Victim Who Was Tortured For Being Gay By Russian Neo-Nazi Group Dies: Report

by David Badash on August 6, 2013

in Bigotry Watch,Discrimination,News

Post image for Victim Who Was Tortured For Being Gay By Russian Neo-Nazi Group Dies: Report

The victim of an anti-gay Russian neo-Nazi group who was tortured for supposedly being gay reportedly has died. The group, “Occupy Pedofilyaj,” which reportedly lures gay men and teens via social media and same-sex hookup ads, and then tortures them to “cure” them of homosexuality came into headlines last week when an image of the victim they tortured, and who is now reportedly dead, went viral.

Stephen Fry Calls For ‘Absolute Ban’ On Olympics: Putin ‘Eerily Repeating’ Hitler’s ‘Insane Crime’

Obama On Russian Olympics: ‘I Have No Patience For Countries’ That Try To Harm LGBT People (Video)

“According to the human right activist, Dr. Valentin Degtyarev, MD, who closely monitors infamous Neo Nazi group ‘Occupy Pedofilyaj,’ the Uzbek victim shown on this photo tragically died as a result of numerous tortures,” the LGBT rights group Spectrum Human Rights Alliance reports. “No arrests have been made and no charges were pressed.”

In the official correspondence from the local District Attorney office and Governor’s office it was explained that Russian authorities do not see any wrongdoings in the video clips or photographs posted by Neo Nazi group “Occupy Pedofilyaj.” Actually, the authorities referred to this group as one of the  “civil movements fighting the sins of the society.”

A Google translation of Degtyarev’s website, which announced the victim’s death states:

…they beat [the victim with] the bat a few hours, cut with a knife and stained with paint, tore his anus and filled his mount back the foam core is said by the bandits, apparently died after torture. He probably screamed and called for help, but since he did not know the Russian language is really no it did not help. A housemates apparently helped gangsters torturing him completely.

The victim’s name and age were not disclosed, nor was it known if in fact he was gay.

You’ll Have No Idea How Much Some Russians Hate Gays Until You Watch This

Vladimir Putin Just Made It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

Vladimir Putin has been waging a war against Russia’s LGBT community, which includes making illegal anything that might be seen as gay-supportive. It is now illegal in Russia to tell children gay people exist.

Last month, the Huffington Post reported that the “Russian online newspaper Lenta met with those who have joined the ‘Occupy-Pedofilyay’ campaign to learn more about the movement.”

“We do not like homosexuals,” the leader of one local gathering explained, according to a HuffPost translation. “If it was up to me, I’d kill them but the government doesn’t allow that.”

“I think practically all gay men — pedophiles,” he later explained. “Once you’ve crossed over once, you can cross over again. Today he likes boys, and then it’ll be children. They’re not suitable for life in society.”

Last week The New Civil Rights Movement posted a video with English subtitles of members of the Occupy Pedofilyaj group “curing” a young teen, which ends which them pouring urine over him.

Image via Valentin Degtyarev

Hat tip: Truth Wins Out

castlerockbear August 6, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I'm sick of being called a pedophile!! I love one man, my husband, and he's 40! I'm tired of this "sickness" being equated with who I am! The mental ones here are the Neo-Cons!…they have a sickness in that they are consumed about what my husband and I do in the privacy of our own home! I don't care what they do in their's and neither should they care what I do in mine….Funny.. they obsess over something that I don't even think about as often as they do!! ENOUGH!

LOrion August 6, 2013 at 2:15 pm

jmi2 August 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Russia has been going thru this 6th-grade girl, pre-adolescence for centuries time after time after time. they are not interested in becoming adult. every time the voice of reason & sanity has made a small resurgence, these 'girls' come out of the closet to attack. Putin himself comes across as one of them…

labyrinth144 September 14, 2013 at 6:49 am

I feel I must mention that these crimes are being committed by MALES, not females, thus I neither understand nor see the reason for your unabashedly gendered analogy.

Sure, sixth grade girls might tease one another and spread vicious rumours, so if this were an article about making fun of homosexuals by taunting them and calling them pedophiles, your comment might be more accurate. This article is about physical violence, torture, and murder of homosexuals, though; rarely do girls or women resort to this, regardless of age. Case and point: all of the assailants pictured are MEN. (I'm not saying women don't hate or that they don't ever resort to violence, mind you, but the manifestation of the former as the latter is quite rare in relation to the opposing gender.)

I suggest you do some serious thinking about why you equate hatred, brutality, and/or insanity with young women and try looking at the facts next time instead of simply making allegations that parallel your own ignorance. (If you're one of those "women are crazy" types, try looking up the words 'projecting' and 'gaslighting'.)

So this is what I contend: perhaps Russia needs to start acting more feminine.
Perhaps if the world wasn't largely chauvinistic (and dare I even say 'misogynistic at times') things like this wouldn't happen (or would happen Far less often). It is, after all, fear of male sexuality different from the hegemonic norm that is leading to these horrible acts. A world that doesn't respect women (as your comment above demonstrates) is obviously one that will not respect homosexuals.

Brian Stroup August 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm

We need to raise money to fund the formation of a militia to go after these guys. If I were a rich queer with all of that "disposable income" I would be arming gay Russian kids myself. Fuck the Interpopo

SeanLiberty13 August 6, 2013 at 6:02 pm

This unacceptable death brought to you by the protection of the Russian Government, the complicity of the IOC, and the cheers of blood thirsty terrorists Bryan Fischer, Tony Perkins, and Scott Lively. They all have blood on their hands.

sdfrenchie August 6, 2013 at 6:15 pm

From one extreme to another. During communist rule, religion wasn't allowed in Russia. Now they deign to call homosexuality a sin.
As for the skinheads, I hope the Russian White Supremist Gay Group is aware that this happened and treats those Nazi scum to the same torture they gave that boy. What they did to a minor child is far worse than pedophilia. It's murder. And Putin won't punish. Hopefully the Gay Skinheads will. This isn't a joke. They exist. It's strange, really. They hate people of color and they're gay.

HOWARDSHORE1970 August 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm

TurboKitty August 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I sincerely hope a member of Anonymous steps forward and does something to stop them … they need to be stopped

venzenait August 7, 2013 at 6:22 am

Just to be fair. The group mentioned in the article is not a neo-nazi one, though the leader is a far-right nationalist. Also their victims are not gays but pedophiles, hence the name – "occupy pedophiles". Not that this group likes homosexuals but they attacked this guy not because he was gay but because they suspected him to be a pedophile. Despite the group's stupidity they are usually right about identifying them. I am not defending their actions, nor do I even like them. There's simply too much misinformation in the western media about Russia. And then, when American or European musicians come into our part of the world, you hear nothing but hatred towards the whole country, just because of the actions of the few. For instance, Erykah Badu shouting "Fuck Russia" in Georgia and the bassist of Bloodhound Gang wiping his ass with a Russian flag in Ukraine.

harryunderwood914284961 August 7, 2013 at 12:23 pm

"Despite the group's stupidity they are usually right about identifying them"

Why do gays = pedophiles? Why are Christians the world over so obsessed with this equation?

And when we have sex or live in relationships – openly! – with ADULTS, why are we still equated to pedophiles?!

And why are *teenagers* being tortured?! Is this "usually right about identifying them"?

labyrinth144 September 14, 2013 at 7:08 am

Their victims are NOT pedophiles. They falsely equate homosexuality with pedophilia, a notion that has been disproved time and time again (i.e., most pedophiles are men who have NO sexual attraction to other men, thusly are NOT homosexuals)!! I assume from your comments that you are in Russia and are being duped into believing these absolutely FALSE notions like so many of your people. (It's tragically ironic that you cite the media as a source for hatred when you're falling into the very same trap.)

Do any amount of research on the subject and you'll find that homosexuality and pedophilia very, VERY rarely go hand-in-hand.
Here is one study, for example (access to it might be limited but the result is as follows: "Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1." )
In other words, ELEVEN TIMES OUT OF TWELVE a pedophile is a HETEROSEXUAL MAN!!
Again, this is just one study out of many and I urge you to do some reading before spouting any more ignorant, hateful nonsense.

ps- I don't know why the page keeps formatting my comment so poorly; forgive me if there is a lot of superfluous, nonsensical text surrounding this comment!

jjpca October 3, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thank you be being the official apologist for a brutal, corrupt and barbaric country. Your'e entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to tell you to go screw yourself.

Master Adrian August 8, 2013 at 7:07 am

Well, IF the guys in the picture are the ones who tortured the teen, and thus are responsible for his death, their thug-faces are known, and as someone knows their names and locations, they can be traced and tracked down, and what's wrong with finding a couple of corpses somewhere in Russia? Thousands of corpses are found daily in Russia, of people who have been murdered, slashed and torn apart.

If the law doesn't punish murderers, isn't it the Russian way to take matters in one's own hand?

Just thinking out loud (under the protection of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, detailing freedom of thinking, expression thoughts, and participating in the exchange of ideas, thoughts and opinions……) ….