Here's What You Need to Start Your Day
Good Monday Morning!
Here areÂ five things you need to know for today:
- Sunday night London faced another terror attack. A reportedly 48-year old white manÂ tried to mow down Muslims leaving aÂ Finsbury Park mosque after Ramadan night prayers. One person was killed. About ten others were wounded. The man was captured by pedestrians who saw the attack. He was "pulled out of his large white van by members of the public."
- One witness reports "while being restrained the suspect was protected by the people he is thought to have been targeting."
He said: "The leader of the mosque said 'You do not touch him.' He was sitting and holding him like that, people kept holding him."Â
Buzzfeed reports "the mosque where the attack took place wonÂ an award in 2014 for combating extremismÂ â€“ only the third religious organisation to get a Visible Quality Mark."
- J.K. Rowling launches tweetstorm:
The Mail has misspelled 'terrorist' as 'white van driver.' Now let's discuss how he was radicalised. pic.twitter.com/HPw2czZiV9â€” J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 19, 2017
- While PresidentÂ Donald Trump is quick to react to similar attacks, labeling them terrorism before even the most basic facts are known, his silence on this attack, which Prime Minister Theresa May says targeted Muslims, is stunning.Â
- Tragedy on Father's Day: "17-year-old Muslim girl assaulted and killed after leaving Virginia mosque." Trump also silent.
To comment on this article and other NCRM content, visit our Facebook page.