by David Badash on January 5, 2013

in Bigotry Watch,ENDA,News,Politics

Post image for ‘Flaming Homosexuals Wearing Stilettos’ Will Apply For Jobs In Christian Bookstores If ENDA Passes Says Fischer

Bryan Fischer yesterday on his radio program threatened that “flaming homosexuals… wearing stilettos, a dress and dangly earrings” would apply for jobs in Christian bookstores if ENDA passes into law. Fischer, the public face of the certified anti-gay hate group, American Family Association, claimed “the homosexual lobby” would purposely target religious businesses, including “Christian bookstores,” if the Employment Non-Discrimination Act were passed by Congress and signed into law.

Claiming “ENDA would represent the return of Jim Crow laws” in a blog post accompanying his radio rant, Fischer ludicrously rips former GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan:

Ryan today reiterated his support for ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

This is a horrible bill for a social conservative to support since it would mean the absolute end of religious liberty and freedom of association in the marketplace. It would, in other words, gut the First Amendment. It’s shameful for Ryan, who also voted for this Constitution-shredding bill in 2007, to be so blissfully and blindly unaware of the consequences of this legislation.

These consequences would be unintended in Ryan’s case, who is simply being naive and thoughtless in his support, but such consequences are clearly intended by homosexual activists, who know that this law could and would be used relentlessly to punish and bankrupt one values-driven employer and business after another.

If ENDA goes into effect, no Christian employer could ever make a values-based personnel decision again. If a man wearing a dress, stilettos, and dangly earrings came into his Christian bookstore looking for a job and didn’t get one, the owner would be subject to a gigantic, business-ending discrimination lawsuit.

There is no reason to think that the homosexual lobby would not deliberately select values-driven businesses, and then send flamboyant homosexuals in to apply for advertised vacancies, just so they could use this law as a bludgeon to further pummel Christians into becoming the newest minority utterly deprived of their civil rights.

In fact, ENDA would represent the return of Jim Crow laws. Only now the people victimized would not be victimized based on the color of their skin but on the content of their character.

Remember when values were choices you made — like whether or not to lie, cheat, steal, support the needy, be polite — not who you love?

And, Christians “becoming the newest minority utterly deprived of their civil rights,” is offensive on its face. It is not anyone’s civil right to have the right to deprive others of their civil rights. Fischer is angry he’s losing the “right” to be a hateful anti-gay bigot with control over others.

ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, has been introduced into every Congress but one since 1994.

“In 29 states, it remains legal to fire someone because they’re lesbian, gay, or bisexual; in 34 states it’s legal to fire someone solely for being transgender,” HRC notes.

Hat tip: Right Wing Watch

Alex_Parrish January 5, 2013 at 10:17 am

He might have something there. I hadn't thought of it. I don't do drag–it's just not my thing, but I would be willing to don a dress, dangly earrings and stilettos (I insist on fishnet stockings) and get a job at a "values-driven (read: bigoted) business' if it would mean an end to bigoted business practices. Who's with me on this?

barbonine January 5, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Guy doesn't know his gays from his trannys. I don't know any gay men who dress up like women, but I do know some transexuals who do. They're not necessarily gay, but I never asked because it's none of my biz and I don't really care.

tomchicago01 January 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm

And be on their feet all day? I don't think so.

cipher January 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm

" '‘Flaming Homosexuals Wearing Stilettos’ Will Apply For Jobs In Christian Bookstores If ENDA Passes Says Fischer"

Promise?

daggett588525 January 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm

know I'm going to get a lot of shit from this, but I think that ENDA should have an exception clause of Christian orientated business (churches, bookstores, etc..) This DOES NOT mean that a grocery store owned by a Christian or a restaurant owned or managed by a Christian is the exception. ONLY Christian founded businesses. We've had our rights trounced on too long to even thing of violation the rights of anyone else! Why would I want to work for a company that hates me anyway?

Serenifly January 5, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Fuck no. The special treatment of religitards needs to stop. Businesses per definition can't have a religion.

jchastn January 6, 2013 at 1:44 am

I agree. The ONLY exception should be actual Religious Businesses. Christian Bookstores, Churches. Period. If not-so-great looking folks can be excluded from modeling agencies, then not-so-religious folks can be excluded from working at Christian Bookstores or in Churches. That said, if you are business owner, you have no business shoving your religion down the throats of your employees. If you get all religious on potential or existing employees, your ass should be grass.

maineiac14 January 6, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I don't have a problem with that so long as I get to refuse, christians, jews, blacks, indians, arabs and anyone else I don'w want or liket to enter my store, or restaurant, or hotel. Oh, and of course redheads, and ymmm…any female over the age of 50. It's absurd to think that because someone is a christian they should have the right to discriminate while no one else has that right. So much for the love and acceptance you people so often talk about. Seems a lot more like hate and bigotry to me. Tell me one thing, just one right that you have had "trounced on"? You can't.

CastleRockBear January 6, 2013 at 10:46 am

Does Brian Fischer know anything except making himself look like an unintelligent moron?

maineiac14 January 6, 2013 at 11:37 pm

He can't possibly make himself any thing other than what he is.

whatsmyparty January 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Fisher is becoming increasingly transparent with his fantasies.

StanleyJames January 7, 2013 at 2:48 am

If you read between the lines of what it says about him on wiki its obvious he is a racist. He also lived or grew up in Idaho, one of the states with the most number of neo nazi groups.

He's just anotehr mad Fred Phelps westboro baptist, type. Belongs in a nuthouse. MOst of the anti gay groups with family in their name are spin offs of his hate group.