by David Badash on January 10, 2013

in Guns,News,Politics

Post image for ‘I’m Going To Start Killing People’ Threatens CEO Of Weapons Training Company Over Gun Control

The CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee-based company that provides weapons training and gear, posted a YouTube video in which he threatens to “start killing people” if President Obama’s gun control “goes one inch further.”

UPDATE: Gun Training CEO Who Threatened To Kill Over Gun Control: ‘I Don’t Retract Any Of My Statements’

In the video, James Yeager mistakes news reports that the Obama administration is considering executive orders to tighten existing laws and policies with a presidential order to ban assault weapons, which is not possible.

“Vice President Biden is asking the president to bypass Congress and use executive privilege, executive order to ban assault rifles, to impose stricter gun control,” Yeager says, adding. “Fuck that.”

“I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots, to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack up a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

“I’m not fucking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.”

Yesterday, the conservative media went into full freak out mode when Vice President Biden held his first White House meeting of his gun policy commission. The Drudge Report, as The New Civil Rights Movement noted, posted images of Hitler and Stalin in uniform above the headline, “WHITE HOUSE THREATENS ‘EXECUTIVE ORDERS’ ON GUNS.”

READ: Invoking Hitler And Stalin, Conservatives Freak Over Biden’s Gun Control Meeting

David Edwards at The Raw Story, who first reported on this story, also notes:

As The Atlantic noted on Wednesday, gun advocates can stop “freaking out” because Obama cannot ban assault weapons or close the gun show loophole without Congress.

The president, however, can take small steps like modernizing the background check system and limiting importation of assault rifles.

By Thursday morning, the video promising violence in response to gun control measures had been removed from Yeager’s YouTube page, but the link had not been removed from Facebook.

As of this writing, Yeager’s Facebook page was not accessible.

Mykelbarber January 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

Bet the FBI will be visiting this militant fascist soon.

wreaver January 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Why? They didn't visit anyone saying NRA members and employees should be murdered.

xianspamza January 10, 2013 at 10:52 am

And the gun nuts wonder why they are referred to as "gun nuts". Yeesh!

Dr. Matt January 10, 2013 at 11:23 am

Yeager and Alex Jones are living proof as why the mentality unstable should not be allowed to own weapons.

meriequalityjustus January 10, 2013 at 10:55 am

this is something that our gov. needs to look into as a terrorist threat, this man needs to be arrested for these threats it could stop another mass shooting if they are even interested in stopping it.
this man is a danger to society.

wreaver January 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Do you plan to arrest those on the left with terrorism for saying that every member/employee of the NRA should be murdered?

Cyn1171 January 10, 2013 at 11:45 am

Wow. If he doesn't already, he's about to have a very thick FBI file and a Secret Service babysitter. I really want to take the fanatics on both ends of the gun control spectrum out of the equation and let sane, moderate people from both sides have a real brainstorming conversation about the topic. Actually, I'd like that for most of the hot button issues in our country, I'm so tired of sensational rhetoric on loop.

wreaver January 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm

LOL. I love it. So it was all right for those on the left to scream that NRA members/employees should be murdered. It was all right to say Boehner and McConnell should be dragged through the streets tied to a truck. It's all right to list gun owners on an interactive map like pedophiles. But it isn't all right for a retired police officer (retired to start a company) and a former contractor who worked in Iraq to fly off the handle and make a stupid comment. He took the video down about 5 minutes after posting it.

lippiluv January 10, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I must have been under a rock lately, I don't recall hearing anyone calling for the NRA members to be murdered. It's not googling either – do you happen to have a source I could look at? I'm simply looking to be informed, please don't think I'm for or against. Just looking to educate myself.

wreaver January 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm
lippiluv January 10, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Thanks – when I googled it, all I got were Twitter accounts calling for the NRA CEO to "shoot himself in the face" or "can we shoot the NRA?" types of things. That's not murder, that's calling for suicide. I am looking for concrete "we should murder them" stories preferably from elected officials, not just the average citizen with a Twitter account. I'll check out your links and their sources too, thanks!