Hurricane Sandy: Minister Blames Gays And ‘Pro-Homosexual’ Romney And Obama

by David Badash on October 29, 2012

in News,Politics,Religion

Post image for Hurricane Sandy: Minister Blames Gays And ‘Pro-Homosexual’ Romney And Obama

A Pennsylvania Christian minister, John P. McTernan, is blaming gay people and “pro-homosexual” Mitt Romney and Barack Obama for Hurricane Sandy. McTernan claims “both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda,” and says that, “God is systematically destroying America.”

If you add the area of the drought and now the hurricane together, it would be about 80 percent of the country! As I said, the Holy God of Israel is systematically destroying America right before our eyes.

McTernan, who claims he was a Federal Treasury agent, and claims he has an honorary PhD in Biblical Studies from Calvary Christian College, also says he has written many “best selling” and “acclaimed” books.

And McTernan, who is on Facebook, has a particular obsession with numerology, apparently:

Hurricane Sandy is hitting 21 years to the day of the Perfect Storm of October 20, 1991. I write about this in my book as America Has Done to Israel. This was the day that President George Bush Sr. initiated the Madrid Peace Process to divide the land of Israel, including Jerusalem. America has been under God’s judgment since this event. Both of these hurricanes were cause by freakish weather patterns that came together to create

Twenty-one years breaks down to 7 x 3, which is a significant number with God. Three is perfection as the Godhead is three in one while seven is perfection.

It appears that God gave America 21 years to repent of interfering with His prophetic plan for Israel; however, it has gotten worse under all the presidents and especially Obama. Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem. Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!

John Aravosis has another theory, noting the path of Hurricane Sandy is directly in the path of John P. McTernan’s home. And Pam Spaulding notes, “at least it’s not Pat Robertson (yet).”

Also interesting are the few comments on McTernan’s site, like this one:

John, my husband and I will pray for you and your family. Sounds like Obama may cancel voting day.Interesting how Bloomberg is calling for mandatory evacuations and subways are closed and trains will not run. They will have complete control over hundreds and thousands of people.I pray good Christian people will not make rash decisions in this situation.West coast is experiencing earthquakes,also. America is in judgement and I believe we will soon see Jesus coming for His bride. God bless you and thank you for what you are doing to let us know what is happening. Jane

Of course, there is always, you know, science.

barbonine October 29, 2012 at 11:31 am

Things I think are mighty funny:
1. God influences weather as punishment. So explain to me why most devastating tornados occur in a place called The Bible Belt. We never hear any pastor yelling that the Bible Belt is sodden with sin.

2. Florida. Oh please. Why is this place even allowed to exist?

3. Everybody knows the number 9 is the Magic Queen of Numbers, not 7. 9 has magical powers and also is German for no.

revdean October 30, 2012 at 1:11 pm

1. Because these honest, God-loving Americans are not doing enough to protect America! WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

2. Because Florida is part of God's plan… to sell polyester. BUY POLYESTER, AMERICA!!

3. And 9 is three 3's! And two 9's is 18, plus ANOTHER 3 is 21! IT'S ALL PART OF GOD'S PLAN!!

barbonine October 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

9 9 9!

GaybyGod October 29, 2012 at 12:28 pm

AND GOD SAID IN 2012, "I am ashamed of the world. How they are treating each other, waging war, and denouncing their brothers and sisters. How they are pouring obscene amounts of much needed money into winning an election, rather than using it on the needy, hungry, and homeless. How these preachers use my name to persecute, discriminate, and promote hate towards my LGBT children. How they have lost the concept of brotherly love.They have forgotten how to create, rather they destroy, even though, made in my image, the CREATOR. How they choose FEAR over FAITH. What one sows, so shall they reap."

eroissyfr October 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm

What a doughass. Made me laugh

ricklondonsyndication October 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I have a question for the good reverend. Do you love Israel? I thought so. And good. Me to. I only ask because Israel has some of the most progressive pro-LGBT laws in the world. It is the well-known refugee country for any LGBT born in the Middle East who knows he/she could be stoned to death in many Arab nations including Gaza (simply for being gay and often are).

Though 61% of Israelis believe in marriage equality; it is up for a vote. Meantime they have equal civil rights. Yet Israel has never had a hurricane, and we are commanded to bless Israel. Why, reverend do we bless a country that you obviously have no love for, and think God hates?

And by the way, yes, even Palestinian LGBTs get full refuge status in Israel and there is a well-known underground smuggling operation that brings them to Israel (at no cost) for safe haven.

PS App. 18% of Israel is Christian, and they feel similarly to the rest of Israel. Are they too, an abomination who will bring hurricanes to Israel because of gay marriage? Just askin'.

wmt3076 October 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm

lol he is from PA how i am ashamed i have an idea HURRICANE SANDY IS JUDGEMENT FROM GOD on DUMBASS CHRISTIANS saying a rape baby is a BLESSING FROM GOD

EdinOcala October 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I hope he meets Jesus sooner than he thinks he will………

soupwaiter October 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

If I was protecting Isreal I would have attacked germany 60 years ago rather than sending a force 1 hurricane to New Jersey. Talk about too little too late. And 9,000 miles off target.

blh31313 October 30, 2012 at 4:05 am

Here's an idea: instead if blaming gays or athiests or whichever group you find icky, instead if praying to fictional characters to save us from a Real monster storm try Asking What caused this to happen in the first place. And then go help the actual people buy providing real help instead if spreading blame and hate

lepidopteryx October 30, 2012 at 11:52 am

Maybe the good reverend can explain something to me. If Katrina was God's outpouring of wrath over the sin in New Orleans, why is it that the worst damage was to the homes of poor people, while Bourbon Street barely even got wet?

DoctorCrank October 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm

It amazes me that the so-called Christians can so pervert the simple message of love and compassion from Jesus. THey embrace hatred and intolerance and appear to embrace wide-spread suffering as proof of their vile theology. It apparent does not matter that the innocent suffer – men, woman and children of different faiths. It is further apparent that what we have learned about the natural world is not relevant to to their opinions. Storms and other natural disasters are not explained by science and observation, but by an angry and vengeful Yahweh! What next? Disease is caused by demonic possession
I am further puzzled by the obsession of McTernan over the sexuality of others. I have yet to meet an ardent homophobe that was not intensely conflicted about his own sexuality.
One last, and personal bit. I object to those that who are awarded honorary doctorates using "doctor" before the name or "PhD" after. I earned mine, and it took five years of my life.