 27, 2010 at 3:33 pm

According to the United States government's own website <a href="http:// (www.cdc.gov)/” target=”_blank”> <a href="http://(www.cdc.gov):” target=”_blank”>(www.cdc.gov): "To date, there are no confirmed cases of female to female sexual transmission of HIV in the U.S. database."

0% of lesbians have gotten or have spread HIV/AIDS through sexual contact, while 31% of the U.S.'s new HIV/AIDS cases each year come from heterosexual activity. 53% of new HIV/AIDS cases come from the "MSM" (Men Who Sleep with Men) portion of the population.

In conclusion: If you combine gay and lesbian statistics, only 26-27% of the entire homosexual population is affected by HIV/AIDS, which undercuts the heterosexual community's total of 31%.

So it looks like the real truth is that, regardless of where semen ends up, semen is what spreads HIV/AIDS.

Just wanted you to know. I challenge you NOT to trust me and check it out for yourself: <a href="http://www.cdc.gov/hiv” target=”_blank”>www.cdc.gov/hiv

it is of my humble opinion that the argument against LGBT equality can not be held up with facts: it requires myths of alternative lifestyles and sexual perversion to talk people into jumping on the bandwagon and condemning homosexuals. I am absolutely open to being proven wrong, though I have yet to get anyone on the other side of this argument to have a dialogue with me where they stick to the facts.

Rebecca F. February 16, 2011 at 6:40 pm

AIDS is NOT a disease specific to homosexuals nor was it ever. On one hand you say they have the same rights as all other Americans and on the other you so no you can't marry or adopt children. Who are you to dictate who deserves certain rights and who doesn't? You are the loser. Due process and the establishment clause of the 14th amendment is NOT specific to straight people. Instances of homosexuality have been recorded since people started recording history! I am not a homosexual, but I am an American. ALL legal American citizens are entitled to the SAME rights. Not you or any other close minded, bible thumping, bigot have any right to deny them. How many millions of starving, dying, parent-less children are there in this world? You don't think they'd give anything to have a home with two loving parents?! You need punched in your tiny little head.

Sandra Martin February 22, 2010 at 4:43 pm

How about "Normal men marry normal women – as designed"? Normality is normal (and a prize) and should always be the goal. Just because it isn't always perfect doesn't mean we should throw it away and embrace perversion and disgustingly unhealthy lifestyles. The lowest common denominator is not something for which to strive. In fact, the concept could only be touted by the already-mentally-ill.

I love the bumpersticker in the photo. This nation needs more normality and a hell of a lot less catering to abnormal weirdos.

Oklahoma Kate August 27, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Sandra, do you know for sure that people in same-sex relationships are abnormal weirdos? WHAT IF they are not sexual devients but rather souls in love? IF so, society would be at fault for setting a false norm, and gay people should be revered for choosing true normality and cloesness to God in a time when the greater population judged them for it.____I guess what I'm thinking is this: 1 John 4:8 says "God is Love." Therefore, if people who engage in same-sex relationships DO have love between them, then God MUST be between them blessing it. Only God is love and only God can create or bestow love: love can not be born of evil.

Iris February 22, 2010 at 4:55 pm

S & M, trannies, men who like to screw animals, "golden" showers, playing in sh!t, socalled gay politics allows NAMBLA whose members are child molesters, you fu****g people are trying to ruin this country. I've known many homosexuals who don't want anything to do with people like you and they're ashamed of you!! Sttupid CPAC wasa circus act and they will regret it.

Oklahoma Kate August 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Iris, both heterosexual and homosexual people engage in S & M, beastiality, child molestation, "golden" showers, and "playing in sh!t." There are even heterosexual trannies!
I know two.

I personally have NEVER engaged in ANY of the above and have no desire to ever. Just reading your words I noticed feelings of disgust and horror rising up within me, as well as sadness. Disgust and horror about how much sexual violence &perversion exist in the world today, &sadness about the victims. ESPECIALLY when those victims are children.

I also felt anger. I noticed anger rise up in me when, after reading your list of perversions that have sadly been carried out by both heterosexual and homosexual criminals, you concluded by condemning homosexual people alone.

I feel angry about this because I am church-going Jesus freak who believes strongly in monogamy and healthy sexuality, yet I run into people daily who greet me with sneers, spitting and hatred when they see me walking down the street with my girlfriend: not bc of what I am or what I do, but bc of what they THINK i am and THINK I do.

guest February 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Apparently this forum is rather well populated with folks who seem to have adopted the post-modern lifestyle/world view-that being one of fully irrelevant "progressiveness" (meaning anything goes, as long as no one is "offended"-unfortunately, the most helpless are usually the ones most offended, but you close your ears to their cries….).

Well, most Americans are in fact, traditionally minded, meaning that while every one of us is prone to fail, we do not adopt a mentality that it is all right to lower oneself to depraved behaviors as an "out" because of many well established reasons.

I know I will be vilified, as you who preach "tolerance" are in fact most intolerant. Liars.

You hide behind perversion as a new morality (no morality) when everything in nature cries out for order and design-as all who hate the truth of reality usually do. Turn a lie into truth and (attempt) to pervert truth itself, so you can live with yourself (with therapy).

May you find what you are looking for.

Keara February 22, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Please, can we dispense with the comments about personal appearance? Homophobia is an ugly thing. The effort to demolish the wall between church and state fills me with dread. But looks-ism is a pretty bad idea too.

guest February 22, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Why do so many attempt to use the label "Homophopic/homophobia"? Do you really think traditionally minded people are actually "afraid" of "homosexuals"? No, we are not afraid, we simply are persuaded that that behavior (among many others) is a perversion of what is intended by our creator.

I know, I know, I am a bigoted neanderthal etc…. Why don't you tolerate my view? Because you think it is wrong? So who's the bigot?

Keara February 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

First, my comment was aimed primarily at the very troubling wisecracks about the young woman's appearance. Second, I have difficulty with your point of view not so much because it is wrong but because it is dehumanizing.

Keara February 22, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Actually, I misspoke. I have difficulty with the state point of view because it is dehumanizing and therefore, imo, wrong. Btw, I will not be responding further to this commenter because I have found it useless to engage with persons with whom it appears I have little or no common ground.

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Who you believe OUR creator is, is not everyones beliefs…we left England searching for freedom of religion and beliefs… so stop trying to tell everyone that they have to believe what you do because we don't and most of us don't believe what you believe in… also if you are going to believe in your creator…he also told you to love one another as you would yourself. so deny me the right to marry but also deny yourself the same right.

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I find it absolutely fascinating that so many people profess to "know what the creator intended." I find it fascinating that so many people refuse to or are unable to think for themselves. I find it fascinating that so many people are so quick to embrace hatred, bigotry, lies, just because a few people a few thousand years ago wrote it down. I also find it fascinating that so many people pick and choose the parts of an old book they like and discard the rest.

When all you bible-thumpers stop eating shrimp, stop wearing poly-cotton blends, stop working on the "sabbath," start stoning each other for whatever reasons are proscribed in the bible, start keeping slaves and marrying your deceased brother's wife, start having multiple wives, stop using birth control, etc., THEN you might be justified in calling yourselves good Christians. Or whatever other religions support those beliefs.

(By the way, I am NOT advocating ANY of those illegal acts. Oh, yeah, our laws actually outlaw the bible's tenets. Imagine that!)

Regardless, the founding fathers were smart to write separation of church and state into the Constitution. So, keep your religion off my laws.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Well, Davey, like it or not there is an Owners Manuel called the Bible – and it gives pretty clear and explicit instruction on how The Creator wants you to live your life.

You can find this at many bookstores. Maybe even online, in case you are financially challenged.

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Doug,

Guess what. There are other religions that Christianist ones. So, what would you tell a Muslim? Is the bible his o her owner's manual too? How narrow-minded can you possibly get? This counry is a melting pot of every religion, every culture, every sect, every nationality, and every belief in the world. Our diversity is our strength.

If you want to follow the boble as your "owner's manual," by all means, go for it. As long as it doesn't impede the civil rights of others, and as long as it doesn't force you to break laws, and as long as you don't pick and choose the parts you like.

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Also Doug, your Owners Manual will tell you that a lot of what EVERY single person in the United States and the World does is wrong. For example go down to my post about the other Abominations Your Owners Manual talks about… Notice I didn't claim it as my own! It is flawed and it is not an Owners Manual it is a book. A compilations of writings for one cause, just like a collection of Poems is not a Manual for Poets but a work by people who are involved in that area of art and literature. The bible is not something everyone believes in.

Donny April 6, 2011 at 11:14 am

This entire chain is a rambling of postmodern relativity, strawman arguments, and hedonistic egoism, to classify correctly. Saying that Christians shouldn't eat shrimp, wear poly-cotton blends, etc. shows a lack of knowledge of Christianity and creates a perfect strawman argument. All of those laws reside in the Old Testament and Christianity deals solely with the New Testament. The Covenant's completion ended the old law and replaced doctrine with faith and grace. There is no separation of state in the constitution; it says that the state cannot officially recognize or designate a specific religion as the religion of the republic.

Diversity is not a strength; that's why countries with a more religious and ethnically homogenous population have higher productivity and happiness indexes.

As compared to other religions, Chrisianity has the most scientific basis. (Islam formed out of economic necessity as Christian and Jewish businesses wouldn't trade with the Bedouin population unless they recognized Abrahamic law. Thus, they invented Islam and after the Bedouin received even less trade as a punishment for manufacturing a religion they became, as the Koran prescribes, violent.

DougInSanDiego February 22, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Here we have it – the most hateful and intolerant bunch of idiots in America.
Nearly every comment blasts this woman (or calls her a 'dog') simply because she holds an opinion different than yours. Evil ones you be, bigots.

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I don't know what you are saying…but I didn't call her a dog and you can't say everyone blasts her. We are stating things just like she is! And just because the readers of this blog disagree with the statement on said bumper sticker doesn't mean we don't get the SAME if not WORSE treatment from the religious right and conservatives of every level. (Just look at what they are trying to deny me! The right to marry and all the rights and privileges that go along with marriage…Civil Unions are NOT the same thing!)

JustAPooka February 22, 2010 at 7:32 pm

@ northendguy

You wrote: "Real men" also beat their wives, cheat on them, divorce them …

Um … No. … They don't. Real men treat their wives with respect, stay true to their wives, and stick in the marriage for the long haul. But nice try.

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Here is just a little proof that what David wrote about the bible is true.

If you have committed Adultery you should be stoned… If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If you have had sex outside of marriage… If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her … and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say … these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. … But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21 (Which is interesting..it is almost as if God wanted divorce to happen.)

For disobeying your parents… If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother … Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city … And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For breaking the Sabbath… They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. … And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones…. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

These are just a few… Do you want to know what abominations you are performing everyday of your life? give me a little bit and I will let you know.

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Thank you. Great work!

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 8:36 pm

let me start out by saying this…. "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone." John 8:7

I have a couple things you Religious should be wary of, you know, before you go calling me a sinner.

Adultery (Leviticus 18:20)
Sex with Animals (Leviticus 18:23)
Remarrying one's wife (Deuteronomy 24:4)
Approaching any woman during her time of "Uncleanliness" (Leviticus 18:19)
Cross Dressing, including Halloween, women in slacks (Deuteronomy 22:5)
Tarot cards, horoscopes, tattoos, and trimming your beard (Leviticus 19:26-28)
Lying (Proverbs 6:17 & 12:22)

"Everyone who acts unjustly is an abomination to the LORD your God" (Proverbs 11:16)

Rare steaks off the grill (Leviticus 17:10)
Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, all shell fish (Leviticus 11:10)
Rack of ribs (Leviticus 11:7)

Charging or paying interest are abominations. Bankers and anyone with a mortgage, car loan or credit card debt will be unavailable to throw the first stone, regardless of the interest rate (Psalm 15:1-5, Jeremiah 15:10)
Graven images of other gods are an abomination (Deuteronomy 7:25)

(Deuteronomy 22:11) forbids wearing a material made of wool and linen, but (Leviticus 19:19) says it's an abomination to wear any blended material, period.

Now you may judge accordingly. Hope you enjoy the material.

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Sorry… the list right above this would be a short list of the abominations in the Bible… It is not all encompassing.

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Maybe you should start blogging… :-)

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm

About what? Oh, and haven't I tried that multiple times!? I would like to after this semester is over and you could help…maybe?

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Happy to!

Elaine February 22, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Wait! You forgot that thing about touching the skin of a dead pig! No football for you …

Caleb February 22, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Very true… this list and the one below are not all encompassing. But yes. Great Point!

noone February 22, 2010 at 6:47 pm

David Badash separation of Church and State is not in the constitution nor is most of what you wrote in the Bible! Separation comes from the federalists papers and letters NOT from any of the documents meant to be put into law.It was an overreach by the USSC.I just love liberals who think they are so smart and then go to show how unimformed they really are! LOL

Elaine February 22, 2010 at 9:29 pm

WHY do people persist in believing this myth about separation of church and state not being in the Constitution? Have they never read the First Amendment? For those who have not (and apparently there are many), it begins: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof …" Clearly this was of the utmost importance to the framers, since it the very first of all the individual rights spelled out in the entire Bill of Rights. It's commonly known as the Establishment Clause. It means no religious belief or practice can be imposed on or forbidden to citizens by their government. How hard is that to understand?

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Sadly, the Michele Bachmans of the world, much like "noone" above, think that if the words are not specificly stated in the Constitution the concept doesn't exist. So, if the Constitution doesn't **specifically** say, for example, "the government may create the department of education," it's unconstitutional. Strict interpretation, it seems, works for them with the Constitution, but when it comes to the bible, the reverse is true, There, it's OK to pick and choose.

David Badash February 22, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Noone: Well, you're just plain wrong. I will get you biblical chapter & verse. Come back in a bit and I'll have it. And I'm sorry, but just because YOU disagree with what SCOTUS decided doesn't mean it's wrong. It is the law of the land. Just like with the bible, you can't pick and choose.

Go down to the end and real the comment by Caleb, who delivers bible chapter and verse supporting my comment hat you didn't like so you labeled it factually inaccurate.

You know us silly, well-educated progressive elites. We're, you know, educated. Comes in handy when combating ignorance.

BerkshireMom February 23, 2010 at 12:27 am

Who are you to say that anyone has made a choice, and who decides what is "the norm"? And please don't give me the same old response of "The Bible", for too many men have manipulated the Good Book for their own use and benefit throughout the centuries. My God made no mistakes, so for anyone to suggest that gay people are somehow inferior seems to think that God erred. I certainly don't.

David Badash February 23, 2010 at 1:01 am

"My God made no mistakes, so for anyone to suggest that gay people are somehow inferior seems to think that God erred. I certainly don't."

God bless you!

BerkshireMom February 23, 2010 at 12:34 am

I find many gay-bashers ot be total hypocrits. Hypocrits have earned no respect. Who deserves greater respect: the person who claims to be born again who cheats on an unsuspecting faithful spouse and gives her an STD, or the person who made a lifetime committment to faithfully treat their spouse with love and honor and respect, and DOES it? God, some of your "chosen people" seem to throw out marraige vows with the week's refuse, yet they wish to dictate who everyone else will wed. I respect my married friends, colleagues, employers, neighbor's, and relatives, gay and straight, who do what they say they will do and really take commitment to heart. I hold in highest regard anyone who active works toward making things better for humankind, instead of wasting time and effort spewing hate and ignorance. Hypocrits need to grow up and get over themselves.

Charlee February 24, 2010 at 3:51 am

Real men marry someone they love, and don't concern themselves with other people's business. I'm guessing this group doesn't know any real men. They seem to be very concerned about other people's business. They are also hypocrites, because if they were really following the bible, they would let their husbands deal with the outside world, and they would stay home and huddle the children to their bosom, and manage the slaves.

Rabia P March 9, 2010 at 6:22 am

I myself am a straight woman and engaged to a wonderful man, but I support equality in all realms. People do not just wake up one day flip a coin and decide they are gay, much less choose their race or skin color. As for people saying it is a abomination against nature, there are many animals in nature that prefer homosexual lifestyles. A recent study done details gay sex in almost 500 species of animals (birds and mammals). Did you know that 8% of male sheep will ONLY mate with other males? There is a breed of seagull in which a large percentage (approx. 15%) of the female population chooses to have a female partner, and only has one night stands with a male to produce an egg. Who cares if a woman loves another woman, or a man loves another man? Seriously, why does it bother you so much? Because a book says it is wrong, start looking at yourself and figure out why it bothers you so much. Is it possibly because you are scared that you yourself may harbor feelings for the same sex or some other silly thought? The bumper sticker is offensive because It is the common day racist slogan, instead of oppressing the African American people, it is now Gays and Lesbians.

Don't argue about how wrong this lifestyle is when the bible clearly states it is equally a sin to do many other things that (I assure) you 99.9% of us do on a daily basis.
How can you condemn this lifestyle when your same bible states that "he without sin cast the first stone". There is no one in the world who could say they are without sin. You cannot pick and choose your sins, if one is bad, another is equally as bad, so look at yourself before condemning and hating others. Christianity is supposed to be a religion about loving one another and forgiveness, none of this has been portrayed in many messages on this site.

Homosexuality has been around longer than many religious texts, and will be around when they are forgotten. So just remember that no matter what your faith is, none of us are without sin (or whatever the word in your faith is), so before you start judging others and their lifestyles, look at yourself first.
Make friends not enemies, it is a small world.