AC360: Pastor Worley Defender Says ‘Yes I Agree’ Gays Should Die

by David Badash on May 24, 2012

in Bigotry Watch,Discrimination,News,Politics,Religion

Post image for AC360: Pastor Worley Defender Says ‘Yes I Agree’ Gays Should Die

Last night CNN’s Anderson Cooper talked with a parishioner and defender of North Carolina Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church, who fully supports his call to round up all lesbians and “queers and homosexuals” and place them in a genocide-like concentration camp complete with an electric fence. “Yes, I agree with him,” she admits.

Stacey Pritchard, who also was interviewed yesterday by local station WCNC and said, “Sometimes you gotta be scared straight,” tells Cooper that people keep taking the Pastor’s words “out of context” and people keep focusing on the electric fence issue. “I agree with what the sermon was and what it was about,” she says. “If they can’t get the message that that’s wrong, then, you know, they can’t reproduce and eventually they would die.”

Defiantly and arrogantly, Pritchard chastises Cooper:

Once again, people keep harping harping harping on the electric face, this and that. It’s about the homosexuals, and it’s wrong. That’s what it’s about.

Curiously Pritchard can’t seem to grasp fully the fact that it’s straight people who keep making gay people, but then conceded, “Exactly, but we were meaning the ones in there. You see, it’s all taken out of context and twisted.”

Ignorantly, Pritchard says it’s never going to happen, people are never going to actually put gays, or, to Cooper’s example, Jews, behind electric fences. Cooper says it’s already happened, it’s called the Holocaust, and adds it’s happening today all around the world.

“Yeah, and this is 2012,” Pritchard stupidly responds. She adds, “And you know what? This is a pastor that speaks the word of God. Anybody can take it any way they want to and if they don’t like it they don’t have to.”

Aside fro Stacey Pritchard’s arrogance and ignorance, what is really offensive is her attitude. She thinks she’s right, she’s standing with the word of God. She has no idea.

By now, most everyone has heard Pastor Worley’s sermon from Sunday, May 13, Mother’s Day.

“Build a great, big, large fence — 150 or 100 mile long — put all the lesbians in there,” Pastor Worley says, as his sermon builds. ”Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can’t get out…and you know what, in a few years, they’ll die out…do you know why? They can’t reproduce!”

But the following Sunday, May 20, Pastor Worley continued his attacks on gay people, having his assistant read Leviticus and Romans and inviting all sodomites into his church so he could preach to them and “save” them.

Related:

Pastor Worley Invites Sodomites And Lesbians For A Reading Of Levitcus

Worley: ’40 Years Ago Gays Would’ve Hung, Bless God, From A White Oak Tree’

Worley’s Church Members Support Pastor And Bible: Gays ‘Worthy Of Death’

Lesbian Church Attendee Of ‘Genocide For Gays’ Pastor Worley Speaks

Concentration Camp For Gays Pastor: America Reacts With Petitions And Protest

Anderson Cooper And Martin Bashir Take On Genocide For Gays Pastor

Pastor Who Suggested Genocide-Like Concentration Camps For Gays Loses Website

Genocide? Pastor Says Kill All ‘Queers And Homosexuals’ By Airlifting Into Electric Pen

DeGuyzinMS May 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Boy, does God have a surprise for them…lol

edocol May 24, 2012 at 6:51 pm

the surprise being that there is no god. godisimaginary.com

Rsyk May 24, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Citation needed.

anahead May 25, 2012 at 9:34 am

You got that right! And his followers call him a "compassionate" man – compassionate like Hitler… Before he starts judging others, as I believe God points out in several places we're not supposed to do, perhaps he should look inward. Oh but wait, he's perfect – I forgot! lol NOT!!!!!!!!!

Lou Gagliardi May 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

nd I say this as a Christian, and a newly outed transgender…if God created everyone (after all the Book of Genesis says "Let US make make in OUR image…" (1:26–which also smacks of polytheism) ) that means God created LGBT people. Which means this supposed "alternative lifestyle" isn't alternative or a lifestyle "choice"–it's a legitimate lifestyle engrained in our DNA yet these believers in God (I do use the term VERY loosely before anyone jumps on me.) refuse to believe that god could do such a thing.

And if God did create us, then how can it be a sin?

it makes my head hurt.

christopherkoehler May 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Nothing cures ignorance and arrogance like doubling down on them.

doug1408 May 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm

That sounds like a threat to my life and I live in Florida, hmm I wonder.

Janie2487 May 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I agree with Lou…I am a Christian and Lesbian. I have always felt attraction toward females but fought it to be straight just the way I was taught to be. I am tired of hiding who I am, the me God created. These people are not Christians. They are igorant and use the Bible to justiy something they are scared of. I guarantee that preacher didn't tell them all about what Leviticus says. These so called "Christians" really need a coming to Jesus. Jesus said to love everyone unconditionally just as he loves us. These people will one day have to answer to God for everything they say and do. I honestly feel sorry for them.

Lou Gagliardi May 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I was the same way. I knew when I was 10, that I was transgendered but I lied to myself for nearly 20 years (it would come up from time to time) until late last year when I finally came out. I was scared because I was going to the Salvation Army at the time, even becoming a member of the layclergy in an effort not to disappoint my mother..but then in about August I came out and haven't looked back.

wendysan12 May 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Who says gay people can't reproduce? Food Network star Cat Cora and her partner were both pregnant at the same time … they produced double, and without twins!

wendysan12 May 24, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Whereas me, I'm straight … but can't reproduce. I tried for years, had multiple miscarriages despite obeying doctors' orders to the T … guess I should be behind the electric fence instead of the gay people.

scottjmiller May 24, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Even Adolf Hitler seemed o.k. early on. And in the end, he blew Evas' and his brains out. Pity if Worley followed suit since he advocates concentration camps.

scottjmiller May 24, 2012 at 6:12 pm

p.s. I wonder if he's even read the Bible.

Ronnie_in_Va May 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I'd love to sit down to dinner with him and discuss Leviticus and his haircut over bacon wrapped shrimp.

Robroberts2009 May 24, 2012 at 10:20 pm

This woman is a perfect spokesperson for her trash church and gutter religion: a Fat, ugly, illiterate, stupid, uneducated brainwashed tool who repeats the hateful propoganda of her bigot pastor.

I love how she casually agrees with genocide; what a sickening cow. I am so happy I live nowhere near these people. If i lived in North Carolina I would definitely carry a gun.

lepidopteryx May 25, 2012 at 12:43 am

All of the gay men and lesbians I know were produced by straight parents.

DeGuyzinMS May 25, 2012 at 11:58 am

We're expecting a media event here at some point in time and to imagine the like of these people out front just turns my stomach. But, they make pretty much fools out of themselves and there's always "one" who want's to stand out. That's the one to keep an eye on.

ShadowSterling May 26, 2012 at 2:25 pm

David thank you for writing this post.

We are fortunate enough to have free speech in this country but when it is used to engender hate against any group or person it should NEVER be tolerated. When it occurs we should not just shrug our shoulders, they should be called out on it each and every time until it no longer occurs. http://www.ShadowSterling.com

jimmyfresno May 31, 2012 at 12:37 am

Stacey Pritchard 311 E. Herman St. Newton, NC 28658.