The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation not only dropped Planned Parenthood recently, it also dropped “Breast Cancer Foundation” from its name. With all that loss, it’s only natural that they would need to fill a great void, and what better way to do it than with a gun? Yes, that’s right, the “new and improved” Susan G. Komen for the Cure (their new moniker) now has partnered with the manufacturers of Smith and Wesson, the largest manufacturer of handguns in the U.S., to produce the Walther P-22 Hope Edition handgun in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Breast cancer is a terrible thing. It kills an estimated 41,000 people (yes, a small fraction of its victims are men) annually. Gun violence in America kills 10,000 people a year. What better partnership could there be?
Susan G. Komen for the Cure used to be one of the most-respected “brands” in the non-profit world. Every major company wanting to not only help find a cure for breast cancer, and who wanted to improve their own brand, sponsored Komen. Now, Komen has become one of the least-respected organizations in America, literally overnight.
In fact, the President of the National Organization for Women yesterday said she fully expects Komen to not even exist in five years.
Oh, and by the way, the pink Walther P-22 “Hope Edition” (“hope”? Really, as in, “I hope I kill you?” Seriously?) can be yours for the low price of $429.99. Get them while they last.
Kristen Gwynne qnotes, “Komen will keep its distance from a group that provides health services to low-income women, but doesn’t mind teaming up with weapons manufacturers.”
Here’s the pitch:
Discount Gun Sales is proud to team up with the Susan B. Koman Foundation to offer the Walther P-22 Hope Edition in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A portion of each P-22 Hope Edition will be donated to the Seattle Branch of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
The P-22 Hope Edition has an exclusive DuraCoat Pink slide in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Utilizing the same reliable controls and firing mechanism that has made the Walther P-22 America’s top selling handgun, the Hope Edition will be a limited production pistol offered exclusively through Discount Gun Sales.
- Finish: Pink Slide / Black Frame
- Action: DA/SA
- Trigger Weight: 11 lbs / 4 lbs
- Sights: 3-Dot Adjustable
- Length: 6.3″
- Height: 4.5″
- Width: 1.1″
- Barrel Length: 3.4″
- Caliber: .22 LR
- Capacity: 10
- Weight, unloaded: 15.1 ozFeatures
- Interchangeable frame back straps create an ideal fit to the shooter’s hand
- Compact design and light-weight are achieved by a modern polymer frame (just 480 grams, including the magazine)
- Traditional double-action operation
- Ambidextrous controls for both left and right hand shooters
- Integrated trigger lock, loaded chamber indicator
- Magazine disconnect, hammer safety and firing pin safety for safe and reliable operation
- Modern, eye catching high tech design
- Fixed barrel for incredible accuracy
- Windage adjustable rear sight and elevation adjustment with interchangeable front sights for variations in shooter operation
- Interchangeable barrel (sold separately) can convert the P22 from the standard configuration to the target version in minutes
Let me repeat: Breast cancer kills 41,000 people annuals. Guns kill 10,000 people annually.
Do the math.
We invite you to sign up for our new mailing list, and subscribe to The New Civil Rights Movement via email or RSS.